• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatever happened to THIS guy?

Primus

He got shut down. He asked the chief what they could do and the chief told him to kick rocks. No warrant no exigent circumstances no permission. No entry.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Fuller Malarkey

I would suggest that he do these no knock searches on his own. Problem will solve itself.

I suspect that now that this has been spelled out, there'll be incidents where the "bad apples" cash in on this rare and unique opportunity to no-knock sack the homes and riddle the digs with bullets of those that just don't conform to the approval of the local constabulary....like open carry folks, especially the one's that do that video thing. They simply mug the open carrier, get the name and address and hold a lottery for the boys to all get a chance to dish out a civics lesson. Remember Massachusetts gun owner, ask not who the tank on the street rolls for. It might just be rolling for you.

Primus

I suspect that now that this has been spelled out, there'll be incidents where the "bad apples" cash in on this rare and unique opportunity to no-knock sack the homes and riddle the digs with bullets of those that just don't conform to the approval of the local constabulary....like open carry folks, especially the one's that do that video thing. They simply mug the open carrier, get the name and address and hold a lottery for the boys to all get a chance to dish out a civics lesson. Remember Massachusetts gun owner, ask not who the tank on the street rolls for. It might just be rolling for you.

Lol garbage knows no bounds

This was a stupid town official who asked a stupid question. He asked how to make sure residents are locking their guns up per state law. He was told to kick rocks that no one is going to be doing that. He was told NO by the PD. I understand that doesn't fit with the funny preconceived notions but its what happened.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

countryclubjoe

http://swampscott.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/selectman-wants-gun-safety-enforced

"The problem, he said, is that police do not have the authority, granted by a local ordinance, to enforce the law and inspect the safeguarding of guns at the homes of the 600 registered gun owners in town."

So the answer is to inspect the homes without PC?

Someone explain.

Hi Folks

It would appear that "Mr.Selectman" is a total fool and probably never attended civics class in high school or if he had he is simply thumbing his nose at the U.S. Constitution in typical tyranny form. Notice how the tyrants want to violate the rights of the LAC that registered their weapons. Tyrants target sheep in the same way that criminals target folks that appear to be easy targets, hence the tyrant(selectman) sees 600 registered sheep and ascertains that they will be easy targets and they will not mind having their Constitutional Rights violated ones again.

My .02

" The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the Government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation".( Author unknown ).

Thank you and best regards

CCJ

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hi Folks

" The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the Government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation".( Author unknown ).

CCJ

Was this quoted in Mien Kampf? (sp)

OC for ME

Cop: [walks up to the front door of a registered gun owner.....knock knock knock.....door opens] Excuse me Good Citizen of a registered firearm. Do you currently possess the registered firearm?
Good Citizen: Yes.
Cop: IAW Massachusetts General Law Chapter 140, Section 131L, you are required to ensuring safe lockup of guns to prevent children from gaining access.
Good Citizen: OK
Cop: Is/are your firearms "locked up?
Cop: I see. You seem a bit nervous.....

No where did the quoted individuals state that they could not "inspect", they stated that they would not. Is there a difference? Right now there is. It is MA after all.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Cop: [walks up to the front door of a registered gun owner.....knock knock knock.....door opens] Excuse me Good Citizen of a registered firearm. Do you currently possess the registered firearm?
Cop: IAW Massachusetts General Law Chapter 140, Section 131L, you are required to ensuring safe lockup of guns to prevent children from gaining access.
Good Citizen: OK
Cop: Is/are your firearms "locked up?
Cop: I see. You seem a bit nervous.....

No where did the quoted individuals state that they could not "inspect", they stated that they would not. Is there a difference? Right now there is. It is MA after all.

Ha...good post...

My first response would be: why are you trespassing?