• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Yardsale" beware, "there's a new sheriff in town" his name is Darren Redding

Jeff. State

Banned
"Yardsale" beware, "there's a new sheriff in town" his name is Darren Redding

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...y-coming-fire-vowing-beat-citizens-sheer-joy/

Aspiring Deputy Coming Under Fire for Vowing to Beat Citizens for the “Sheer Joy of It”

On one hand, Darren Redding has everything it takes to become a law enforcement officer. He is aggressive, has a military background and doesn’t think too highly of citizens expressing their First Amendment rights.

But on the other hand, he hasn’t learned to disguise that contempt with a veneer of “safety” as many experienced cops have learned to do when justifying their aggressive acts.

Because of that, his aspiring law enforcement career may come to an end before it even starts.

Nah, probably not. Just because he made threats on Facebook against Cop Block activists, unleashing a tirade of complaints against him to his future employer, the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office, doesn’t mean they won’t hire him.

But it does mean we will be able to track his career once he does get hired because judging by his comment, which is reposted below, he doesn’t exactly think things through, considering he had no qualms posting it under his real name.

Your page is pathetic and offensive. The pictures you post and the comments you make seem like you’re trying to incriminate and deface ALL police officers, when 99% of them are great at what they do, it’s the 1% you should be posting about, not the vast majority you pathetic, ignorant, liberal *****.

You’re just like all the liberals striving for gun control because the actions of a few, insane individuals are ******* it up for the other 99% of gun owners who are responsible with their weapons.

Or let me put it into perspective for a drug using, liberal, hippy ***** like yourself: 99% of people who smoke pot do it responsibly and safely, but 1% of the people who use participate in violent crime, or crash their cars when theyre high and kill others or themselves, but I don’t see you posting about how ALL pot smokers should be punished.

If you were a law abiding citizen you wouldn’t have any problem with 5-0, but something tells me you were probably being a ******* towards a police officer and you got what was coming to you, and that inspired you to make a page giving a bad name to all law enforcement.

You might as well bad mouth the military and veterans like myself because of those marine scout snipers that pissed on some dead Taliban a few years back. According to your logic that means ALL active duty and veterans are heinous heathens right?

You’re a ******* bitch and I hope some cop beats your ass next time you’re “protesting” or filming them or whatever. In fact I’m about to start the training academy for the washoe county sheriffs dept in reno, Nevada and I can’t wait to deal with punk ass bitches like you. I would beat your ******* liberal ass just for the sheer joy of it.

Suck my ******* dick you waste of breathable air, you should have been aborted. But I guess your mother was a dumb ass waste of life like you. You’re the reason that there’s no hope for the human race, I can’t believe people like you exist, if I had my way, there would be another holocaust with camps and gas chambers full of ******* **** scabs like you.

I hope you die”

His comment comes across more as a rant than a direct threat, but we’ve seen several cases of citizens ranting on Facebook, only to be arrested. In fact, just last week, a Photography is Not a Crime reader received a visit from the secret service after he stated in the comments section that he would like see President Obama assassinated.

After talking to him for a few minutes, they determined he had only been ranting and had no plans to follow through on his wishes.

But now it’s up to the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office to see if they will give Redding a chance to follow through on his wishes.

UPDATE: Redding sent the following messages to Cop Block, claiming it was a friend who made the comment, not him, pleading for them to remove the post, but now it’s being picked up by other websites.

I respectfully ask that you remove this post. Like i said in the message i just sent to you, i did not post this. i’m not exactly sure who did because i had several people at my house last night. I understand that the content of the post was un called for and very abusive, but now i am being harassed because of it. your followers have sent me death threats of their own, and have called the local law enforcement authorities on me. i was almost arrested today on suspicion of being a terrorist. your followers have been harassing my family members and my friends.

Like i said, what was said in that message was verbally abusive and on behalf of whoever wrote it, i apologize. but this has gone too far and im not just being harassed over the internet, the police are showing up at my door.

So i ask you again, respectfully, to please remove this post.

Thank you, Darren

This has gone too far. One of your followers is now posting my address for everyone to see. I really need you to delete his comment and this entire post please.

Jeff. State

Banned
This just the kind of Deputy Washoe County needs at their DUI checkpoints to take care of refusers with cameras, right Yardsale?

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
Isn't it amazing that when someone gets caught in an obscene rant on FaceBook that it's always someone else that "used his computer to post the message...."

Reminds me of NYC's Weiner who said his phone had been hacked and that he would never have sent those pictures ...

One does have to be careful of what one posts ... it lives forever.

Fallschirjmäger

"Uh,, I was dunk and my ""friend"" got on my account and made that post, I swear it wasn't me."

Yeah, and it was that guy's "friend's"" pants with the baggie of cocaine in the pocket.

Fallschirjmäger

I wonder what his response would be if they just said, "Nope, not happening dude."
Would it cause him to unleash another fulisade?

I sent him a FaceBook message:
Hey Darren, I saw your idiot friend's post to CopBlock in your name. Dude, you need better friends cause that one is an out and out idiot.

Has that "friend" got a name?

Last edited:

eye95

Looking at the two writing styles, I believe that someone used the future deputy's account.

We are adding to the problem if we continue this discussion.

PistolPackingMomma

Someone attempting damage control will certainly attempt a calmer, even submissive demeanor.

People are capable of more than one type of expressionism, particularly if there is something at stake.

It's certainly possible he did not write the rant; just as it is certainly possible he did. Attempts to stagnate discussion smacks of an attempt to control others, and is regarded as kindly as the rant and its author.

Fallschirjmäger

Every time someone hacked into my FB account (because I walked away and left it open) they just posted dick pics and told everyone how I was 'finally coming out of the closet'. No one has EVER taken the time to write paragraph after paragraph of ranting foul language as a 'joke.'

EMNofSeattle

sounds like a phony....

well PINAC just posted an email they recieved from the Washoe county sheriff's office....

The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office would like to clarify that Mr. Redding is not a Deputy Recruit nor has he been considered for employment with our agency.

“The comments in this post are deplorable and not in keeping with the culture of the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office,” said Sheriff Mike Haley.

The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing the highest quality police service and protection to our community and we pride ourselves on hiring employees that embrace our mission to build public trust by fostering an environment of honesty, trust, and mutual respect.

We would appreciate it if you would correct your article to reflect that Mr. Redding is not a Deputy recruit for our agency.

If you need further information or have questions, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and regards,

Tami Cummings

Community Relations, WCSO

Fuller Malarkey

Darren's wrath is building.....

https://www.facebook.com/CopBlock

"If everything involving me is not removed from your page by tomorrow morning, i am going to start the process of pressing charges against you, and those involved. all of your admins/founders names and info is visible on copblock.org.
Im sorry it has come to this, but your actions have caused me to fear for my life as well as my family's, it has also hindered me from ever pursuing a career with law enforcement if i decide that is what i want to do. Everything you have done to me is completely unjust and i will seek to right these wrongs."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Darren fears who.....? The police? Tune changes a bit when ol' Darren finds himself on the peon side of the blue line it seems. Maybe someone else did post the flaming rant. This last post sounds like a whiny 13 year old girl.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
cop wannabe said:
...i did not post this. i’m not exactly sure who did ...

Let's assume this is true.

This alone should disqualify him from such a job as police officer.

sudden valley gunner

"If everything involving me is not removed from your page by tomorrow morning, i am going to start the process of pressing charges against you, and those involved. all of your admins/founders names and info is visible on copblock.org.
Im sorry it has come to this, but your actions have caused me to fear for my life as well as my family's, it has also hindered me from ever pursuing a career with law enforcement if i decide that is what i want to do. Everything you have done to me is completely unjust and i will seek to right these wrongs."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Darren fears who.....? The police? Tune changes a bit when ol' Darren finds himself on the peon side of the blue line it seems. Maybe someone else did post the flaming rant. This last post sounds like a whiny 13 year old girl.

The statement from the Sheriff and this comment here, tells me the people's actions worked and he won't get this job as an enFORCEr. Good!

Jeff. State

Banned

What a shame, he was a perfect candidate to be a perfect cop.

Im sorry it has come to this, but your actions have caused

They never take responsibility and ALWAYS blame others when bad things happen. If he only had a Union, this would all go away and he would get his job plus back pay for sitting at home.