• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wrong House...

CT Barfly

nice to see special treatment is a live and well for LEO. he unloaded at a fleeing driver/suspect.

Fuller Malarkey

Thought I was watching Dragnet Redux. They lost me in the first two minutes with the Joe Friday like dialog of cop speak. I imagine some of this will be used by active duty police to justify the acquisition of RPG's, for cars that engage backup lights.

decklin

nice to see special treatment is a live and well for LEO. he unloaded at a fleeing driver/suspect.

What video did you watch? At no time did that happen. He fired at a vehicle that had it's backup lights on meaning the car was was in reverse. He was standing behind the car. He thought he was about to be run over.
After he fired the vehicle went from reverse into drive. They never said he continued firing after it went into drive.

Primus

What video did you watch? At no time did that happen. He fired at a vehicle that had it's backup lights on meaning the car was was in reverse. He was standing behind the car. He thought he was about to be run over.
After he fired the vehicle went from reverse into drive. They never said he continued firing after it went into drive.

+1 good catch. Saw/heard the same explanation.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

eye95

Why did he open the door?

That was going to be the first six words of my post.

Why did he go outside?

He knew all the right words to explain why he shot at running thugs and thugs speeding away. Good for him.

BTW, on of the interviews had an Auburn sweatshirt. War Eagle!

Last edited:

Sheldon

Why did he open the door?

Complacency, he lived in what he assumed was a high end safe neighborhood, ex cop surrounded by more of his own kind, and he did as he was trained to do...
and that is why too many cops get killed, well that and a bad case of supper man syndrome...

Walther

I also wondered why he opened the door, but I also wondered why when he started with a PPk he raised his Glock when the cars backup light came on?

JustaShooter

I also wondered why he opened the door, but I also wondered why when he started with a PPk he raised his Glock when the cars backup light came on?

Because he emptied the PPK at the goons at the door, then changed guns before heading outside :)uhoh:) according to a later section of the video.

eye95

plenty of time to reload. BGs cant run that fast with that much crap in their shorts...

Especially when the belt is not designed to hold them up. Wasn't there a thug killed in Cincinnati some years back because his pants fell down while he was running from the police? Not saying it was a good shoot. Just saying, "Pull up your damned pants, and wear a belt that fits!!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Walther

oops

"Because he emptied the PPK at the goons at the door, then changed guns before heading outside () according to a later section of the video."

oops, thanks, I missed that somehow the first time I watched it.