• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MEMO: Never clean your gun at a VCU parking lot, okay?

Repeater

This applies to the 'Only Ones' too:

Corrections officer wounded in accidental firearm discharge
A Virginia Department of Corrections officer was wounded this morning when his firearm accidentally discharged in a parking lot near VCU Medical Center in downtown Richmond.

Police and Virginia Commonwealth University officials said the shooting was reported just after 8:15 a.m. at a school-owned parking lot in the 800 block of North Seventh Street.

The corrections officer was taken to the medical center, where an update on his condition was not immediately available.

Police detectives were investigating initial reports that the corrections officer may have been trying to clean his firearm when it discharged.

And please make sure your handgun is EMPTY. Such negligence. ;)

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The rest of the story:

The CO whose handgun did not accidentally shoot had said he did not want to swing by Krispy Kreme on the way back to the correctional center.

Seriously, I have seen trick gun twirling and all sorts of other stuff attempted in that parking lot. It's way around the back and across an alley from the sallyport. Pretty much a 3-sided brick/concrete box that ought to give really stupendous richochets.

I do not know if they have switched transportation officers from S&W Model 10s to whatever flavor of semi-auto they finally settled on.

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Loaded for me...

Interesting personification of the firearm as if it acted alone.

A blogger noticed something similar in many reports of only-ones negligent discharges. "...when his gun went off." "...when his weapon discharged."