Thread: Open Carrier in Walmart Sanford, NC

Open Carrier in Walmart Sanford, NC

I have seen several guys open carrying in Sanford Walmart. One being last Sunday(1/5/14 just before 1900 hrs). I was in there again today(sadly) and I seen a guy open carrying a 1911(I think). I was feeling like horse $ha! so I didn't make any convo.

Was either one of these any of y'all?

Jason

Not me...

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by P.J. O'Rourke; The Liberty Manifesto
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by G22shooter View Post
    Not me...

I may have seen you before.
    I use to work in Concord and I seen a guy in Chick-fil a carrying a Glock. This was back in the summer of 2012.

Yes, I carry there all the time.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod8812 View Post
    I have seen several guys open carrying in Sanford Walmart. One being last Sunday(1/5/14 just before 1900 hrs). I was in there again today(sadly) and I seen a guy open carrying a 1911(I think). I was feeling like horse $ha! so I didn't make any convo.

Jason
    No, it was somebody else that saw me somewhere else.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    No, it was somebody else that saw me somewhere else.
    Roger that. lol

I was there Sunday but not carrying a 1911. I am usually there OCing about a couple times a week. If it was me you would have seen the white straw Resistol I had on.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    I was there Sunday but not carrying a 1911. I am usually there OCing about a couple times a week. If it was me you would have seen the white straw Resistol I had on.
    +1 for wearing a Resistol!

Might have been me.

Jason
    If said open carrier had his wife and three kids in tow it could have been me. We frequent the Sanford Wally world, and my new years resolution is to carry every day. Just got some new custom kydex holsters from Forest City Tactical which make carrying on my MTR gun belt much more pleasant. Kind of disappointed. I've been open carrying a lot the past two months and never has anyone waved much less approached me. Then again we could be in a commie state where I'd get the cops called on me every time, so I guess I should be thankful.

could have been me also

could have been me also. Would have been wife and 2 kids with me. That's the only wally world i go to. have had a couple pleasent encounters there. nothing negative to speak of.

Could Have Been Me As Well

Jason
    I was in Wally World that day as well. I have my CCW but I was wearing my shoulder rig that day. I was with my wife and son picking up a few things. I see people on a regular that open carry as well as carry concealed. I'll have people ask if I'm a LEO, which my reply is simply, "no, but I am a vet that appreciates the right to bear arms. Believe me, there's enough bad guys out there that you have to worry about...I'm not one of them."

Quote Originally Posted by TGJester View Post
    I was in Wally World that day as well. I have my CCW but I was wearing my shoulder rig that day. I was with my wife and son picking up a few things. I see people on a regular that open carry as well as carry concealed. I'll have people ask if I'm a LEO, which my reply is simply, "no, but I am a vet that appreciates the right to bear arms. Believe me, there's enough bad guys out there that you have to worry about...I'm not one of them."
    Welcome to OCDO!

You probably have seen me on occasion, I would be the guy with a beard, long hair, and white Resistol, and almost always carrying two revolvers. Funny I never get mistaken for a LEO, though I have had some children say "Look Mom, a cowboy". The other comment is "Are those real" to which I reply "Yes they are, I do not believe in cosmetic surgery."
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Welcome to OCDO!

You probably have seen me on occasion, I would be the guy with a beard, long hair, and white Resistol, and almost always carrying two revolvers. Funny I never get mistaken for a LEO, though I have had some children say "Look Mom, a cowboy". The other comment is "Are those real" to which I reply "Yes they are, I do not believe in cosmetic surgery."
    I have no doubt that I have at some point in time...I use to be in the parts business, so between Advance and AZ, I've seen most people in this area at least once. I'll definitely be on the look out and I'll be sure to speak if I see you around. Thanks for the welcome and glad to be a part of the community.

Wink Me as well

I am usually with my wife, kids, or grand kids. I most always wear my black Rakkasan ball cap. I do see open carriers but its always at a distance. Hope to see more around Sanford. Thank you all for what you do.