Thread: Mississippi Representative Omeria Scott (D-District 80) introduced House Bill 231.

Mississippi Representative Omeria Scott (D-District 80) introduced House Bill 231.

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/mi...of-gun-owners/

In her bill she proposes that anyone who sells ammunition in the State of Mississippi be required to keep records of each sale.

OK; I opened the link and instantly my first thought was "Why am I not surprised"?

I'm not sure that's even legal...
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Won't ever pass. Governor has already said he'd veto it but don't think it has any chance of getting that far.

the burden, expense and massive records would be ridiculous for a business to maintain. How is ammo relevant anyway? A criminal only needs one bullet whereas an IDPA shooter may need 500 for a day at the range.

This bill will certainly die in committee along with the other bill limiting the castle doctrine (hb 179). Apparently, Rep. Dixon wants to restrict the castle doctrine to within 30ft of your house.

http://www.mississippigunnews.com/ne...-of-your-home/

There was a law on the books that did require a log of ammo sales in MS, although it was virtually unenforced. It was repealed not long ago.