• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dream job here in Ohio?

davidmcbeth

Banned
With every step I take, baby!

That's just the thing. I have survived as an alpha geek who can also speak fluent "layman".

I have customers that keep calling me JUST because I don't smell bad, because I can groom myself, and because I don't get mad and yell at their equipment.

Seriously. I had a customer (smaller, older lady) that had previously asked a tech (bigger guy) to leave her office because he was frightening her by yelling at and slapping the computer he was working on.

When I had employees, that was the hardest thing to find...customer service skills. I could teach the tech stuff. I couldn't teach good customer service.

I'm a one-man operation at this point, and I am seriously getting burnt-out on IT. Or maybe it's just self-employment that's bugging me. I don't have a sales force to do my cold-calling for me. I wouldn't mind getting an actual, regular paycheck again.

It may be a sales position, but dang it, "I'm here to sell you guns!" is a sales pitch I would love to deliver without risk of arrest!

:D

Is slapping a computer a standard procedure in its repair? I knew I was doing it right.

Send them a resume ... couldn't hurt...