• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Melting guns into a sculpture: Can I go throw up now?

Fallschirjmäger

I'll hold either the bucket, or your hair.
Consider this...
Penn is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of 150-million and he donated 65 guns. If the guns were worth 2,000 each then that's 130,000 (yes, that's a wild exaggeration of value but stick with me, m'kay?)
150,000,000 net worth v. 130,000 in guns sacrificed.
Take away the extra 0's and you get someone earning 150 Grand a year sacrificing a Hunnert n Thutty bucks.
For someone only making 15,000 it's like giving up the price of two Starbuck Caramel Macchiatos and a slice of cheesecake.
150,000,0̶0̶0̶
____130,0̶0̶0̶

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Theron has a tragic history when it comes to gun violence. She was just 17 when her mother shot and killed her father after he reportedly fired his own gun and threatened to kill her. (from link)

Not gun violence .... crazy parent or parents.

Apple don't fall too far from the tree...

ron73440

If there had only been knives in Theron's family, her mom would probably be dead instead of her dad, maybe they think murder is more acceptable than self defense.

WalkingWolf

I may be mistaken but has not Penn always been anti gun? Seems he is another Hollywood hypocrite, and he will probably go out and buy more guns after he gets his publicity.

Fallschirjmäger

I may be mistaken but has not Penn always been anti gun? Seems he is another Hollywood hypocrite, and he will probably go out and buy more guns after he gets his publicity.
He has, or had, sixty-five. He's against YOU having a gun, just as most liberals or progressives are. Those prohibitions don't apply to them (look at Rosie O'Doughnut's guards.)
rosieguns.jpg

Last edited: