• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA US Rep Goodlatte Leads the RINO charge on Amnesty for at least 6 million Illegals

HPmatt

Looks like Old Dominion state's 'representative' want to change the state's name of Old Domingo....

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/13/gop-leader-reveals-strategy-for-immigration-bill-push/

Have already advised our daughter in Lexington to get her friends to call HER Rep's office and raise a ruckus. You would think that Texas would have the Reps doing this - perhaps Goodlatte thinks the new Dem Governor will back him up on this before he switches to be a Democrat.

va_tazdad

No question about it

Looks like Old Dominion state's 'representative' want to change the state's name of Old Domingo....

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/13/gop-leader-reveals-strategy-for-immigration-bill-push/

Have already advised our daughter in Lexington to get her friends to call HER Rep's office and raise a ruckus. You would think that Texas would have the Reps doing this - perhaps Goodlatte thinks the new Dem Governor will back him up on this before he switches to be a Democrat.

Whereas Terry is nothing but Hitlery lite, you can bet he will support him.

Virginia is screwed fore the next 4 years.

HPmatt

Boehner tells business groups - absolute movement on Immigration b4 Nov14 elections

Looks like US Rep Goodlatte is the architect of Mexico-on-the-James

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R., Va.), chairman of the HouseJudiciary Committee, delivered an upbeat message about legislative prospects during a recent trip to Silicon Valley, said Carl Guardino, chief executive of the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, who hosted his visit.

He said Mr. Goodlatte told him action in 2014 was "entirely possible," likely in the form of votes this summer on five to seven immigration bills. A spokeswoman for Mr. Goodlatte declined to comment on the exchange.

From the Wall Street Journal which is a BIG supporter of no borders
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles...0001424052702304626304579508091839546088.html

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And this relates to the open carry of a properly-holstered handgun ... how?

It is a stretch, but the connect is there.

The Democrats tend to be more anti gun/freedom. If all illegals were "granted" full rights, it is presumed they will most often tend to vote Democrat (thanking their benefactors); thereby further deluting our influence = costing us dearly re RKBA.

The OP should have made this connection obvious.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

The Democrats tend to be more anti gun/freedom. If all illegals were "granted" full rights, it is presumed they will most often tend to vote Democrat (thanking their benefactors); thereby further deluting our influence = costing us dearly re RKBA.

What, and Republicans are somehow prevented from doing the same thing?

Like I said. Blind fear.

davidmcbeth

Banned
2 types of people come here from mexico..

1st) honorable people looking to get the heck out of mexico (can't blame them really - for trying)

2nd) criminals trying to escape mexican justice

ratio? nobody really knows ... democrats will tell you zero but you know that's a lie...

And how many persons are criminals? 10,000? 1,000,000? I'd rather have the # than a %.

0.01% seems small .. 10,000 murders? Sounds a whole lot worse.

I gave an interview to a news crew ... pointing out that murders come across the boarder...that was then end of the interview ~ they did not like someone pointing this out.

HPmatt

My question is what is the VA US (R) Rep doing leading the charge to legalize Illegals and still not secure the border? Is VA full of issues from this? Voting stats show Repubs % of Hispanic votes has been dropping since Reagan- abt 30% for Romney. That means 70% for Dems and you get the bonus of alienating your base because you have not stopped the problem at the border. Of corse this give the Libs more votes to control and restrict guns. Watch how it is going to roll out in VA w this dope Goodlattes' efforts w Boehner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

1st) honorable people looking to get the heck out of mexico (can't blame them really - for trying)

ratio? nobody really knows ... democrats will tell you zero but you know that's a lie...

And how many persons are criminals? 10,000? 1,000,000? I'd rather have the # than a %.

0.01% seems small .. 10,000 murders? Sounds a whole lot worse.

I gave an interview to a news crew ... pointing out that murders come across the boarder...that was then end of the interview ~ they did not like someone pointing this out.

Only "2 types of people come" across the "boarder" [sic]? Really? and you have a cite for that statement? No one comes across to get work and send money back home? All the rest are criminals? Where do you get this crap or do you just make it all up?

Another useless post in the Virginia forum from a Connecticut Yankee.

Rusty Young Man

What, and Republicans are somehow prevented from doing the same thing?

Like I said. Blind fear.

It's difficult to reach Latino voters when the candidates have a white face and you've been indoctrinated for years about how bad "gringos" have treated people of your color, or how it is the fault of the "gringos" that you're not living in a mansion and driving a Ferrari, but Democrats have always been your friends and give you table scraps as long as you keep voting for them.

Ask me how I'm viewed by half the members of my church for pointing out how they sell their votes for handouts that are paid for by stolen money.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

SNIP...

3) People who ACTUALLY want to work and live like they see on TV
4) People who want to live like they see on TV, but don't want to work and sign up for welfare, WIC, and food stamps as soon as they can.
The list goes on, and on.

Your blanket statement is akin to what the antis say of gun owners: "Only criminals and cops carry guns. If you aren't a cop, then you're a criminal."

davidmcbeth

Banned
Only "2 types of people come" across the "boarder" [sic]? Really? and you have a cite for that statement? No one comes across to get work and send money back home? All the rest are criminals? Where do you get this crap or do you just make it all up?

There may be other categories or subdivisions .. please please tell us that criminals don't cross the boarder. That was my main focus if you could read. Clean off the chaw from your screen.

Rusty Young Man

There may be other categories or subdivisions .. please please tell us that criminals don't cross the boarder. That was my main focus if you could read. Clean off the chaw from your screen.

Then you could have simply stated:

"2 GENERAL types of people come across the border:
1) Honourable people
2) Dishonourable people"

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com

Well, I suspect that if they cross the boarder [sic], they will suffer his wrath. On the other hand, there are may reasons why one would want to cross the BORDER, and not all are dishonorable. Don't they teach spelling in troll high school?

HPmatt

2nd) criminals trying to escape mexican.

From my viewpoint ALL of them are criminals in that they broke the law when they came here. Legal immigration from Latin America is what - 1 million a year?

SECURE THE BORDER. Then we deal with how many should come here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Gallowmere

Government is not, has never been, and will never be capable of such an undertaking.

Government can't even follow its own laws or balance a budget.

Pretty much this.

Though I have to admit, "SECURE THE BORDER" comes across to me as a serious dose of tilting at windmills anyway. Imaginary and arbitrary lines, do not security make. Oh...right..."dey tuk err jerbs!"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Changed my mind, particularly because of the thread direction. Moving this to the Social Lounge.

sudden valley gunner

Sounds like they are not RINO's at all, Republican party from the beginning were a party of big government and overreach and pandering to special interest.

Why do they always avoid the obvious, get rid of the unconstitutional drug wars , the welfare nanny state, ridiculous protectionism then migration of people wouldn't be much of an issue.

There is a growing number of US folks emigrating to get away from the US too, something to think about.