Thread: CA lawmaker seeks BCs for plastic firearms that can slip through metal detectors

CA lawmaker seeks BCs for plastic firearms that can slip through metal detectors

SACRAMENTO, Calif. The "ghost guns" that can slip through metal detectors and be assembled at home without safeguards are spurring efforts in California and elsewhere to bring these weapons and their owners out of the shadows.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/14...cmp=latestnews
    Heads up.

Banned

eh, who cares anymore about California and their gun laws.

only the police should have guns and only the police should be able to kill innocent unarmed people.

life is just better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Heads up.
    Got it.

I'm thankful that legislators often dream up bills aiming to regulate something that they passionately dislike without either having any knowledge or making the effort to become informed on a topic. De Leon is so serious, so determined to put an end to home builds, yet it is evident not only by his stumbling and incoherent presentation but by the text of the bill, that the means to the objective is fatally flawed.

This of course, doesn't assure the bill's failure and this no doubt is only a first draft. They will have to figure out how it will be enforced if everyone claims that they assembled or manufactured their home builds previous to the enactment of SB808. And just how useful a list of DOJ issued serial numbers that reference raw materials like billet aluminum, sheet metal and blocks of wood and plastic that have not yet been made into a firearm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6eE_FAwao
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Got it.

I'm thankful that legislators often dream up bills aiming to regulate something that they passionately dislike without either having any knowledge or making the effort to become informed on a topic. De Leon is so serious, so determined to put an end to home builds, yet it is evident not only by his stumbling and incoherent presentation but by the text of the bill, that the means to the objective is fatally flawed.

This of course, doesn't assure the bill's failure and this no doubt is only a first draft. They will have to figure out how it will be enforced if everyone claims that they assembled or manufactured their home builds previous to the enactment of SB808. And just how useful a list of DOJ issued serial numbers that reference raw materials like billet aluminum, sheet metal and blocks of wood and plastic that have not yet been made into a firearm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI6eE_FAwao
    I think that the bill requires one to serialize AFTER it is built .. and even bigger problem IMO

Got it.

I'm thankful that legislators often dream up bills aiming to regulate something that they passionately dislike without either having any knowledge or making the effort to become informed on a topic.
    I hear there's a new group like "Mom's...". It's called Congressperson's Urgently Not-liking Technology of Barrel-Shrouds.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think that the bill requires one to serialize AFTER it is built .. and even bigger problem IMO
    Actually, the bill requires that one should apply for a serial number before they assemble or manufacture a firearm. (And pass a background check. Which is really helpful if you already own or have built other firearms before.)

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

Banned
    Actually, the bill requires that one should apply for a serial number before they assemble or manufacture a firearm. (And pass a background check. Which is really helpful if you already own or have built other firearms before.)
    And maybe I sold guns w/o doing BR chks on people when I was a gun dealer even when state law required it.

Maybe I never saw the need to BR chk people I knew would pass a BR chk anyway, so why waste $$, and why inform the guberment of the transaction.

BR chks? Useless, waste of $$, infringement.

why is everyone up in arms (pun intended) about plastic guns? They are just single shot zip guns that have been around for centuries anyway and they still need metal bullets last time i checked.

I think it was the Philly mayor who said something along the lines of "i first heard about plastic guns from my 14yr old son who found plans on the internet to build one". My first concern would be why is your 14 year old son trying to build a plastic gun.... Worry about your own kids first!

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    why is everyone up in arms (pun intended) about plastic guns? They are just single shot zip guns that have been around for centuries anyway and they still need metal bullets last time i checked.

I think it was the Philly mayor who said something along the lines of "i first heard about plastic guns from my 14yr old son who found plans on the internet to build one". My first concern would be why is your 14 year old son trying to build a plastic gun.... Worry about your own kids first!
    While this would have an effect on 3D printed firearm parts, this bill will apply to home built guns-- 80% AR lowers, AK flats...

www.shop42a.com