Thread: Wrong House...

Thumbs up Wrong House...

a NRA video by Ginny Simone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Sbf_piIQQ

nice to see special treatment is a live and well for LEO. he unloaded at a fleeing driver/suspect.

Thought I was watching Dragnet Redux. They lost me in the first two minutes with the Joe Friday like dialog of cop speak. I imagine some of this will be used by active duty police to justify the acquisition of RPG's, for cars that engage backup lights.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Quote Originally Posted by CT Barfly View Post
    nice to see special treatment is a live and well for LEO. he unloaded at a fleeing driver/suspect.
    What video did you watch? At no time did that happen. He fired at a vehicle that had it's backup lights on meaning the car was was in reverse. He was standing behind the car. He thought he was about to be run over.
    After he fired the vehicle went from reverse into drive. They never said he continued firing after it went into drive.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Campaign Veteran
    Why did he open the door?

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    What video did you watch? At no time did that happen. He fired at a vehicle that had it's backup lights on meaning the car was was in reverse. He was standing behind the car. He thought he was about to be run over.
    After he fired the vehicle went from reverse into drive. They never said he continued firing after it went into drive.
    +1 good catch. Saw/heard the same explanation.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddin99 View Post
    That was going to be the first six words of my post.

Why did he go outside?

He knew all the right words to explain why he shot at running thugs and thugs speeding away. Good for him.

BTW, on of the interviews had an Auburn sweatshirt. War Eagle!
    Last edited by eye95; 01-16-2014 at 08:15 PM.

That's probably the best question right there. I always try to identify who is at the door before opening it. If I don't recognize them they can explain themselves through the glass.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Lightbulb

Complacency, he lived in what he assumed was a high end safe neighborhood, ex cop surrounded by more of his own kind, and he did as he was trained to do...
    and that is why too many cops get killed, well that and a bad case of supper man syndrome...

Question Wrong House...

I also wondered why he opened the door, but I also wondered why when he started with a PPk he raised his Glock when the cars backup light came on?

Quote Originally Posted by Walther View Post
    I also wondered why he opened the door, but I also wondered why when he started with a PPk he raised his Glock when the cars backup light came on?
    Because he emptied the PPK at the goons at the door, then changed guns before heading outside () according to a later section of the video.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    Because he emptied the PPK at the goons at the door, then changed guns before heading outside () according to a later section of the video.
    A S&W 500 could have eliminated the need for two guns.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A S&W 500 could have eliminated the need for two guns.
    And limited him to 5 rounds before stopping to reload!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

plenty of time to reload. BGs cant run that fast with that much crap in their shorts...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    plenty of time to reload. BGs cant run that fast with that much crap in their shorts...
    Especially when the belt is not designed to hold them up. Wasn't there a thug killed in Cincinnati some years back because his pants fell down while he was running from the police? Not saying it was a good shoot. Just saying, "Pull up your damned pants, and wear a belt that fits!!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Red face oops

"Because he emptied the PPK at the goons at the door, then changed guns before heading outside () according to a later section of the video."

oops, thanks, I missed that somehow the first time I watched it.