• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking to Write Article about Open Carry Event in Fond du Lac on 11 January

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Several men carried long guns openly in Fond du Lac on Saturday. I would like to write an article about it. Anyone have any contacts, pictures or information, please let me know.

All I have is this less than informative Gannet article:

http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/20140113/FON0101/301130277?nclick_check=1

The sight of several males toting long guns in downtown Fond du Lac on Saturday prompted a few calls to the dispatch center.

Fond du Lac Assistant Police Chief Steve Klein said the Communications Center received a handful of calls around 4 p.m. reporting about six males toting long guns near Johnson and Main streets.

“We did have some officers drive through the area to make sure there was no obvious violation of state or federal laws,” Klein said. “If there are no violations there’s not a whole lot that we can do.”

Finding no overt threats, Klein said officers left the area.

Last edited:

MKEgal

It's at the bottom (south) of the lake, in an area explored by the French.
Hence Fond (bottom) du (of) Lac (lake).

As for contacting the guys, one of them is Charles Branstrom.
Another is Ross Hershey.
Contact them on Facebook; they frequent the Wisconsin Carry FB page too.