Thread: Restaurants and OC around the area Washington only please.

Restaurants and OC around the area Washington only please.

I am looking for the encounters that people have had at the restaurants around Washington good/bad/neutral.

I'll start out with, "The Noodle Boat," in Issaquah. I have OC'd there with ZERO issues and the food is really good.
    Most of the 'Asian food' restaurants around Federal way, I have had zero problems. I only CC when I am around that bloody mall in F. Way.

Has anyone had any OC experience with, "El Gaucho Bellevue?"
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I don't know where to start. I've never had an issue in any restaurant that I've OC'd at. Gyro Spot, Ram, Outback, Red Robin, Micky D, Jack in the Box, Korean BBQ, Sushi Train, Burger King, a couple of Teriyaki places, Pacos Tacos, Subway, and ect. Most of these places are in the Lacey/Olympia area.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

nope, never had any problem OCing in any restaurant, although I haven't OC'd at many restaurants, and none of the "higher class" restaurants where the management may be concerned about image, nor any restaurant in a high crime area....

some places I have eaten at while OC....

McDonald's in multiple states, no issues.

Burger King, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box (as you can see I'm a real health nut)

in Port Orchard area we have our monthly meet up at Hideaway Cafe.

Family Pancake House,

I think i've eaten OC at Sharis Cafe (I sometimes OC, sometimes CC I can't remember nor do I care which method of carry i've employed at each place I go)

Subway, in multiple states including WA.

and the Orange Julius and pretzel shop at the Silverdale Mall I've OC'd at.

that about rounds it out, no issues anywhere. unless you're in a upper class eatery, or an extremely liberal area, or somewhere where there is alot of crime and robberies, you're unlikely to ever be given trouble, even then, most places will not bother you if you are a paying customer and don't do things that threaten the staff or customers.....
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Never had an issue oc'ing at any restaurant including some of the "high class" places.
    Cc'd into Canlis and Il Bistro then ended up removing my jacket for comfort. In both locations I got up to use the restroom and the employees definitely saw me. There was nothing said and the service did not change.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    The only issue I had was at Jalepenos at Barkley. The Jalepenos downtown has never been an issue.

Good encounters at , Olive Garden , Billy McCales, El Gitano, Kyoto Steak house, various sushi restaurants, fast food (not often), Thai restaruants.........all good.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

You are aware of the "friend or Foe" site, no?

http://youtu.be/vtwrnXuCmnM

Just add your zip code and keep the site current.

Welcome to the Friend or Foe web site. This site serves the gun owner community by listing the experiences people have while out and about carrying a firearm for self protection. Individuals across the country use the site to share experiences visiting various places of business for the benefit of the entire gun owner community. Gun owners who Open Carry are especially encouraged to share their experiences as they are obviously more inclined to get a genuine feel for whether gun owners are welcome at the establishment. Those who prefer to carry concealed can help by adding ratings for businesses that they know are friendly or unfriendly, and also by adding ratings for places that are posted with “no guns” or “no weapons” signage.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    You are aware of the "friend or Foe" site, no?

http://youtu.be/vtwrnXuCmnM

Just add your zip code and keep the site current.

Welcome to the Friend or Foe web site. This site serves the gun owner community by listing the experiences people have while out and about carrying a firearm for self protection. Individuals across the country use the site to share experiences visiting various places of business for the benefit of the entire gun owner community. Gun owners who Open Carry are especially encouraged to share their experiences as they are obviously more inclined to get a genuine feel for whether gun owners are welcome at the establishment. Those who prefer to carry concealed can help by adding ratings for businesses that they know are friendly or unfriendly, and also by adding ratings for places that are posted with “no guns” or “no weapons” signage.
    Yes, I checked there FIRST. I have posted on there a few times.

I've noticed that many of the reviews seem to be spam at times though. While this forum is more "personal" and real as I have met a few members from the Washington area.

Also I figured I could get a more real feedback about restaurants here rather than there.

Crazy Pho Cajun in Federal Way has good Pho and, while inquisitive, is rather OC friendly.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Friend or Foe is great concept, but underuse and lack of reporting standards make it of little practical use, plus I don't go out of my way to find OC friendly/neutral businesses, I simply go to a business I need to use in my daily life and if carrying, openly or concealed, I check the door for a gunbuster, and if there is none I go in and frequent the business until asked to leave (I've never been asked to leave)
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Silver City Brewery flagship restaurant in Silverdale is VERY gun FRIENDLY. Their brewmeister actually gave my wife and I a free sampler once for my OC. Jimmy Macs in Federal Way has never greeted me with anything but smiles and great service. Every Red Robin I've been in has been gun friendly.

Never had a problem at any restaurants in Washington. The only one I was asked to leave was Cousins in The Dalles, OR.
    Live Free or Die!

I have never been asked to leave a restaurant in Washington nor have I had any problems in Washington restaurants or for that matter in the other 6 states I regularly OC in. Saw several OCers in restaurants in Arizona the last few weeks, Arizona is great IMHO.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 01-19-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    I have never been asked to leave a restaurant in Washington nor have I had any problems in Washington restaurants or for that matter in the other 6 states I regularly OC in. Saw several OCers in restaurants in Arizona the last few weeks, Arizona is great IMHO.
    OC is easy in AZ. The rules were looser than Washington while I was stationed there in 1999-2000

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    OC is easy in AZ. The rules were looser than Washington while I was stationed there in 1999-2000
    Agreed it sure seems to be, I have seen a lot of OC in the last few months that I doubt I will see when I get home. I counted 4 OCers in one restaurant a few weeks ago. I do see quite a few no guns allowed signs on business doors, unlike Washington they do carry weight of law in Arizona.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Was at "Top Gun Seafood Restaurant" with no problems.

Every single taco wagon in Sunnyside, no problems.
    LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING