• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calibers is Anti Gun

redsilver2

To me when a gun store is more then happy to sell me a gun, sell me a CCW class and charge me a fee to shoot at their range but yet doesn't trust me with a gun (IS ANTI-GUN to me) I stated my Opinion. That is just what that was is my opinion. But I did state in the same post the Facts about their policy so that everyone can make their own choice on the matter.

I for one will not shop anywhere that denies me my right to self-protection period. Any store that has a "No Guns Allowed" sign will get NONE of my money (ESP if it's a GUN STORE) and again I'll walk in and tell them so.
It's my way of telling them that by putting that sign in your door you, 1. Don't make a single person safer and 2. You loose out on my business.
I will not support a place that doesn't support my rights. Even if it is their choice to do so.

I don't include those places where carry is restricted by LAW (ie places that sell or serve Alcohol).

Also comparing CA to anyone else is a joke. If you don't exercise a right or freedom you might as well not even have it. And Again this is a Forum for OC!

And yes I've been to many, gun rallys, Round House events, Gun Law Debates and I've sat for hours in a room fighting new purposed gun bills along side lots of other gun owners. I sure don't see how that has ANYTHING to do with boycotting a store because I don't like their policy.

wabbit

Excuse me.

I am only being critical of peoples' notions that there is no need for discretion, and when there is a right and a wrong time and place for everything.

Interesting how none of you have addressed my points about what is happening in the current legislative session (again), and what happened in CA from people being overly zealous.

Do you really think I was helping anyone support gun laws? Really? You don't know me, I don't know you- so don't go there.

I did support peoples' wanting to express their opinion and feelings. I never said not to do that. But again- it must be done with discretion and reason. Not with hysteria and in an accusatory tone.

I have always been, and always will be, in favor of open carry. But it, like most things in life, is subject to reasonable limitations. If we do not respect those limitations, they will be increased and eventually we will lose the right to open carry at all.

And with that, I am done with this thread and will bow out.

first, supporting quote I did support peoples' wanting to express their opinion and feelings. unquote falls under the first amendment, i think, not the second!

second, interestingly AH you didn't bring up your round house comment until post forty (40) of this thread and it was brought up as a 'by the way' and without any type of cite or background information what-so-ever. there are many states in this nation which do not allow any firearms in their legislative buildings and it has not affected those state's citizens open or conceal carry. so provide some objective information and then perhaps we can respond accordingly.

third, now for another point:

AH post 9 you made a statement which leads me to believe you are not quite a fan of the citizens of the state OC'g: quote There is certainly a difference in safety and in handling. In general, people who are CC'ing and know what they're doing never touch their guns. You never know the gun is there. Not so with OC'ing. unquote.

care to explain how you are supporting OC'g with a mentality like that?

finally, i noticed you failed to answer my query!

but wait, you have bowed out, i forgot!

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

I don't see any rights being denied.

I don't either. In a voluntary exchange, such as soliciting a business service, one can take their wallet elsewhere. There was no force here; there was no denial of rights.

Again we have the right to KEEP and BEAR arms. Where is it stated how we keep and where and when we bear arms?

Nowhere. How one chooses to bear arms should be left under the principle of liberty; however you want, so long as you cause no harm to others. What is your point?

Now if Calibers wants to declare no OC in their store there's no rights being denied. There are LAWS that state a property owner can deny guns on their property.There are LAWS we have to follow to carry in any way or place. You want to choose not to do business with someone than fine. But don't try to dissuade every gun owner because you feel slighted.

Since you quoted me in your response, I assume the "you" is specific to me, and not general. Please cite where I have either argued such or attempted to dissuade anyone. If that is not your intent, clarify.

Guess I wont shop walmart,circleK, or any other place that wont allow OC either? Your limiting yourself to life and getting things to live with. Calibers is far from not being pro 2A its a gun business. And I'm sure you can also list a ton of other gun shops that don't allow weapons loaded and carried in their stores here too. I know of many gun shops that don't allow carry of any kind.We should penalize some business that actually supports our activity? Theres plenty of restaurants that don't allow carry either so we should deny ourselves of a good meal out?

Shop wherever you please. Doesn't tweak my nose in the slightest. However, if you want your position to have any credibility or respect, extend the same courtesy to those who choose to vote with their dollar, rather than focus solely on pleasures rather than principles.

(And I say that without a dog in the fight. I don't buy Levi jeans because they fundraise for anti gun campaigns, but will eat at the No OC Cracker Barrel if I have a real craving for it. I am simply capable of respecting the choices others make, even if I disagree with them. I have no interest trying to persuade everyone to think like I do; collectivism sucks ass and I have cookies to bake.)

redsilver2

Pistol packing momma.... You have been to a Cracker Barrel that doesn't allow OC? I probably eat at CB once every couple weeks lol.

awnuts

I don't either. In a voluntary exchange, such as soliciting a business service, one can take their wallet elsewhere. There was no force here; there was no denial of rights.

Nowhere. How one chooses to bear arms should be left under the principle of liberty; however you want, so long as you cause no harm to others. What is your point?

Since you quoted me in your response, I assume the "you" is specific to me, and not general. Please cite where I have either argued such or attempted to dissuade anyone. If that is not your intent, clarify.

Shop wherever you please. Doesn't tweak my nose in the slightest. However, if you want your position to have any credibility or respect, extend the same courtesy to those who choose to vote with their dollar, rather than focus solely on pleasures rather than principles.

(And I say that without a dog in the fight. I don't buy Levi jeans because they fundraise for anti gun campaigns, but will eat at the No OC Cracker Barrel if I have a real craving for it. I am simply capable of respecting the choices others make, even if I disagree with them. I have no interest trying to persuade everyone to think like I do; collectivism sucks ass and I have cookies to bake.)

The you was not directed at you. It makes sense to me if anyone doesn't do business with who they feel they don't care to. But not to support ANY gun business because a policy of no OC to me is a contradiction. The business is guns and it supports our activity how can we afford to not use it? Kinda like saying we don't need the biggest mouth in Washington called the NRA. When I do business at any store, I look at do they have what I need at the price I care for and finally how I'm treated.If Calibers has the best price on something I need I can agree for the time I'm there to not carry. I'm well covered anyway. There's normally a half dozen trained carrying employees behind the counter. And yes any respectable gun shop does have security measures the public is unaware of. I have worked a shop and range over 15 years and know the drills and placements. A gun shop is more secure than any other place you can shop in.

PistolPackingMomma

Pistol packing momma.... You have been to a Cracker Barrel that doesn't allow OC? I probably eat at CB once every couple weeks lol.

It is Cracker Barrel's nationwide corporate policy to allow CC, but not OC. A great many locations/managers do not enforce it, but it is still policy.

redsilver2

It is Cracker Barrel's nationwide corporate policy to allow CC, but not OC. A great many locations/managers do not enforce it, but it is still policy.

Must have OCed in several stores at least 30 times or more lol Glad they don't enforce it!
If it's not posted and they don't say anything I don't normally go digging into their policy. Same with Starbucks.... I know they got pressured into making an Anti-Gun policy but they sure don't enforce it or post it.

solus

The you was not directed at you. It makes sense to me if anyone doesn't do business with who they feel they don't care to. But not to support ANY gun business because a policy of no OC to me is a contradiction. The business is guns and it supports our activity how can we afford to not use it? Kinda like saying we don't need the biggest mouth in Washington called the NRA. When I do business at any store, I look at do they have what I need at the price I care for and finally how I'm treated.If Calibers has the best price on something I need I can agree for the time I'm there to not carry. I'm well covered anyway. There's normally a half dozen trained carrying employees behind the counter. And yes any respectable gun shop does have security measures the public is unaware of. I have worked a shop and range over 15 years and know the drills and placements. A gun shop is more secure than any other place you can shop in.

guess where the majority of the 'accidental discharges' originate from - in a place where the employees are complacent.

ipse

XDm

Calibers could very easily post a sign that says -
All Guns Are To Remain Boxed/Holstered While on Premises

Last edited: