• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marginally OT: Code of Virginia Reference Question

TFred

I don't know where else to ask this, and it may be helpful for others at some point.

Where can one go (locally would be best, obviously) to find older versions of the Code of Virginia, specifically the Chapters that are introduced each year after the General Assembly session is over, and the Governor has signed all the bills into laws?

The LIS website has links for these going back to around the mid-1990s, but prior to that, not so much. Where can I go to look up, for example, "1976, c. 302;" which is shown at the bottom of the current Code Section 18.2-308?

Thanks for any help!

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
IIRC there is a law library at every Circuit Court. They have all the books. You are probably looking for Acts of Assembly. If you go back much further than 1900 you might need to go to the Library of Virginia in Richmond. They have Acts going back to 1607.

stay safe.

TFred

IIRC there is a law library at every Circuit Court. They have all the books. You are probably looking for Acts of Assembly. If you go back much further than 1900 you might need to go to the Library of Virginia in Richmond. They have Acts going back to 1607.

stay safe.
Good suggestion, I will give that a try! Thanks. I only need back to the late 70s - for this particular application anyway. :)

TFred