Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Democrat wants you to tell the school if you have guns

Democrat wants you to tell the school if you have guns

Here's an article

Here's the bill

This act:
    creates the offense of failing to stop illegal weapon possession. A person commits the offense if he or she is the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18, he or she knows the child possesses a weapon in violation of the law, and he or she fails to stop the possession or report it to law enforcement.

creates the offense of negligent storage of a weapon. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 commits the offense by recklessly storing or leaving a weapon in a manner that is likely to result in the child accessing the weapon if the child obtains access to the weapon and unlawfully carries it to school, kills or injures another person with it, or commits a crime with it.

requires a parent or guardian to notify a school district, or the governing body of a private or charter school, that he or she owns a weapon within 30 days of enrolling the child in school or becoming the owner of a weapon.

This was submitted by one of our resident nutball Senators that represents N St. Louis. It's never making it out of committee according to leadership. But thanks for thinking of us!

This Dem Liberal did it last year and filed something similar for the last several years. It generally doesn't get any attention in committees. It's a ploy she brags about during re-election in her district.

However, it is sad a politician is this uneducated and greedy for control.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    This Dem Liberal did it last year and filed something similar for the last several years. It generally doesn't get any attention in committees. It's a ploy she brags about during re-election in her district.

You should have seen her office during the Rally last April... only office with the doors closed and locked and staff outside turning away anyone bringing the cards regarding the vote to them... quite amusing.

If any constituency needed a firearm in the home it is the good citizens of N. STL. She clearly is working against the best interests of her constituency.

The question she needs to be asked is why she desires to disarm the citizens in her ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbaron007 View Post
    I wouldn't describe as "sad" the fact that, most days, the sky is blue.

"Likely result" and "should have known" are horribly poor ways to craft laws.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    If any constituency needed a firearm in the home it is the good citizens of N. STL. She clearly is working against the best interests of her constituency.

The question she needs to be asked is why she desires to disarm the citizens in her ward.
    Negative OC! She IS working in the best interest of her constituency; the robbing, raping, murdering sub humans inhabiting that area; she is trying to keep them from getting shot by their victims!

I use to live on the Mississippi a little south of "The LOO"

Don't Be Shocked When Your Doctor Asks About Guns

November 19, 2013
    This is a TRANSCRIPT from the show which I actually heard myself.

"My wife last week had a family doctor appointment with an OBGYN, and one or two of the mandatory questions she was asked is, "Do you own a gun in your house, and do you keep it loaded in your house?" They would not register her as a patient until she answered that question."

link to article,>; http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...sks_about_guns

Get a new doctor.

Get a new doctor.
    with obamacare easier said than done

Ouch.....+1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    This was submitted by one of our resident nutball Senators that represents N St. Louis. It's never making it out of committee according to leadership. But thanks for thinking of us!
    I'm sure that N. St. Louis has a well educated base to pull outstanding senators from .. this is likely the best that they can offer.

" One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistence is, by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms" Justice Joseph Story....

How true, how true...

Best regards.

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Ouch.....+1
    The main point is this, Healthcare in general is being forced into becoming an extension on the PC Police.

I remember back when we were homeschooling our children, Pediatricians, family, friends & church members looked at us as some type of freaks (anti-Gov't, anti-Taxes, antidisestablishmentarianism, etc.) and were all kinds of suspicious like we had something to hide and were child slave/abusers.

So, a lesson learned is that ***They*** don't trust others because they can't be trusted !

clic on pic,,,
    Attachment 11113

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    November 19, 2013
    This is a TRANSCRIPT from the show which I actually heard myself.

"My wife last week had a family doctor appointment with an OBGYN, and one or two of the mandatory questions she was asked is, "Do you own a gun in your house, and do you keep it loaded in your house?" They would not register her as a patient until she answered that question."...
    Mandated by whom?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Mandated by whom?
    Recognize this guy

Attachment 11118

Watch Your Guns Around Obamacare !

'In January, Obama issued 23 executive actions and orders regarding firearms. Order 16 stressed that Obamacare does not prohibit doctors from asking patients about their firearms, and the fact sheet includes, “Clarify that no federal law prevents health care providers from warning law enforcement authorities about threats of violence.”"

link to article>: http://townhall.com/columnists/rache...7981/page/full
    Last edited by scott58dh; 01-12-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    ...Watch Your Guns Around Obamacare !

'In January, Obama issued 23 executive actions and orders regarding firearms. Order 16 stressed that Obamacare does not prohibit doctors from asking patients about their firearms, and the fact sheet includes, “Clarify that no federal law prevents health care providers from warning law enforcement authorities about threats of violence.”"

link to article>: http://townhall.com/columnists/rache...7981/page/full
    Okay. Where is the mandate in that?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I was ones denied a doctors visit for not supplying a social security number... When I informed the doctors office that I would pay in cash I was quickly ushered into the doctors waiting room...

Regarding the gun ownership question on the application. In my opinion if the health care provider entered into some type of contract with the G regarding Obama care, then part of that contract may require the health care provider to ask that question on the application. If you chose not to answer the query then the health care provider could refuse the treatment.. The bottom line in all this is; our right to privacy is slowly being taken away and how we conduct our own personal and family affairs is quickly become privy to the G.

Thank you and best regards,

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    ...In my opinion if the health care provider entered into some type of contract with the G regarding Obama care, then part of that contract may require the health care provider to ask that question on the application. If you chose not to answer the query then the health care provider could refuse the treatment.. The bottom line in all this is; our right to privacy is slowly being taken away and how we conduct our own personal and family affairs is quickly become privy to the G...
    I agree. Which is why I am asking exactly where this "mandate" is. Rush Limbaugh is just as much propaganda as anything put out by liberals, so you have to have your filters on to find out exactly what is really going on.

I agree. Which is why I am asking exactly where this "mandate" is. Rush Limbaugh is just as much propaganda as anything put out by liberals, so you have to have your filters on to find out exactly what is really going on.
    The Goverment "mandates" that we ask our patients if they have firearms at home, I disagree with the question but we are forced to ask. I tell them before asking the questions they don't have to answer the question but I have to ask. Most of my fellow veterans will lie and tell the staff "NO" they don't.

This goes for smoking also. I know employees that answer that they don't smoke on their insurance paperwork even if they do smoke; they know they would have to pay more if they said "Yes I smoke".

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    The Goverment "mandates" that we ask our patients if they have firearms at home...
    I've never seen a cite for this. Do you have one handy? I'd like be informed when I pass this along. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    ... I know employees that answer that they don't smoke on their insurance paperwork even if they do smoke; they know they would have to pay more if they said "Yes I smoke".
    So you are okay with you and me paying more for their health care because they lie about smoking?

.....and drug use, and drinking, and driving into a ditch, and running with scissors in your hand, and eating far too many doughnuts.....why does smoking get the #1 spot on folks' list of gripes about health care insurance premiums. Only 19% of Americans smoke according to the anti-smoking Nazis, and they are licking their lips to get that number down to zero. Thank you nearest smoker with a hug, he is paying a bunch for your health insurance premiums to be lower due to cigarette taxes.

Ban cigarettes and watch what happens. As the number of smokers goes down the amount of money from taxes goes down. Look to increased fuel taxes as a result of lower fuel usage due to the Prius.

So you are okay with you and me paying more for their health care because they lie about smoking?
    No I'm not ok with it, but I can't control other people and what they say however. I will leave that to the goverment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast