• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2014 Legislature

hrdware

Well the bills have started to come rolling in and even though there is still a week left to get them submitted, there have already been some firearms related bill turned in for this session.

SB1240 Firearms and the Bus Passenger Safety Act
Would allow permit holders to carry firearms, open or concealed while on public buses

SB1258 Unconcealed handguns demand for certain documents
Would allow LEO to also demand OK drivers license or state ID along with your permit if you are OC

SB1264 Firearms modifying places for unlawful carry
Would allow carry in government buildings (other than federal) unless a security checkpoint must be gone through when entering. Adds Courthouse to list of prohibited places. Looks like it removes the parking lot exemption from sports arenas during professional sporting events and also places that offer para-mutual wagering. Removes the exemption for areas around buildings that are prohibited by the section...guess that would mean no more carrying at rallies at the capital. Removes the Administrative fine for violating the prohibited places list.

SB1266 Application for firearms deleting certain requirement
Removes the SSN requirement from the handgun license application

HB2324 Providing for individual firearms license for FGFSZA
If you are legally allowed to own a firearm in the state, you qualify for exemption from the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act

HB2351 Common Sense Zero Tolerance Act
Prevents schools from punishing students for brandishing pastries that may or may not be partially eaten that may resemble a firearm, from wearing clothing that supports the 2A, from talking about weapons and munitions, from drawing or having pictures of weapons and such.

More to come as I find them.

Last edited:

wpaulsen

schools

They need to change it to where each school board decides what their schools weapons policy will be.

hrdware

More Bills

SB1334 preventing law enforcement from disarming people on their own property
Specifies that absent RAS of a crime, someone cannot be disarmed for carrying a firearm on their own property.

SB1357 Allowing County Commissioners to carry firearms anywhere in the state
Why must we constantly exempt persons in a government office and give them more "liberty" than everyone else??

SB1363 Allowing College and Tech Centers to make their own firearms rules for general public
Universities and Tech centers can grant students permission to carry on campus, but the student would have to carry that permission slip with them. This would allow the college or university to make a blanket policy for non-students.

SB1442 Allowing retired or defeated district attorneys to carry a firearm anywhere in the state
See comment for SB1357

SB1466 Changes to College Carry
Colleges would no longer have to report SDA infractions to OSBI. They would also become exempt from liability for allowing persons to carry on the property

SB1473 Piers Morgan Constitutional Right To Keep and Bear Arms Without Infringement Act

Legislated unlicensed open (and long gun on a sling) carry

SB1753 Provides parking lot exemption in school parking lots

Would allow you to leave your firearm in your car, parked on school property, while you go inside

SB2079 Modify definition of pistol
From something that can "...discharge a projectile..." to "...discharge projectiles..."

SB2101 Universal Background Checks

Would require background checks when individuals are selling a firearm at a gun show as an exhibitor. Seller would have to keep records. Buyers are exempt if they have a Handgun License. This needs to die in committee.

SB2109 Limits purchases to 1 of any type of firearm per month
Self explanatory. This needs to die in committee

HJR 1085 Constitutional Carry
Would put fourth a change to the OK constitution to a vote of the people that would require strict scrutiny when legislating carry of firearms.

HB3414 Revocation of License
Allows family members to get a handgun license revoked if you become mentally unstable

Last edited:

Aknazer

What is the point of the pistol definition change? I mean I can see it going several different ways and it could actually make things more confusing. For example my XDm40, while being able to fire "multiple projectiles" in rapid succession can still only fire "a projectile" at a time. So, pistol or not? What about a single-shot derringer? To me a single shot derringer wouldn't fall under the definition of a pistol, while a multi-shot one would...but only if it discharged all rounds with a single pull. In fact the new definition makes it seem that unless either multiple barrels are firing at once or the gun is designed to shoot shot (like the judge, or those anti-snake shot rounds for .22LR for example) that no gun would really be a pistol because they are all designed to fire "a [single] projectile" at a time.

A better definition would simply be a weapon designed to fire a projectile (or projectiles) which would be considered reasonably lethal to humans, has a pistol-grip, no stock, and is less than 16" in barrel length.

elireloaded

Contact info...

Is there an online tool or link that will show us what reps. to contact to show our support for certain bills? I get confused about Senate vs House. This is a Senate bill correct?

I am really for several of these, I see a few that are not good. Specifically, I am really for SB 1264. I work in a Government building and (by current law) can't protect myself in the place where I spend the majority of my time. I would feel much more safe having the ability to defend myself if needed. I want them to know this and will most likely send a hand written letter as well as contact via phone and email. Also, I have to be very careful to remember to disarm when I am carrying the smaller pocket pistols as they are easy to forget.

Last edited:

hrdware

Is there an online tool or link that will show us what reps. to contact to show our support for certain bills? I get confused about Senate vs House. This is a Senate bill correct?

I am really for several of these, I see a few that are not good. Specifically, I am really for SB 1264. I work in a Government building and (by current law) can't protect myself in the place where I spend the majority of my time. I would feel much more safe having the ability to defend myself if needed. I want them to know this and will most likely send a hand written letter as well as contact via phone and email. Also, I have to be very careful to remember to disarm when I am carrying the smaller pocket pistols as they are easy to forget.

Here is a link that will show you our senators and representatives, just make sure you are contacting your state legislators not federal
http://www.oklegislature.gov/FindMyLegislature.aspx

SB is a bill that starts in the senate and HB means it starts in the house.

hrdware

SB1753 Provides parking lot exemption in school parking lots
Would allow you to leave your firearm in your car, parked on school property, while you go inside

I think I may have interpreted this incorrectly. It seems this bill would prevent you from carrying your handgun at all on school property, even for drop off and pick up. This one needs to die in committee.

Randy P

SB 1473
Firearms; creating the Piers Morgan Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms Without Infringement Act. Effective date.

Oh my, that's getting creative! Alex Jones is gonna have a field day if that one passes LOL.