• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

While in Mexico, citizens disarms cops to control crime ....

davidmcbeth

Banned

SFCRetired

From what my British friends have told me, and from what I have seen on their website, the Daily Mail is the National Enquirer of the UK. I would take most of their stories with a large grain of salt.

That said, I really hope this story is true and that those Mexican citizens are cleaning up their town. Would be nice if some similar actions were to occur in certain cities in our country.

Primus

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-town-feared-Knights-Templar-drug-cartel.html

Hundreds of armed vigilantes stormed a Mexican town and arrested federal police in the latest bloody battle between residents, criminal gangs, and the police locals say are in league with the gang members.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nights-Templar-drug-cartel.html#ixzz2qKoP5g5q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lol I Haven't even clicked the link. Did anyone else read... "town-feared-knights-templar-drug-cartel" in the link? So were the police knights templar drug cartel members?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

From what my British friends have told me, and from what I have seen on their website, the Daily Mail is the National Enquirer of the UK. I would take most of their stories with a large grain of salt.

That said, I really hope this story is true and that those Mexican citizens are cleaning up their town. Would be nice if some similar actions were to occur in certain cities in our country.
The photos, unless staged, seem to indicate that this story is legit. Especially the one photo of cops being disarmed by "citizens."

OC for ME

Lol I Haven't even clicked the link. Did anyone else read... "town-feared-knights-templar-drug-cartel" in the link? So were the police knights templar drug cartel members?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I don't know.

Small groups of local vigilantes took up arms and joined forces to storm Paracuaro, headquarters of the Knights Templar gang, where they arrested police officers and seized control of the town in a blaze of gunfire.
You be the judge.