Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: "Yardsale" beware, "there's a new sheriff in town" his name is Darren Redding

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691

    "Yardsale" beware, "there's a new sheriff in town" his name is Darren Redding

    http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...ens-sheer-joy/

    Aspiring Deputy Coming Under Fire for Vowing to Beat Citizens for the “Sheer Joy of It”

    On one hand, Darren Redding has everything it takes to become a law enforcement officer. He is aggressive, has a military background and doesn’t think too highly of citizens expressing their First Amendment rights.

    But on the other hand, he hasn’t learned to disguise that contempt with a veneer of “safety” as many experienced cops have learned to do when justifying their aggressive acts.

    Because of that, his aspiring law enforcement career may come to an end before it even starts.

    Nah, probably not. Just because he made threats on Facebook against Cop Block activists, unleashing a tirade of complaints against him to his future employer, the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, doesn’t mean they won’t hire him.

    But it does mean we will be able to track his career once he does get hired because judging by his comment, which is reposted below, he doesn’t exactly think things through, considering he had no qualms posting it under his real name.

    Your page is pathetic and offensive. The pictures you post and the comments you make seem like you’re trying to incriminate and deface ALL police officers, when 99% of them are great at what they do, it’s the 1% you should be posting about, not the vast majority you pathetic, ignorant, liberal *****.

    You’re just like all the liberals striving for gun control because the actions of a few, insane individuals are ******* it up for the other 99% of gun owners who are responsible with their weapons.

    Or let me put it into perspective for a drug using, liberal, hippy ***** like yourself: 99% of people who smoke pot do it responsibly and safely, but 1% of the people who use participate in violent crime, or crash their cars when theyre high and kill others or themselves, but I don’t see you posting about how ALL pot smokers should be punished.

    If you were a law abiding citizen you wouldn’t have any problem with 5-0, but something tells me you were probably being a ******* towards a police officer and you got what was coming to you, and that inspired you to make a page giving a bad name to all law enforcement.

    You might as well bad mouth the military and veterans like myself because of those marine scout snipers that pissed on some dead Taliban a few years back. According to your logic that means ALL active duty and veterans are heinous heathens right?

    You’re a ******* bitch and I hope some cop beats your ass next time you’re “protesting” or filming them or whatever. In fact I’m about to start the training academy for the washoe county sheriffs dept in reno, Nevada and I can’t wait to deal with punk ass bitches like you. I would beat your ******* liberal ass just for the sheer joy of it.

    Suck my ******* dick you waste of breathable air, you should have been aborted. But I guess your mother was a dumb ass waste of life like you. You’re the reason that there’s no hope for the human race, I can’t believe people like you exist, if I had my way, there would be another holocaust with camps and gas chambers full of ******* **** scabs like you.

    I hope you die”

    His comment comes across more as a rant than a direct threat, but we’ve seen several cases of citizens ranting on Facebook, only to be arrested. In fact, just last week, a Photography is Not a Crime reader received a visit from the secret service after he stated in the comments section that he would like see President Obama assassinated.

    After talking to him for a few minutes, they determined he had only been ranting and had no plans to follow through on his wishes.

    But now it’s up to the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office to see if they will give Redding a chance to follow through on his wishes.

    UPDATE: Redding sent the following messages to Cop Block, claiming it was a friend who made the comment, not him, pleading for them to remove the post, but now it’s being picked up by other websites.


    I respectfully ask that you remove this post. Like i said in the message i just sent to you, i did not post this. i’m not exactly sure who did because i had several people at my house last night. I understand that the content of the post was un called for and very abusive, but now i am being harassed because of it. your followers have sent me death threats of their own, and have called the local law enforcement authorities on me. i was almost arrested today on suspicion of being a terrorist. your followers have been harassing my family members and my friends.

    Like i said, what was said in that message was verbally abusive and on behalf of whoever wrote it, i apologize. but this has gone too far and im not just being harassed over the internet, the police are showing up at my door.

    So i ask you again, respectfully, to please remove this post.

    Thank you, Darren

    This has gone too far. One of your followers is now posting my address for everyone to see. I really need you to delete his comment and this entire post please.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691
    This just the kind of Deputy Washoe County needs at their DUI checkpoints to take care of refusers with cameras, right Yardsale?

  3. #3
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Isn't it amazing that when someone gets caught in an obscene rant on FaceBook that it's always someone else that "used his computer to post the message...."

    Reminds me of NYC's Weiner who said his phone had been hacked and that he would never have sent those pictures ...

    One does have to be careful of what one posts ... it lives forever.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    Isn't it amazing that when someone gets caught in an obscene rant on FaceBook that it's always someone else that "used his computer to post the message...."

    Reminds me of NYC's Weiner who said his phone had been hacked and that he would never have sent those pictures ...

    One does have to be careful of what one posts ... it lives forever.
    There is a thread abut that around here somewhere ...
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    "Uh,, I was dunk and my ""friend"" got on my account and made that post, I swear it wasn't me."

    Yeah, and it was that guy's "friend's"" pants with the baggie of cocaine in the pocket.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    I wonder what his response would be if they just said, "Nope, not happening dude."
    Would it cause him to unleash another fulisade?

    I sent him a FaceBook message:
    Hey Darren, I saw your idiot friend's post to CopBlock in your name. Dude, you need better friends cause that one is an out and out idiot.

    Has that "friend" got a name?
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 01-13-2014 at 05:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Guilt by association .... I'm all for it in this case ...

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Looking at the two writing styles, I believe that someone used the future deputy's account.

    We are adding to the problem if we continue this discussion.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Someone attempting damage control will certainly attempt a calmer, even submissive demeanor.

    People are capable of more than one type of expressionism, particularly if there is something at stake.

    It's certainly possible he did not write the rant; just as it is certainly possible he did. Attempts to stagnate discussion smacks of an attempt to control others, and is regarded as kindly as the rant and its author.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    People are capable of more than one type of expressionism, ...
    Expressionism? An art form?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde? The potion.....

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Expressionism? An art form?
    I would speculate such asshattery is an art form, of a sort.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    Every time someone hacked into my FB account (because I walked away and left it open) they just posted dick pics and told everyone how I was 'finally coming out of the closet'. No one has EVER taken the time to write paragraph after paragraph of ranting foul language as a 'joke.'

  14. #14
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763

    sounds like a phony....

    well PINAC just posted an email they recieved from the Washoe county sheriff's office....


    The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office would like to clarify that Mr. Redding is not a Deputy Recruit nor has he been considered for employment with our agency.

    “The comments in this post are deplorable and not in keeping with the culture of the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office,” said Sheriff Mike Haley.

    The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing the highest quality police service and protection to our community and we pride ourselves on hiring employees that embrace our mission to build public trust by fostering an environment of honesty, trust, and mutual respect.

    We would appreciate it if you would correct your article to reflect that Mr. Redding is not a Deputy recruit for our agency.

    If you need further information or have questions, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

    Thank you and regards,

    Tami Cummings

    Community Relations, WCSO
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Looking at the two writing styles, I believe that someone used the future deputy's account.

    We are adding to the problem if we continue this discussion.

    YOU are such a shill eye95.

    Statist.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    Darren's wrath is building.....

    https://www.facebook.com/CopBlock


    "If everything involving me is not removed from your page by tomorrow morning, i am going to start the process of pressing charges against you, and those involved. all of your admins/founders names and info is visible on copblock.org.
    Im sorry it has come to this, but your actions have caused me to fear for my life as well as my family's, it has also hindered me from ever pursuing a career with law enforcement if i decide that is what i want to do. Everything you have done to me is completely unjust and i will seek to right these wrongs."

    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Darren fears who.....? The police? Tune changes a bit when ol' Darren finds himself on the peon side of the blue line it seems. Maybe someone else did post the flaming rant. This last post sounds like a whiny 13 year old girl.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  17. #17
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    If he ever had a hope.... they're thoroughly dashed now.
    Sorry, Dude... you brought it on yourself.. I mean your 'friend' did.

  18. #18
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    If he ever had a hope.... they're thoroughly dashed now.
    Sorry, Dude... you brought it on yourself.. I mean your 'friend' did.
    IF his friend would do this too him that person is NO friend. Suggest limiting said association or accept what happens as a result of his failure to limit this "friends" impact on his life!
    IF
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Is not a GED required to become a Washoe County Sheriff?

    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  20. #20
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by cop wannabe
    ...i did not post this. i’m not exactly sure who did ...
    Let's assume this is true.

    This alone should disqualify him from such a job as police officer.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    Darren's wrath is building.....

    https://www.facebook.com/CopBlock


    "If everything involving me is not removed from your page by tomorrow morning, i am going to start the process of pressing charges against you, and those involved. all of your admins/founders names and info is visible on copblock.org.
    Im sorry it has come to this, but your actions have caused me to fear for my life as well as my family's, it has also hindered me from ever pursuing a career with law enforcement if i decide that is what i want to do. Everything you have done to me is completely unjust and i will seek to right these wrongs."

    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Darren fears who.....? The police? Tune changes a bit when ol' Darren finds himself on the peon side of the blue line it seems. Maybe someone else did post the flaming rant. This last post sounds like a whiny 13 year old girl.

    The statement from the Sheriff and this comment here, tells me the people's actions worked and he won't get this job as an enFORCEr. Good!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    Darren's wrath is building.....

    https://www.facebook.com/CopBlock


    "If everything involving me is not removed from your page by tomorrow morning, i am going to start the process of pressing charges against you, and those involved. all of your admins/founders names and info is visible on copblock.org.
    Im sorry it has come to this, but your actions have caused me to fear for my life as well as my family's, it has also hindered me from ever pursuing a career with law enforcement if i decide that is what i want to do. Everything you have done to me is completely unjust and i will seek to right these wrongs."

    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Darren fears who.....? The police? Tune changes a bit when ol' Darren finds himself on the peon side of the blue line it seems. Maybe someone else did post the flaming rant. This last post sounds like a whiny 13 year old girl.

    What a shame, he was a perfect candidate to be a perfect cop.


    Im sorry it has come to this, but your actions have caused


    They never take responsibility and ALWAYS blame others when bad things happen. If he only had a Union, this would all go away and he would get his job plus back pay for sitting at home.

  23. #23
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    Darren's wrath is building.....

    https://www.facebook.com/CopBlock


    "If everything involving me is not removed from your page by tomorrow morning, i am going to start the process of pressing charges against you, and those involved. all of your admins/founders names and info is visible on copblock.org.
    Im sorry it has come to this, but your actions have caused me to fear for my life as well as my family's, it has also hindered me from ever pursuing a career with law enforcement if i decide that is what i want to do. Everything you have done to me is completely unjust and i will seek to right these wrongs."

    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Darren fears who.....? The police? Tune changes a bit when ol' Darren finds himself on the peon side of the blue line it seems. Maybe someone else did post the flaming rant. This last post sounds like a whiny 13 year old girl.
    Must've been hacked again....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern Nevada, ,
    Posts
    721
    I have 99 problems and Darren Redding isn't one of them. Thanks for your concern.

    WCSO investigated and determined his facebook was hacked, lulz.

  25. #25
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    I have 99 problems and Darren Redding isn't one of them. Thanks for your concern.

    WCSO investigated and determined his facebook was hacked, lulz.
    LOl..is right especially when you look at his posting history and his various changing responses.

    I am skeptic of him and the WCSO.

    I think the outrage of those who saw his posts is what motivated both those parties..
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •