• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

False compartment bill in Virginia!

hafnhaf

oh crap! i added an anchor locker to my 15' boat so i had a place to stow the anchor instead of on the deck between the seats. and the batteries are hidden under the seats! OMG! now i cant even sell the damn thing!!!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OMG, what a freaking Pull Quote! Two Thumbs up! :)

Grape, as Mod what do you think?
Think? Mods are allowed to think? When was someone going to tell me :eek:

Let's check the book under politicians we have: McAuliffe, Saslaw, Warner, Webb, Morissey, Hope, and a few more. Checking their records..........computing. Opposed to OC and RKBA for self-defense.........elitists.......hmmmm.

Ok, I'm ready now. What was the question?

Thundar

Stupid Law.

In my Winnebago the space under the queen size bed is about 2/3 taken up with the potable water tank. The other 1/3 is open. The compartment is not obvious and is accessed by lifting one end of the bed, which lifts via two pneumatic struts. Does that mean I cannot sell my RV in Virginia?

Kopis

Illegal drugs are still illegal, but such containers/compartments would make it "illegaler." :banghead:

word of the day "illegaler". You can easily compare it to the "gun free zone" signs. It's already illegal to rob a business with a firearm yet they think a door sticker will make it more illegaler in the same way it's already a very serious felony to transport illegal drugs but making a compartment illegal will undoubtedly stop the criminals from transporting illegal drugs illegally......

i do wonder about dodge grand caravans, town and country's, pick up trucks with storage under the rear seats, motorcycles with hidden storage under the seats etc. They are all viable places to keep tools, GPS, papers, or valuables.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Let's check the book under politicians we have: McAuliffe, Saslaw, Warner, Webb, Morissey, Hope, and a few more. Checking their records..........computing. Opposed to OC and RKBA for self-defense.........elitists.......hmmmm.

Can we bash empty headed politicians, gratuitously?

Repeater

Illegal drugs are still illegal, but such containers/compartments would make it "illegaler." :banghead:

Wonder how many drug dealers have been stopped with clean (no drug residue) hidden compartments?

It's a charge to make felons of otherwise well intentioned people.

Like Kopis said, word of the day. Ranks with "Double Secret Probation"

Say, what would Senator Blutarsky think?

scouser

Rule (9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender-identity, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior

By my inter-per-tay-shun of rule 9, bashing of those particular people with empty spaces in their skulls would be acceptable

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Can - I'd say that you are able to bash, gratuitously or not, but that no bashing ( harsh, prejudicial attack) will be acceptable. It is better to state the facts and let the reader make his own determination. In short, no, you may not bash.

A brief, occasional reference to a probable void between the ears is not automatically a called negative decision.

See no benefit in taking the low road.

You want of better answer? Ask John. :)

Jeff Hayes

Is it? Or is it a stand alone felony?

I am quite positive that it will stand alone as most laws will and do the reality is it is going to be mostly used as an add on charge. Since the compartment is hidden it will likely only be found if something else is going down.

sudden valley gunner

Repeater

In my Winnebago the space under the queen size bed is about 2/3 taken up with the potable water tank. The other 1/3 is open. The compartment is not obvious and is accessed by lifting one end of the bed, which lifts via two pneumatic struts. Does that mean I cannot sell my RV in Virginia?

See, you ask a good question, because:
D. It is unlawful for any person to knowingly sell, trade, or otherwise dispose of any vehicle or vessel containing a false or secret compartment.

Whether someone is convicted or not is irrelevant; the question is, are you likely to be arrested?

Red Dawg

What makes it secret

Is it secret just because the ossifer doesn't readily know about it? SUVs, Vans and trucks are touting from the factory all the extra little storage things. I guess if it was built in the factory, would make it not secret. If you cut and paste and it's not OEM, it would be considered secret? Asking, guessing, and just pissy about it..
As an aside, when we elect new people to ffice, it seems all they want to do is create more laws. Isn't there anything better to occupy their time? How about get rid of some...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is it secret just because the ossifer doesn't readily know about it? SUVs, Vans and trucks are touting from the factory all the extra little storage things. I guess if it was built in the factory, would make it not secret. If you cut and paste and it's not OEM, it would be considered secret? Asking, guessing, and just pissy about it..
As an aside, when we elect new people to ffice, it seems all they want to do is create more laws. Isn't there anything better to occupy their time? How about get rid of some...
You want to get rid of some laws..........or some people in office? :p

Fallschirjmäger

Another solution for a non-existent problem. :banghead:
Agreed this is more of the "if we can't catch someone for doing a bad thing, we'll them for having the potential ability to do a bad thing.

Firearms violence? Can't ban actual assault rifles because those aren't really used in crimes?
Ban firearms with bayonet mounts and pistol grips

Drunks driving down the road?
Ban containers that aren't sealed shut. Stop everyone going down a random road at a random time and

Worried about your sewage plant being attacked by terrorists?
Hassle people with visible cameras. Just ignore Google Earth, and people with artistic ability to draw sketches.

Last edited: