• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Restaurants and OC around the area Washington only please.

Freedom1Man

I am looking for the encounters that people have had at the restaurants around Washington good/bad/neutral.

I'll start out with, "The Noodle Boat," in Issaquah. I have OC'd there with ZERO issues and the food is really good.
Most of the 'Asian food' restaurants around Federal way, I have had zero problems. I only CC when I am around that bloody mall in F. Way.

Has anyone had any OC experience with, "El Gaucho Bellevue?"

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I don't know where to start. I've never had an issue in any restaurant that I've OC'd at. Gyro Spot, Ram, Outback, Red Robin, Micky D, Jack in the Box, Korean BBQ, Sushi Train, Burger King, a couple of Teriyaki places, Pacos Tacos, Subway, and ect. Most of these places are in the Lacey/Olympia area.

EMNofSeattle

nope, never had any problem OCing in any restaurant, although I haven't OC'd at many restaurants, and none of the "higher class" restaurants where the management may be concerned about image, nor any restaurant in a high crime area....

some places I have eaten at while OC....

McDonald's in multiple states, no issues.

Burger King, Taco Bell, Jack in the Box (as you can see I'm a real health nut)

in Port Orchard area we have our monthly meet up at Hideaway Cafe.

Family Pancake House,

I think i've eaten OC at Sharis Cafe (I sometimes OC, sometimes CC I can't remember nor do I care which method of carry i've employed at each place I go)

Subway, in multiple states including WA.

and the Orange Julius and pretzel shop at the Silverdale Mall I've OC'd at.

that about rounds it out, no issues anywhere. unless you're in a upper class eatery, or an extremely liberal area, or somewhere where there is alot of crime and robberies, you're unlikely to ever be given trouble, even then, most places will not bother you if you are a paying customer and don't do things that threaten the staff or customers.....

decklin

Never had an issue oc'ing at any restaurant including some of the "high class" places.
Cc'd into Canlis and Il Bistro then ended up removing my jacket for comfort. In both locations I got up to use the restroom and the employees definitely saw me. There was nothing said and the service did not change.

sudden valley gunner

The only issue I had was at Jalepenos at Barkley. The Jalepenos downtown has never been an issue.

Good encounters at , Olive Garden , Billy McCales, El Gitano, Kyoto Steak house, various sushi restaurants, fast food (not often), Thai restaruants.........all good.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
You are aware of the "friend or Foe" site, no?

http://youtu.be/vtwrnXuCmnM

Just add your zip code and keep the site current.

Welcome to the Friend or Foe web site. This site serves the gun owner community by listing the experiences people have while out and about carrying a firearm for self protection. Individuals across the country use the site to share experiences visiting various places of business for the benefit of the entire gun owner community. Gun owners who Open Carry are especially encouraged to share their experiences as they are obviously more inclined to get a genuine feel for whether gun owners are welcome at the establishment. Those who prefer to carry concealed can help by adding ratings for businesses that they know are friendly or unfriendly, and also by adding ratings for places that are posted with “no guns” or “no weapons” signage.

Freedom1Man

You are aware of the "friend or Foe" site, no?

http://youtu.be/vtwrnXuCmnM

Just add your zip code and keep the site current.

Welcome to the Friend or Foe web site. This site serves the gun owner community by listing the experiences people have while out and about carrying a firearm for self protection. Individuals across the country use the site to share experiences visiting various places of business for the benefit of the entire gun owner community. Gun owners who Open Carry are especially encouraged to share their experiences as they are obviously more inclined to get a genuine feel for whether gun owners are welcome at the establishment. Those who prefer to carry concealed can help by adding ratings for businesses that they know are friendly or unfriendly, and also by adding ratings for places that are posted with “no guns” or “no weapons” signage.

Yes, I checked there FIRST. I have posted on there a few times.

I've noticed that many of the reviews seem to be spam at times though. While this forum is more "personal" and real as I have met a few members from the Washington area.

Also I figured I could get a more real feedback about restaurants here rather than there.

Crazy Pho Cajun in Federal Way has good Pho and, while inquisitive, is rather OC friendly.

EMNofSeattle

Friend or Foe is great concept, but underuse and lack of reporting standards make it of little practical use, plus I don't go out of my way to find OC friendly/neutral businesses, I simply go to a business I need to use in my daily life and if carrying, openly or concealed, I check the door for a gunbuster, and if there is none I go in and frequent the business until asked to leave (I've never been asked to leave)

sirpuma

Silver City Brewery flagship restaurant in Silverdale is VERY gun FRIENDLY. Their brewmeister actually gave my wife and I a free sampler once for my OC. Jimmy Macs in Federal Way has never greeted me with anything but smiles and great service. Every Red Robin I've been in has been gun friendly.

Jeff Hayes

I have never been asked to leave a restaurant in Washington nor have I had any problems in Washington restaurants or for that matter in the other 6 states I regularly OC in. Saw several OCers in restaurants in Arizona the last few weeks, Arizona is great IMHO.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

I have never been asked to leave a restaurant in Washington nor have I had any problems in Washington restaurants or for that matter in the other 6 states I regularly OC in. Saw several OCers in restaurants in Arizona the last few weeks, Arizona is great IMHO.

OC is easy in AZ. The rules were looser than Washington while I was stationed there in 1999-2000

Jeff Hayes

OC is easy in AZ. The rules were looser than Washington while I was stationed there in 1999-2000

Agreed it sure seems to be, I have seen a lot of OC in the last few months that I doubt I will see when I get home. I counted 4 OCers in one restaurant a few weeks ago. I do see quite a few no guns allowed signs on business doors, unlike Washington they do carry weight of law in Arizona.

LarryM

Spokane:

Shari's - OC/CC in there so much that my usual waitresses say something if they don't see me carrying.....

Noodle Factory - no problems...

Outback - no issues...

Black Angus: no problems...