• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ vet fires in defense of his wife, charged with a felony

OC for ME

She is hot.....don't tell my Dear Wife. Good for the Chief.

Anyway, let the process work. The state seems to have the burden to prove his justification was not reasonable. It will be interesting case regardless of the outcome.

countryclubjoe

This is Glendale police chief, Debora Black. She can be reached at (623) 930-3000.

she looks like she's 16 yr old ....

Someone said "far away" ... shooting a handgun beyond 50 yds .. is this too far?

Davidmcbeth..

David my friend, if you think she looks 16 yrs old, then you better get your vision checked.... In my humble opinion she looks like an older version of Merle Streep...

My .02

Best regards.

CCJ

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

While off-topic, people in glass houses shouldn't.

Please stay on topic or I shall have report you. Wait I'll report myself too and ..and... ;)

On topic hopefully more /better video or witnesses come forward so we get a good idea of the actual events.

Last edited:

wimwag

My best bet...
Officer Friendly looked in the AZ code book for discharging firearms, unlawful.
Using his comprehensive skills, he noticed that although there is a section for "...In self-defense or defense of another person against an animal attack.." but no corresponding sub-section regarding defense against humans.

(link provided by author)
Such a tiny thing, you can hardly blame the officer for missing it, really.

Lol I'm going to borrow this for use on another forum. Love this post

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
From the news report, he hit 2 cars and a tree as he was FIRING TOWARDS THE STORE and his wife from a considerable distance, for a pistol. No word on where the fourth round landed. Guy was stupid and dangerous. He put people in more danger than the perps did with their fake gun.

After watching the videos provided on the news multiple times and looking at the scene on a map, I don't think he necessarily put lives in danger. He thought the gun was real and acted with the intention to save a life. The cars were unoccupied, and the tree is probably still alive too! The shooter was at an acute angle to the store and my guess is that the situation looked something like this, where the green dot is the brandishing lady before she fled with her trajectory of flight being the green trail, the light blue dot is her accomplice before she fled with the light blue trail being the motorcycle on the video, and the dark blue dot is the loss prevention guy. The dark blue circled regions are trees and areas where cars could have been hit. It appears to me that he was about 20 yards away from the brandishing lady. The positions of the people is a guess on my part, but it would seem to explain the situation from how it was described.

He missed, but he may have just barely missed (as the news doesn't really provide enough detail to know), and there may not have been any bystanders within his cone of inaccuracy. If hitting inanimate objects is reason to be convicted of a felony, it makes it hard to ever be justified. Statistically, even police will miss more shots than hit. In the same way it is possible at the range to miss a target on your lane without any significant chance of hitting a target on an adjacent lane (for instance, shooting an inch over the shoulder of the silhouette target), one can miss a person without it necessarily being dangerous for a bystander.

sears.jpg

Just how it seems to me based on the very limited evidence we have seen presented thus far. The woman also should have known that pulling a fake gun on someone is likely to result in actual bullets being fired. Perhaps she should be billed for the damages caused by the missed projectiles.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Davidmcbeth..

David my friend, if you think she looks 16 yrs old, then you better get your vision checked.... In my humble opinion she looks like an older version of Merle Streep...

My .02

Best regards.

CCJ

Let's be civilized, CountryClubJoe! No need for such an insulting remark about the lady.:lol:

OT: Felid' Maximus, thanks for the diagram, it does kinda help one visualize the possible layout at the time.