• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fatso wanted to be president? heat that? its his chances going down the toliet..

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
You do have that "right" to travel by car. You just need to be licensed and take a training class to do so and meet age requirements. Very similar to how certain states treat carrying firearms. If 2a can be regulated with licenses then so can travel.

I hereby offer you the right to apply to me for a permit to take your "rebuttal" and git.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
You do have that "right" to travel by car. You just need to be licensed and take a training class to do so and meet age requirements. Very similar to how certain states treat carrying firearms. If 2a can be regulated with licenses then so can travel.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

A training class? As far as 2nd amendment goes, Heller II struck down the requirement for a person to take a training class as a prerequisite for obtaining a gun.

As far as driving goes...if you are driving (ie commercial movement) then you need a license. As far as traveling goes (ie non-commercial) I see the requirement to be licensed as violating our right to travel that affects our right to assemble. More people will turn to this view once DLs have RFID tags put into them.

So, neither can require a "training lesson" and those that attempt to impose such requirements do not pay for the lessons...another issue I'll just state here w/o further discussion.

Primus

A training class? As far as 2nd amendment goes, Heller II struck down the requirement for a person to take a training class as a prerequisite for obtaining a gun.

As far as driving goes...if you are driving (ie commercial movement) then you need a license. As far as traveling goes (ie non-commercial) I see the requirement to be licensed as violating our right to travel that affects our right to assemble. More people will turn to this view once DLs have RFID tags put into them.

So, neither can require a "training lesson" and those that attempt to impose such requirements do not pay for the lessons...another issue I'll just state here w/o further discussion.

You still need to attend a training class to purchase a handgun and carry a handgun in MA.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You still need to attend a training class to purchase a handgun and carry a handgun in MA.

Ripe for a case then ... requiring a "safety course" cannot be required....why should it?

And one can build a gun easy enough ...

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

If I have to apply for it then its a privilege not a right lol

Hi All

Point being, why would a citizen in his /her proper frame of mind ever consider sacrificing a natural right for a mere privilege of entering into a contract with the State? A contract that could possibly in certain situations enforce that a citizen surrender their Constitutional Rights..
A contract that cost money each year..

" It is clear that a license relates to qualifications to engage in profession, business, trade or calling; thus when merely traveling without compensation or profit, outside of business enterprise or apucnture with the corporation with the corporate state. " NO LICENSE IS REQUIRED OF THE NATURAL INDIVIDUAL TRAVELING FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS, PLEASURE AND TRANSPORTATION"
( Wingfield v Fielder ( 1972) 29, CA. 3d 213...

Many folks are ignorant of their rights therefore the state collects free money.. Members of the bar will not challenge statutes or ordinances that assist them in paying their rent... And LEOS are simply body guards that do what they are told, they enforce codes, statutes, ordinances etc. because someone told them to do so... The kangaroo traffic courts with their sitting judge and prosecutor do not administer justice, they accept pleads to lesser charges and collect finds and fees... No Justice... No justice because folks have no clue about their rights. Also the state likes citizens to feel that having a driver license is a privilege... Is walking your dog down the street a privilege? I dare say NOT...
The following will be my very last post of case law regarding this subject.

" Those things which are considered as " Inalienable Rights" which all citizens possess cannot be Licensed since those acts are not held to a privilege"

-- City of Chicago v Collins, 51 N.E. 907,910...

I rest my case...

Thank you and best regards.

CCJ

sudden valley gunner

Hi All

Point being, why would a citizen in his /her proper frame of mind ever consider sacrificing a natural right for a mere privilege of entering into a contract with the State? A contract that could possibly in certain situations enforce that a citizen surrender their Constitutional Rights..
A contract that cost money each year..

" It is clear that a license relates to qualifications to engage in profession, business, trade or calling; thus when merely traveling without compensation or profit, outside of business enterprise or apucnture with the corporation with the corporate state. " NO LICENSE IS REQUIRED OF THE NATURAL INDIVIDUAL TRAVELING FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS, PLEASURE AND TRANSPORTATION"
( Wingfield v Fielder ( 1972) 29, CA. 3d 213...

Many folks are ignorant of their rights therefore the state collects free money.. Members of the bar will not challenge statutes or ordinances that assist them in paying their rent... And LEOS are simply body guards that do what they are told, they enforce codes, statutes, ordinances etc. because someone told them to do so... The kangaroo traffic courts with their sitting judge and prosecutor do not administer justice, they accept pleads to lesser charges and collect finds and fees... No Justice... No justice because folks have no clue about their rights. Also the state likes citizens to feel that having a driver license is a privilege... Is walking your dog down the street a privilege? I dare say NOT...
The following will be my very last post of case law regarding this subject.

" Those things which are considered as " Inalienable Rights" which all citizens possess cannot be Licensed since those acts are not held to a privilege"

-- City of Chicago v Collins, 51 N.E. 907,910...

I rest my case...

Thank you and best regards.

CCJ

Nice post....but then sadly they license dogs now in many areas.....

Also why would it be a privilege to freely engage in business?

Primus

And the day I saw a guy try to jam a magazine in his Ar in backwards at my local range was the day I realized training is needed. I actually stopped what in was doing and gave him a quick lesson. He had just purchased the rifle a day before and had never handled one before. Ever.

eye95

And the day I saw a guy try to jam a magazine in his Ar in backwards at my local range was the day I realized training is needed. I actually stopped what in was doing and gave him a quick lesson. He had just purchased the rifle a day before and had never handled one before. Ever.

I have read nothing in this thread other than this post. (I generally avoid threads started by the OP. They tend to be moronic.) But, when I saw the snippet of this post in the "Unread" section of Tap-a-Talk, I had to respond.)

YES!!!!! Everyone should train with all dangerous tools that they will be using. That does not mean that the government should mandate that training--especially if the contract we have with that government requires that they do not infringe on our possession or carriage of that tool!!!

Requiring training is an infringement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

Yes sir I do. I'd even go so far as saying the classes should be longer and include a qualification to shoot. But that's just personal opinion.

BARF! And why you shouldn't be a cop.....
You don't even understand the constitutional limits imposed upon you as a governement agent.
Did you even take the oath?

You mean like this cops?

sudden valley gunner

I have read nothing in this thread other than this post. (I generally avoid threads started by the OP. They tend to be moronic.) But, when I saw the snippet of this post in the "Unread" section of Tap-a-Talk, I had to respond.)

YES!!!!! Everyone should train with all dangerous tools that they will be using. That does not mean that the government should mandate that training--especially if the contract we have with that government requires that they do not infringe on our possession or carriage of that tool!!!

<o>

+1

Primus

BARF! And why you shouldn't be a cop.....
You don't even understand the constitutional limits imposed upon you as a governement agent.
Did you even take the oath?

You mean like this cops?

I guess you missed the part about personal opinion? Figured you would.

Primus

<o>

Unfortunately someone needs to tell people to train with said dangerous weapon. I wish everyone was just responsible enough to do it on their own.

eye95

Unfortunately someone needs to tell people to train with said dangerous weapon. I wish everyone was just responsible enough to do it on their own.

I don't care if you (as an individual, not as a cop) or I or any other individual, who cannot force another to train, tells someone that he should train. He should. My point is that government has NO business telling folks that they must train.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I guess you missed the part about personal opinion? Figured you would.

Nope totally got it...what was the acronym someone coined for you? OREO?

Folks with your opinions vote for laws like that and enforce those laws....you shouldn't be a cop.