• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KY. State Rep. accidentally discharges gun in capitol building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flb_78

No such thing as an "accidental" discharge, it's always negligent.

Typical politician, blame anyone and everyone before themselves.

DrakeZ07

This Virginia law would criminalize the representative

What does a Virginia law have to do with something that happened in KENTUCKY?

Kentucky:
nunst027.gif

Virginia:
state-flag-virginia.jpg

Notice a difference?

[video=youtube;_zrOS_YzGaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zrOS_YzGaQ[/video]

Notice that we're not apart of Virginia anymore?

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

There is only one acceptable way to deal with this issue: outlaw democrats !

I'll be the first in line to fight anyone who tries to enforce a anti-democrat ban on me.

Typical republican response, ban and outlaw everything that they don't agree with. Don't want your white man's penis to compete with a black man's? Outlaw interracial marriage. Don't want minorities to carry guns openly like white people, outlaw open carry. Don't like the thought of gay people enjoying the same tax benefits and legal protections that you have? Outlaw gay marriage. Don't want women to have a say in their lives, or control what goes on within their bodies? Outlaw abortion. Don't want the middle-class, and poverty-based workers to group up and fight and demand better pay for craptastic jobs? Outlaw unions. Don't want too hear/see people use profane words on the TV/Radio? Outlaw them. Don't want 'Chinamen' to use drugs and opiates in their free time? Outlaw Opiates and drugs! Don't want black dock workers to use cocaine on your Alabama harbour? Outlaw Cocaine and Crack! Don't want someone in an opposing party to exercise their right to free speech, and right to free association, by blaming a ND on the weapon? Outlaw their party! Don't like a president that kinda sorta wants to free slaves and treat them like human beings? SUCCEED FROM THE UNION!

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'll be the first in line to fight anyone who tries to enforce a anti-democrat ban on me.

Typical republican response, ban and outlaw everything that they don't agree with. Don't want your white man's penis to compete with a black man's? Outlaw interracial marriage. Don't want minorities to carry guns openly like white people, outlaw open carry. Don't like the thought of gay people enjoying the same tax benefits and legal protections that you have? Outlaw gay marriage. Don't want women to have a say in their lives, or control what goes on within their bodies? Outlaw abortion. Don't want the middle-class, and poverty-based workers to group up and fight and demand better pay for craptastic jobs? Outlaw unions. Don't want too hear/see people use profane words on the TV/Radio? Outlaw them. Don't want 'Chinamen' to use drugs and opiates in their free time? Outlaw Opiates and drugs! Don't want black dock workers to use cocaine on your Alabama harbour? Outlaw Cocaine and Crack! Don't want someone in an opposing party to exercise their right to free speech, and right to free association, by blaming a ND on the weapon? Outlaw their party! Don't like a president that kinda sorta wants to free slaves and treat them like human beings? SUCCEED FROM THE UNION!

Now now, one more law won't hurt ... at least the no democrat law ... beheading as punishment? We can only hope...

OC for ME

Uh, ya forgot to list the "banning of guns" for citizens, that is primarily a democrat goal. But, you do have the liberty to exclude that one tidbit.

PistolPackingMomma

Typical republican response, ban and outlaw everything that they don't agree with.

Weren't you the one who started a thread bitching about how the Dems wouldn't let you run on their ticket in Kentucky, so you were leaving the Democratic party?

bunnspecial

Just as a side note, folks who are unfamiliar with state and local level Kentucky politics(as I'm assuming most of the out-of-state posters in this thread likely are) should probably avoid making assumptions about the standings and beliefs about people and the legislature based only on party affiliation.

DrakeZ07

Weren't you the one who started a thread bitching about how the Dems wouldn't let you run on their ticket in Kentucky, so you were leaving the Democratic party?

Yes I am. Thank you for pointing that out, but you forgot to mention that your party also told me to my face that they didn't want a "person whose chosen lifestyle disagreed with our platform" running on their ticket to dislodge an anti-gun democrat. But hey, it's okay, I understand your point for bringing up my moderated post. I may hate the Democrat party leadership, but until I find a party that 1. is electable, and 2. won't just pay lip service to potential candidates, then I'll stick to being a Democrat, and fighting against ignorant people who think the U.S. would be a better Republic as a one-party 'democracy'. But then again, it works so well with China.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Well, I can't find the thread now, so I'm going strictly off memory, but I don't recall your post about trying to run on the Republican ticket. Strange that you would try, since you detest them so much.

Makes no difference to me; I'm not affiliated with any party. Just find it humorous you said in one post you're leaving the party because they didn't give you what you want, then you staunchly defend them in another post. *shrug* guess you went back for your ball.

DrakeZ07

Just as a side note, folks who are unfamiliar with state and local level Kentucky politics(as I'm assuming most of the out-of-state posters in this thread likely are) should probably avoid making assumptions about the standings and beliefs about people and the legislature based only on party affiliation.

You should tell that to the Democrat and Republican parties, AND to all the blue and red voters in this entire state who stupidly and rabidly votes for R or D with no forethought or educated responses, solely because that person has an R or a D next to their name, and their daddies voted for an R or a D, so they will to! and by golly, their kids are gonna be raised to vote for R or D, because it's not about what the individual can offer, its not even about the good and bad about each party, its about my daddy and his daddy before him and his daddy before that voted for R (or D), and so help me my kids, and grand kids are gonna vote R (or D), because we're Americans, and it's my right to brainwash my kids into voting my way or the highway no matter what, and so help me, I'll exercise my right to help show the world that Americans are inherently stupid, and the most undeserving of every single freedom that they have left. Herp a Derp.

OC for ME

First impressions do matter, to many. And, "party affiliation" matters, to many. Especially on the Interwebz, rightly or wrongly.

DrakeZ07

... Another one suckered by the good-pol-bad-pol two party paradigm.

It's sad that I can't say to you what I would to your face, without getting a moderator's warning shoved up my arse. I really hate people like you, ignore everything that a person has ever said, and judge them SOLELY on one or two comments. Whats wrong nightmare, did you get tired of peeving off people in your own forum? or are there no social lounge posts currently active for you to make your presence felt in?

Well, I can't find the thread now, so I'm going strictly off memory, but I don't recall your post about trying to run on the Republican ticket. Strange that you would try, since you detest them so much.

Makes no difference to me; I'm not affiliated with any party. Just find it humorous you said in one post you're leaving the party because they didn't give you what you want, then you staunchly defend them in another post. *shrug* guess you went back for your ball.

Because my post was deleted, because I broke forum rules and attacked a political party, so it was deleted, and I was warned; thats why you cannot find it now.

You should have paid more attention to the post then when it was viewable, I had a few lengthy, and angry paragraphs for the Republican leadership, just as I did for the Libertarians and the Democrats.

I find it humorous that you say you're not affiliated with any party, but you always seem to come to the defense of the GOP when someone throws a bitch-fit about them, and you always seem to be around just in the nick of time to give your word on how your god loves everyone, and you follow that word exclusively, but you really can't handle any posts about gays or gay marriage or gay rights. But it makes no difference to me, I guess you like to keep that judgement ball firmly in your GOP-puppet glove.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

It's sad that I can't say to you what I would to your face, without getting a moderator's warning shoved up my arse. I really hate people like you, ignore everything that a person has ever said, and judge them SOLELY on one or two comments. Whats wrong nightmare, did you get tired of peeving off people in your own forum? or are there no social lounge posts currently active for you to make your presence felt in?

Because my post was deleted, because I broke forum rules and attacked a political party, so it was deleted, and I was warned; thats why you cannot find it now.

You should have paid more attention to the post then when it was viewable, I had a few lengthy, and angry paragraphs for the Republican leadership, just as I did for the Libertarians and the Democrats.

I find it humorous that you say you're not affiliated with any party, but you always seem to come to the defense of the GOP when someone throws a bitch-fit about them, and you always seem to be around just in the nick of time to give your godly opinion about the evil homosexual agenda on any post about gays or gay marriage or gay rights. But it makes no difference to me, I guess you like to keep that judgement ball firmly in your GOP-puppet glove.

BWHAHAHAHA!

...Oh sugar, you *clearly* have me confused with someone else.

But please, go through my post history and share these quotes of mine. Please, I entreat you. Seriously. You made the claim I'm a GOP defending, homosexual/gay marriage hating, godly opinion oriented republican. So, back it up, sugar.

*snicker*

self preservation

This may be the worst case of thread highjacking that I have ever seen. Some of the ladies and gentlemen of OCDO seem to have lost their composure. Sorry, "self preservation", but this thread needs to be locked.

Yeah, I'm finding it kinda hard to argue with you on that suggestion. On a side note, I did get my anti-freeze in my truck to be good to -40 degrees. Figured since we were talking about everything except the thread title I might as well throw that in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.