• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DA decides cops in Dorner shooting were justified !!!

onus

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/24450385/torrance-officer-cleared-in-dorner-mistaken-id-shooting

(FOX 11/CNS) - A Torrance police officer who opened fire on a pickup truck during the manhunt for former Los Angeles police Officer Christopher Dorner was justified in his actions and will not face any criminal charges, the District Attorney's Office announced today.

Prosecutors concluded that Officer Brian McGee "did not commit any criminal misconduct" on Feb. 7 of last year when he rammed David Perdue's truck with a patrol car, then fired three shots through the driver's side window.

davidmcbeth

Banned
"are you sure it was dorner driving"
cop: "yes"
"sure, sure?"
cop: "well not sure sure .. somewhat sure"

Alrighty then, kill away !!!

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Deputy District Attorney Rendon wrote, "McGee's actions are analyzed based on the totality of circumstances, which include McGee's knowledge of Dorner's previous threats and actions in the days and hours preceding these events, which gave rise to an atmosphere of fear and extreme anticipation," Rendon wrote. "Those circumstances created a situation in which a reasonable mistake of fact, namely that Dorner was driving the truck, nearly resulted in a horrific tragedy.

So, if cops make a "reasonable" mistake of fact, and are scared spitless, then its OK for them to try to kill an innocent person without taking the time to confirm the cop killer is in the brown truck that is not a blue truck.

Apparently, AOJ is suspended in CA for scared-spitless cops.

<derisive laughter>

PS: I would really like to what it was he was calling "reasonable". Seems like an awful lot would hinge on that.

Last edited:

georg jetson

This type of executive branch reasoning may lead a LAC to conclude that his/her life is in danger from miss-identification. A LAC may understand this type of government behavior deserves a bit of attention. It may behoove an LAC to be aware if there are any bad guys on the loose to be ready... not for the extremely rare instance of a BG encounter, but for the potential imminent threat of bodily harm from an apparent good guy. Of course, if an LAC has to defend themselves from a scared GG, it's most certainly reasonable in light of the circumstances which created the mistake of fact, the LAC should not be charged.

OC for ME

"McGee's actions are analyzed based on the totality of circumstances, which include McGee's knowledge of Dorner's previous threats and actions in the days and hours preceding these events, which gave rise to an atmosphere of fear and extreme anticipation," Rendon wrote. "Those circumstances created a situation in which a reasonable mistake of fact, namely that Dorner was driving the truck, nearly resulted in a horrific tragedy.
It is noted that that dumbazz DA excluded the fact that the wrong color truck/driver was assaulted by that nitwit cop. There is a very deep seated angst being displayed in that LEA and the DA is covering for a obviously corrupt LEA.

Any citizen anywhere near any of that LEAs cops should hold a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm.

Jeff. State

Banned
Any citizen anywhere near any of that LEAs cops should hold a reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm.

It's getting to the point where if a citizen sees an officer approaching and has his hand on his weapon, they should not be charged if they decide to pre-emptively defend themselves.

"I feared for my safety" it works for the cops, why shouldn't it work for the general public against LE.

Last edited:

Jeff. State

Banned
onus do you know if anything happened with the officers who shot up the newspaper ladies? I know they got a multimillion dollar settlement but did any officers lose their job?

Fuller Malarkey

onus do you know if anything happened with the officers who shot up the newspaper ladies? I know they got a multimillion dollar settlement but did any officers lose their job?

I don't know that the "official" number of cops involved in the assault on innocent citizens was ever made public, or the names of those involved. It appears that the hispanic women were told "here's your hush money. IF you understand what's good for you, your extended family and their pet dogs, take it and fade into oblivion. We know where you live".

And I can find no further reference to these hispanic women, or any further criminal investigation of the police after the hush money was paid out.

onus

I am not aware of any discipline for the officers. There was no lawsuit filed and I am pretty sure no complaint was filed either. The city and victims lawyers met immediately after the shooting and started working on a deal.

I believe that since no complaint was filed that LAPD is prohibited from initiating any discipline against the officers.

Other than the tax payers footing a large bill, I don't believe any punishment was given to anyone.

OC for ME

It's getting to the point where if a citizen sees an officer approaching and has his hand on his weapon, they should not be charged if they decide to pre-emptively defend themselves.

"I feared for my safety" it works for the cops, why shouldn't it work for the general public against LE.
I would not attempt to out draw a cop who already has his hand on his firearm. Backhanded advocacy for shooting a cop because he has his hand on his firearm is bad, very bad.

He very well may be looking past you, to a BG behind you who has a knife or other such lethal weapon, and the cop thinks you might be the victim.

WalkingWolf

I would not attempt to out draw a cop who already has his hand on his firearm. Backhanded advocacy for shooting a cop because he has his hand on his firearm is bad, very bad.

He very well may be looking past you, to a BG behind you who has a knife or other such lethal weapon, and the cop thinks you might be the victim.

Awww but if he is CCing he will have the element of surprise, :rolleyes:

Sorry could not resist the sarcasm.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Many lawyers become lawyers because they wanted to be a professional but they could not pass science and math courses required to be an engineer, chemist, biologist, physicist, astronomer, etc. ie they are washouts.

So, such conclusions reached by a lawyer who could not pass Algebra 101 is no surprise to me.

Recommend someone put in a FOIA request for this guy's employment records (CV, transcripts, etc).

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Well, that was a very crafty way to compliment the cop on one hand, but damn him for leaving me in his line of fire and not warn me, the victim, to get out of the way or get down. I would appreciate at least a "look out!"

onus

I don't know that the "official" number of cops involved in the assault on innocent citizens was ever made public, or the names of those involved. It appears that the hispanic women were told "here's your hush money. IF you understand what's good for you, your extended family and their pet dogs, take it and fade into oblivion. We know where you live".

And I can find no further reference to these hispanic women, or any further criminal investigation of the police after the hush money was paid out.

LAPD never released any names for the officers who shot the illegal alien women.

Torrance PD was recently ordered by a judge to release the names of the two officers involved in the shooting of the surfer.

The officers are Brian McGee and Eric Sooper.