• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrier in Walmart Sanford, NC

hotrod08

I have seen several guys open carrying in Sanford Walmart. One being last Sunday(1/5/14 just before 1900 hrs). I was in there again today(sadly) and I seen a guy open carrying a 1911(I think). I was feeling like horse $ha! so I didn't make any convo.

Was either one of these any of y'all?

Jason

bc.cruiser

I have seen several guys open carrying in Sanford Walmart. One being last Sunday(1/5/14 just before 1900 hrs). I was in there again today(sadly) and I seen a guy open carrying a 1911(I think). I was feeling like horse $ha! so I didn't make any convo.

Jason

No, it was somebody else that saw me somewhere else.:lol:

WalkingWolf

I was there Sunday but not carrying a 1911. I am usually there OCing about a couple times a week. If it was me you would have seen the white straw Resistol I had on.

arigo

Might have been me.

Jason

If said open carrier had his wife and three kids in tow it could have been me. We frequent the Sanford Wally world, and my new years resolution is to carry every day. Just got some new custom kydex holsters from Forest City Tactical which make carrying on my MTR gun belt much more pleasant. Kind of disappointed. I've been open carrying a lot the past two months and never has anyone waved much less approached me. Then again we could be in a commie state where I'd get the cops called on me every time, so I guess I should be thankful.

frodo0602

could have been me also

could have been me also. Would have been wife and 2 kids with me. That's the only wally world i go to. have had a couple pleasent encounters there. nothing negative to speak of.

TGJester

Could Have Been Me As Well

Jason

I was in Wally World that day as well. I have my CCW but I was wearing my shoulder rig that day. I was with my wife and son picking up a few things. I see people on a regular that open carry as well as carry concealed. I'll have people ask if I'm a LEO, which my reply is simply, "no, but I am a vet that appreciates the right to bear arms. Believe me, there's enough bad guys out there that you have to worry about...I'm not one of them."

WalkingWolf

I was in Wally World that day as well. I have my CCW but I was wearing my shoulder rig that day. I was with my wife and son picking up a few things. I see people on a regular that open carry as well as carry concealed. I'll have people ask if I'm a LEO, which my reply is simply, "no, but I am a vet that appreciates the right to bear arms. Believe me, there's enough bad guys out there that you have to worry about...I'm not one of them."

Welcome to OCDO!:D

You probably have seen me on occasion, I would be the guy with a beard, long hair, and white Resistol, and almost always carrying two revolvers. Funny I never get mistaken for a LEO, though I have had some children say "Look Mom, a cowboy". The other comment is "Are those real" to which I reply "Yes they are, I do not believe in cosmetic surgery."

TGJester

Welcome to OCDO!:D

You probably have seen me on occasion, I would be the guy with a beard, long hair, and white Resistol, and almost always carrying two revolvers. Funny I never get mistaken for a LEO, though I have had some children say "Look Mom, a cowboy". The other comment is "Are those real" to which I reply "Yes they are, I do not believe in cosmetic surgery."

I have no doubt that I have at some point in time...I use to be in the parts business, so between Advance and AZ, I've seen most people in this area at least once. I'll definitely be on the look out and I'll be sure to speak if I see you around. Thanks for the welcome and glad to be a part of the community. :lol:

Paw

Me as well

I am usually with my wife, kids, or grand kids. I most always wear my black Rakkasan ball cap. I do see open carriers but its always at a distance. Hope to see more around Sanford. Thank you all for what you do.;)