• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dream job here in Ohio?

Brian D.

Sounds like a lot of travel involved. Almost everybody I've ever known with similar sales jobs, regardless of how much they like the products and company involved, tell me that sooner or later the travel part gets really old.

Fuller Malarkey

Ya go where this goes:

Part of the inside of the trailer rig

At smaller shows you'll pull this kind of duty:

Basically you're an item specific circus / carnival barker. "Step right up folks, see Juicy Lucy and her trained Gila Monster. She walks, she talks, she crawls on her belly like a snake....right here through this door, you can touch it, you can lick it, you can hold it to your shoulder....."

Kansas City today, Fort Worth by Friday, then four days to hit Columbus, refresh the display and then on to a two day-er at a Cabelas in Minnesota.....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wonder what the turn over rate is for that position?

Can't imagine that they have very good retention - terminal burnout should not take but so long :(

SteveInCO

Maybe if I took this job they'd fix my f***ing nano, which is now choking even on quality ammo (they concede that it won't work reliably when fed low-power rounds like Wallyworld Federal Champion and 115 gr. Winchester White Box, but it's FTE-ing on the NATO spec stuff too).

Firearms Iinstuctor

Maybe if I took this job they'd fix my f***ing nano, which is now choking even on quality ammo (they concede that it won't work reliably when fed low-power rounds like Wallyworld Federal Champion and 115 gr. Winchester White Box, but it's FTE-ing on the NATO spec stuff too).

I wouldn't put this statement on your resume get the job first.

Then take your defective pistol to the factory armorer and say fix this and I bet you well have a very nicely working pistol after wards.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

The worst that could happen is that he'd get the job :lol:

:cool:

I'll have to re-do my resume as it's geared toward the IT field and a bit out of date.

A Beretta 92 was the first handgun that felt "right" when I held it.

Think that story will garner me any points in the interview? :p

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

I'll have to re-do my resume as it's geared toward the IT field and a bit out of date.

Think that story will garner me any points in the interview? :p

Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Well, we know you can throw your weight around. And as an IT guy we know you plink ones and zeros, but having excellent customer service skills?????:lol:

SteveInCO

Shot one of them for years and years. Still have it actually. Never ever jammed except for one round that wasn't crimped right coming apart in the gun as it chambered. Can't blame that on the gun. (The reasons I went away from carrying it are I decided I wanted a cocked-and-locked mode of operation [which CZ gives me] and I realized that technically that grip is too large for my hands. But I wouldn't hesitate to use it, if it were in front of me when SHTF.)

Beretta's reputation as far as I am concerned is solid; that's why I grabbed the nano when I saw it for sale. Now I wish I had done some research.

On the plus side (sort of) I cleaned it last night, put 72 rounds of Winchester 124 grain nato AND 75 rounds of Fiocchi (somewhat hotter). One malf with the NATO, none with the Fiocchi. Given the NATO stuff is supposed to be borderline hot enough, this isn't inconsistent with the gun just wanting hot ammo.

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

color of law said:
Well, we know you can throw your weight around.
With every step I take, baby!

color of law said:
And as an IT guy we know you plink ones and zeros, but having excellent customer service skills?????:lol:

That's just the thing. I have survived as an alpha geek who can also speak fluent "layman".

I have customers that keep calling me JUST because I don't smell bad, because I can groom myself, and because I don't get mad and yell at their equipment.

Seriously. I had a customer (smaller, older lady) that had previously asked a tech (bigger guy) to leave her office because he was frightening her by yelling at and slapping the computer he was working on.

When I had employees, that was the hardest thing to find...customer service skills. I could teach the tech stuff. I couldn't teach good customer service.

I'm a one-man operation at this point, and I am seriously getting burnt-out on IT. Or maybe it's just self-employment that's bugging me. I don't have a sales force to do my cold-calling for me. I wouldn't mind getting an actual, regular paycheck again.

It may be a sales position, but dang it, "I'm here to sell you guns!" is a sales pitch I would love to deliver without risk of arrest!

:D