Thread: MEMO: Never clean your gun at a VCU parking lot, okay?

MEMO: Never clean your gun at a VCU parking lot, okay?

This applies to the 'Only Ones' too:

Corrections officer wounded in accidental firearm discharge
    A Virginia Department of Corrections officer was wounded this morning when his firearm accidentally discharged in a parking lot near VCU Medical Center in downtown Richmond.

Police and Virginia Commonwealth University officials said the shooting was reported just after 8:15 a.m. at a school-owned parking lot in the 800 block of North Seventh Street.

The corrections officer was taken to the medical center, where an update on his condition was not immediately available.

Police detectives were investigating initial reports that the corrections officer may have been trying to clean his firearm when it discharged.
    And please make sure your handgun is EMPTY. Such negligence.
    Last edited by Repeater; 01-09-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Has the article been pulled? I get a page with the title but no 'there' there.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Has the article been pulled? I get a page with the title but no 'there' there.
    Loaded for me...

Interesting personification of the firearm as if it acted alone.

It's a good thing a trained professional was there to stop the gun from hurting anyone else.

The rest of the story:

The CO whose handgun did not accidentally shoot had said he did not want to swing by Krispy Kreme on the way back to the correctional center.

Seriously, I have seen trick gun twirling and all sorts of other stuff attempted in that parking lot. It's way around the back and across an alley from the sallyport. Pretty much a 3-sided brick/concrete box that ought to give really stupendous richochets.

I do not know if they have switched transportation officers from S&W Model 10s to whatever flavor of semi-auto they finally settled on.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Time for a change to politics???

http://news.yahoo.com/ky-lawmaker-fi...210712712.html

Ky. lawmaker fires gun in office, calls it mistake

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homestar View Post
    Loaded for me...

Interesting personification of the firearm as if it acted alone.
    A blogger noticed something similar in many reports of only-ones negligent discharges. "...when his gun went off." "...when his weapon discharged."
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

The gun was probably cold and "accidentally went off" to warm itself up!