Thread: DA decides cops in Dorner shooting were justified !!!

DA decides cops in Dorner shooting were justified !!!

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/2445038...en-id-shooting

(FOX 11/CNS) - A Torrance police officer who opened fire on a pickup truck during the manhunt for former Los Angeles police Officer Christopher Dorner was justified in his actions and will not face any criminal charges, the District Attorney's Office announced today.

Prosecutors concluded that Officer Brian McGee "did not commit any criminal misconduct" on Feb. 7 of last year when he rammed David Perdue's truck with a patrol car, then fired three shots through the driver's side window.

Banned
    "are you sure it was dorner driving"
    cop: "yes"
    "sure, sure?"
    cop: "well not sure sure .. somewhat sure"

Alrighty then, kill away !!!
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-14-2014 at 09:40 PM.

That's what happens when you don't talk to cops.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Deputy District Attorney Rendon wrote, "McGee's actions are analyzed based on the totality of circumstances, which include McGee's knowledge of Dorner's previous threats and actions in the days and hours preceding these events, which gave rise to an atmosphere of fear and extreme anticipation," Rendon wrote. "Those circumstances created a situation in which a reasonable mistake of fact, namely that Dorner was driving the truck, nearly resulted in a horrific tragedy.
    So, if cops make a "reasonable" mistake of fact, and are scared spitless, then its OK for them to try to kill an innocent person without taking the time to confirm the cop killer is in the brown truck that is not a blue truck.

Apparently, AOJ is suspended in CA for scared-spitless cops.

<derisive laughter>

PS: I would really like to what it was he was calling "reasonable". Seems like an awful lot would hinge on that.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-14-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

This type of executive branch reasoning may lead a LAC to conclude that his/her life is in danger from miss-identification. A LAC may understand this type of government behavior deserves a bit of attention. It may behoove an LAC to be aware if there are any bad guys on the loose to be ready... not for the extremely rare instance of a BG encounter, but for the potential imminent threat of bodily harm from an apparent good guy. Of course, if an LAC has to defend themselves from a scared GG, it's most certainly reasonable in light of the circumstances which created the mistake of fact, the LAC should not be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    That's what happens when you don't talk to cops.
    The victim spoke to police just prior to the shooting. The police told him to drive in the direction of the police who shot him.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Sorry Mr. Prosecutor I shot at all cop cars I saw, I thought they might be Ian Birk

Ok your excused that's understandable.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

"McGee's actions are analyzed based on the totality of circumstances, which include McGee's knowledge of Dorner's previous threats and actions in the days and hours preceding these events, which gave rise to an atmosphere of fear and extreme anticipation," Rendon wrote. "Those circumstances created a situation in which a reasonable mistake of fact, namely that Dorner was driving the truck, nearly resulted in a horrific tragedy.
    It is noted that that dumbazz DA excluded the fact that the wrong color truck/driver was assaulted by that nitwit cop. There is a very deep seated angst being displayed in that LEA and the DA is covering for a obviously corrupt LEA.

Any citizen anywhere near any of that LEAs cops should hold a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post

Any citizen anywhere near any of that LEAs cops should hold a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm.

It's getting to the point where if a citizen sees an officer approaching and has his hand on his weapon, they should not be charged if they decide to pre-emptively defend themselves.

"I feared for my safety" it works for the cops, why shouldn't it work for the general public against LE.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 01-15-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Banned
    onus do you know if anything happened with the officers who shot up the newspaper ladies? I know they got a multimillion dollar settlement but did any officers lose their job?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    It's getting to the point where if a citizen sees an officer approaching and has his hand on his weapon, they should not be charged if they decide to pre-emptively defend themselves. "I feared for my safety" it works for the cops, why shouldn't it work for the general public against LE.
    The point should be made with common law self-defense, "Be in reasonable fear of great bodily harm." It would seem that huge precedent well document should establish good reason.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Sorry Mr. Prosecutor I shot at all cop cars I saw, I thought they might be Ian Birk

Ok your excused that's understandable.
    Oh, ho, ho, ho. Oh, that was gooood.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

onus do you know if anything happened with the officers who shot up the newspaper ladies? I know they got a multimillion dollar settlement but did any officers lose their job?
    I don't know that the "official" number of cops involved in the assault on innocent citizens was ever made public, or the names of those involved. It appears that the hispanic women were told "here's your hush money. IF you understand what's good for you, your extended family and their pet dogs, take it and fade into oblivion. We know where you live".

And I can find no further reference to these hispanic women, or any further criminal investigation of the police after the hush money was paid out.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

I am not aware of any discipline for the officers. There was no lawsuit filed and I am pretty sure no complaint was filed either. The city and victims lawyers met immediately after the shooting and started working on a deal.

I believe that since no complaint was filed that LAPD is prohibited from initiating any discipline against the officers.

Other than the tax payers footing a large bill, I don't believe any punishment was given to anyone.

It's getting to the point where if a citizen sees an officer approaching and has his hand on his weapon, they should not be charged if they decide to pre-emptively defend themselves.

"I feared for my safety" it works for the cops, why shouldn't it work for the general public against LE.
    I would not attempt to out draw a cop who already has his hand on his firearm. Backhanded advocacy for shooting a cop because he has his hand on his firearm is bad, very bad.

He very well may be looking past you, to a BG behind you who has a knife or other such lethal weapon, and the cop thinks you might be the victim.

I would not attempt to out draw a cop who already has his hand on his firearm. Backhanded advocacy for shooting a cop because he has his hand on his firearm is bad, very bad.

He very well may be looking past you, to a BG behind you who has a knife or other such lethal weapon, and the cop thinks you might be the victim.
    Awww but if he is CCing he will have the element of surprise,

Sorry could not resist the sarcasm.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Awww but if he is CCing he will have the element of surprise,

Sorry could not resist the sarcasm.
    Ouch!....+1 to you Sir.

Banned
    Many lawyers become lawyers because they wanted to be a professional but they could not pass science and math courses required to be an engineer, chemist, biologist, physicist, astronomer, etc. ie they are washouts.

So, such conclusions reached by a lawyer who could not pass Algebra 101 is no surprise to me.

Recommend someone put in a FOIA request for this guy's employment records (CV, transcripts, etc).
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 01-16-2014 at 03:40 PM.

As you may imagine, the police-can-do-no-wrong sycophants on TalkGlock are beside themselves in support of the officer who nearly killed an innocent man.

Founder's Club Member

Well, that was a very crafty way to compliment the cop on one hand, but damn him for leaving me in his line of fire and not warn me, the victim, to get out of the way or get down. I would appreciate at least a "look out!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    I don't know that the "official" number of cops involved in the assault on innocent citizens was ever made public, or the names of those involved. It appears that the hispanic women were told "here's your hush money. IF you understand what's good for you, your extended family and their pet dogs, take it and fade into oblivion. We know where you live".

And I can find no further reference to these hispanic women, or any further criminal investigation of the police after the hush money was paid out.
    LAPD never released any names for the officers who shot the illegal alien women.

Torrance PD was recently ordered by a judge to release the names of the two officers involved in the shooting of the surfer.

The officers are Brian McGee and Eric Sooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Well, that was a very crafty way to compliment the cop on one hand, but damn him for leaving me in his line of fire and not warn me, the victim, to get out of the way or get down. I would appreciate at least a "look out!"
    It wasn't all that crafty.

If we are going to be advocates of determining the facts before we act, or speak, then we need to advocate for getting the facts. Unfortunately, these days anyway, LE seems to want to choose their facts and discount our facts.

Anyway, cops routinely, and as a matter of policy, receive a very disproportionate amount of leniency. Those cops need to be in jail, or at a minimum, relieved of their service weapons, they are not fit for "street duty."