Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: Moms Demanding Action in Oly Friday

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863

    Moms Demanding Action in Oly Friday

    SHOT 2014: It’s a wrap in Las Vegas and there’s action in Olympia

    As the 2014 Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show wraps up today in Las Vegas, Moms Demand Action – Washington will gather this morning to demand action on gun laws, and they just might get what they asked for…

    http://www.examiner.com/article/shot...action-olympia

  2. #2
    Regular Member J1MB0B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    239
    Bet they wont show up on sunday...

  3. #3
    Regular Member badkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Duvall, Washington
    Posts
    330
    I think we had 1000 of people sign up to go to their event today. I hope they planned accordingly.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

  4. #4
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
    I think we had 1000 of people sign up to go to their event today. I hope they planned accordingly.
    I didnt read about the moms plans until noon friday soooo i wasnt there, but...
    I wonder when the 1000 learned about this, and where did they find out about it... guess it was facebook...
    And I wonder if some of those 1000 would please write about the meet,
    how many of us good guys went?
    What were your impressions of the meet, anything special happen?

    I am disappointed that this plan of the moms wasnt reposted for us here, in time to boost our attendance...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  5. #5
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    I didnt read about the moms plans until noon friday soooo i wasnt there, but...
    I wonder when the 1000 learned about this, and where did they find out about it... guess it was facebook...
    And I wonder if some of those 1000 would please write about the meet,
    how many of us good guys went?
    What were your impressions of the meet, anything special happen?

    I am disappointed that this plan of the moms wasnt reposted for us here, in time to boost our attendance...
    It was posted in events 12/19/2013, you even posted there.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...pia-rally-19th
    There were about 70 "Moms not getting action" there.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  6. #6
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    I received this the day before the Moms meet.
    the House Chief Clerks Office is considering adopting a policy regarding Open Carry. I haven't seen the specific language, but expect it to prohibit Open Carry in areas of the Capital. I wanted you to be aware.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    I still like this make fun of them page...
    https://www.facebook.com/unarmed.victims

    Moms demand unarmed victims
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  8. #8
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    It was posted in events 12/19/2013, you even posted there.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...pia-rally-19th
    There were about 70 "Moms not getting action" there.
    ooops,,, you are wrong...

    that thread is about gun rights across america,, sunday, tomorrow.....
    not, moms demand action,,, friday, yesterday
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  9. #9
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    ooops,,, you are wrong...

    that thread is about gun rights across america,, sunday, tomorrow.....
    not, moms demand action,,, friday, yesterday
    Bob! we missed you! everything ok?
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    really? are we so losing the argument that we have to turn everything into a juvenile joke?
    Yes, his freedom to make fun of them is his right why would you be so offended by it?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    I received this the day before the Moms meet.



    Signs are banned?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Signs are banned?
    In the chambers.....yes.
    Live Free or Die!

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    I received this the day before the Moms meet.


    the House Chief Clerks Office is considering adopting a policy regarding Open Carry. I haven't seen the specific language, but expect it to prohibit Open Carry in areas of the Capital. I wanted you to be aware.
    Well, at least part of this "may" have been precipitated by the open carry of long guns.

    As most folks here know, past appearances by guys with sidearms has hardly caused a batted eyelash with the WSP.

    Long guns elicit a completely different reaction. I'll remind people of State v. Spencer, which is explained here pretty well.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,863
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    In the chambers.....yes.

    Yes, that's correct and it has been long standing policy. I cannot imagine anyone pleading ignorance of this rule.

    ADDENDUM: I will be so bold as to suggest that when people consider trotting to Oly, they follow the wise counsel, based on experience and no small amount of grassroots political savvy, from guys like Nick, Bill Starks and Jim Beal.
    Last edited by Dave Workman; 01-19-2014 at 11:53 AM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Yes, that's correct and it has been long standing policy. I cannot imagine anyone pleading ignorance of this rule.

    ADDENDUM: I will be so bold as to suggest that when people consider trotting to Oly, they follow the wise counsel, based on experience and no small amount of grassroots political savvy, from guys like Nick, Bill Starks and Jim Beal.
    They didn't plead ignorance, they knew signs were banned, the MDA wanted to make a point.

    "no signs but guns are OK"

    of course, signs are banned simply for decorum, you can wear a button or patch or pin. just like you can wear a handgun, but someone might stop you if you try wheeling a cannon into the gallery....

    Be smart when visiting Olympia people, last thing we need is an incident in the capitol. the legislature tolerates guns for now, if an incident happens they won't bat an eye to ban it.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  16. #16
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    Just a 'reasonable restriction' on the 1st Amendment. lulz

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    Yes, that's correct and it has been long standing policy. I cannot imagine anyone pleading ignorance of this rule.

    ADDENDUM: I will be so bold as to suggest that when people consider trotting to Oly, they follow the wise counsel, based on experience and no small amount of grassroots political savvy, from guys like Nick, Bill Starks and Jim Beal.
    Several of us tried to offer some advice and were promptly chastised.

    IMHO long gun carry at the capitol is going to end up causing restrictions. At every past rally the organizers Jim, Nick Bill and others have asked people to leave the long guns home. Every time there is a group that pitches a fit about their "rights" and does it any way, IMHO they are a really big problem for normalizing open carry.

    The other problem is the people that spend their time and money to put on the rallies and then make a simple request are getting more and more reluctant to go to the effort because of the lack of respect and the continual complaining about how things are being done. The complaining IMO is for the most part being done by people that contribute nothing to the effort to put on the rallies. These people have chased off the very people that were doing the heavy lifting not to mention they are also the same people that were leading the charge the ones that OC daily not just too a political event.

    Folks we are and have been shooting our selves in the foot we need to get a lot smarter and a lot more united if we are going to continue win this war.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 01-19-2014 at 05:48 PM.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

  18. #18
    Regular Member EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    S. Kitsap, Washington state
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Several of us tried to offer some advice and were promptly chastised.

    IMHO long gun carry at the capitol is going to end up causing restrictions. At every past rally the organizers Jim, Nick Bill and others have asked people to leave the long guns home. Every time there is a group that pitches a fit about their "rights" and does it any way, IMHO they are a really big problem for normalizing open carry.

    The other problem is the people that spend their time and money to put on the rallies and then make a simple request are getting more and more reluctant to go to the effort because of the lack of respect and the continual complaining about how things are being done. The complaining IMO is for the most part being done by people that contribute nothing to the effort to put on the rallies. These people have chased off the very people that were doing the heavy lifting not to mention they are also the same people that were leading the charge the ones that OC daily not just too a political event.

    Folks we are and have been shooting our selves in the foot we need to get a lot smarter and a lot more united if we are going to continue win this war.
    My only complaint with the rifles is the people who bring them and then start handling them around or muzzle flagging people. there seems to be at least 5 or 6 people who seem to have a magnetic attraction to sweeping their muzzle places where it shouldn't go, it's very frustrating, but what can you do about it?

    there seems to be people who need a safety refresher at every event....
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 01-19-2014 at 09:15 PM.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

    NRA Member

  19. #19
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Several of us tried to offer some advice and were promptly chastised.

    IMHO long gun open carry at the capitol is going to end up causing restrictions.
    Change "long gun" to "open" and your logic of your argument is unaffected.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 01-19-2014 at 11:24 PM.

  20. #20
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    Several times today I had to talk to individuals about handling their long guns.

    One guy showed up walking around with a bolt action rifle in his hand, no sling, no trigger guard with a 5 round loop attached to the butt stock. We got him a piece of twine to create a sling.
    One guy though it was a gun show and was showing off his SKS to his friends.
    One guy (not his fault) was standing there on the sidewalk with his single point harness when the plastic clip failed and the AR dropped muzzle first on the concrete and bounced around.

    I don't have an issue with long guns or hand guns at the Capitol but quit treating public places like a damn gun show....... Sling it on your back or holster it and leave it alone, it's not that hard to understand.

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    In the chambers.....yes.

    Oh thank you.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Starks View Post
    Several times today I had to talk to individuals about handling their long guns.

    One guy showed up walking around with a bolt action rifle in his hand, no sling, no trigger guard with a 5 round loop attached to the butt stock. We got him a piece of twine to create a sling.
    One guy though it was a gun show and was showing off his SKS to his friends.
    One guy (not his fault) was standing there on the sidewalk with his single point harness when the plastic clip failed and the AR dropped muzzle first on the concrete and bounced around.

    I don't have an issue with long guns or hand guns at the Capitol but quit treating public places like a damn gun show....... Sling it on your back or holster it and leave it alone, it's not that hard to understand.
    Yeah, was right there when you delt with the guy with the rifle and no sling... I just wanted to cover my face in shame and embarrassment. Common sense just isn't so common anymore and it's going to hurt all of us. All of us are going to make minor mistakes from time to time and the trick is learning from those mistakes so we don't make them again. Even better would be to learn from the mistakes others make. I'm constantly finding myself (when talking with others about my every day carry) making a big point to point at my hip without my hand coming anywhere near my firearm so as not to be mistaken for handling it in a way that could even be considered to be a threatening or alarming way. I feel stupid every time I do it cuz I'm sure it looks totally silly. But I'd rather look silly then get tackled to the ground or shot by some LEO.

    I love open carrying. It's so liberating to open carry. But there is a time and place for long gun open carry and in the middle of downtown Olympia right outside the capital building in the middle of a mess load of other people... I don't think that is the time or place when we are trying to make a point that those of us that open carry are doing so in a nonthreatening and responsible manner...
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Change "long gun" to "open" and your logic of your argument is unaffected.
    Not really. The point that they are making is that those doing LGOC are doing stupid things like flagging others and other things that can actively push people away (like the guy who didn't even have a sling). If the HGOC crowd was doing these things then you would have an argument, but when it is only the LGOC people doing it (as according to them) then your argument falls apart. Because ultimately, it is these stupid actions (flagging people, carrying guns in hand, passing them around, etc) that is the issue.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Aknazer View Post
    Not really. The point that they are making is that those doing LGOC are doing stupid things like flagging others and other things that can actively push people away (like the guy who didn't even have a sling). If the HGOC crowd was doing these things then you would have an argument, but when it is only the LGOC people doing it (as according to them) then your argument falls apart. Because ultimately, it is these stupid actions (flagging people, carrying guns in hand, passing them around, etc) that is the issue.
    It's the same basic argument made by those who do not open carry, against those who do open carry -- that 'in your face' open carry advocacy will result in anti-gun laws being passed (or preemption changed so cities can pass their own laws).

    If you go to enough municipalities or jurisdictions within the state complain about open carry issues to the libraries, parks departments, city councils, police departments, schools, etc, then eventually all the liberals in this state WILL get their act together and do away with open carry of pistols.

    Welcome to the new CA.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Freedom First's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kennewick, Wa.
    Posts
    850
    I didn't hear about the Sunday event until Saturday pm. Damn shame too. I would have brought a van or two of folks from the TriCities if I'd known.

    Then again, we would be carrying rifles. Just like those founders many here revere did back in the day when firearms equated to freedom... Just sayin'.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

    Freedom First 1775

    "I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •