Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 83

Thread: Just to reinforce what we know...JUST SAY NO.

  1. #1
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077

    Just to reinforce what we know...JUST SAY NO.

    Man who gave homeless man 75 cents gets pulled over by police

    http://www.click2houston.com/news/ma...z/-/index.html

    "He's screaming. He's yelling. He's telling me to get out of the car. He's telling me to put my hands on the hood," said Snider.

    Snider said the officer pulled him out of the car, handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police car, as ten more police cars were also pulling up.

    "They're like, 'We saw you downtown. We saw what you did,'" said Snider. "I was like, 'Are you kidding me? I gave a homeless man 75 cents.'"

    Snider said the officer accused him of giving the man drugs. The officer asked to search Snider's car and Snider said he agreed.

    Whoops.

    The officer brought in drug sniffing dogs. Snider said he sat handcuffed for an hour until an officer told him their search turned up no drugs.

    "He said everything was a misunderstanding and that I was free to go," said Snider.

    Dog tore up his car. Cops laugh and say sorry about your luck. Now Snider deals with the thin blue line of silence and resistance.

    Being accountable and responsible for your actions isn't all that hard. I don't think that the police resistance to accountability in what they did to this person is about accountability. Or responsibility.

    It's about power. And control.

    Does that fall under the "protect" part, or the "serve" part?
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,153
    Our apologists' talents here are wasted. Reading the comments on that article, there're vast un-furrowed fields just waiting to ignore them too.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    video cameras. buy them. use them.

  4. #4
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Another Isolated Incident
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  5. #5
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Another Isolated Incident
    I thought I saw that on that FB page...
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I thought I saw that on that FB page...
    Sadly we can ad several a day to that page.

    But hey you know it's just a "few bad apples".
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Sadly we can ad several a day to that page.

    But hey you know it's just a "few bad apples".
    Yeah, the Moms Demand Unarmed Victims page posted a video about some gals being harassed over OC

    Did that make it to the AII page too?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Yeah, the Moms Demand Unarmed Victims page posted a video about some gals being harassed over OC

    Did that make it to the AII page too?
    I'm not sure, I think so. Have had my up and downs this past few months.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Another Isolated Incident
    YES! It is isolated. When you consider the millions of encounters with police, the dozens posted on OCDO, trying to turn it into copwatch, ARE isolated!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    YES! It is isolated. When you consider the millions of encounters with police, the dozens posted on OCDO, trying to turn it into copwatch, ARE isolated!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    LOL...not really. When it's systemic and they get away with it. It is no longer "isolated".

    I guess the raid by 32 cops to seize and destroy evidence of their crimes was not a symptom of the barrel being rotten and was just another isolated incident.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I am not justifying the incident. I am not even commenting on it. I am just commenting on the stupidity of preemptively mocking the possibility that someone might call this isolated incident....um....isolated! Again, it IS isolated. The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous. That some are outrageously NOT does not make them any less isolated.

    Moving on.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  12. #12
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I am not justifying the incident. I am not even commenting on it. I am just commenting on the stupidity of preemptively mocking the possibility that someone might call this isolated incident....um....isolated! Again, it IS isolated. The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous. That some are outrageously NOT does not make them any less isolated.

    Moving on.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

    So you agree it is Another Isolated Incident?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    I have moved on. Your silly question in the face of what I have clearly stated will not drag me back into the quagmire. Again, I have moved on. If you want to know my opinion, it has already been clearly communicated.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  14. #14
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I am not justifying the incident. I am not even commenting on it. I am just commenting on the stupidity of preemptively mocking the possibility that someone might call this isolated incident....um....isolated! Again, it IS isolated. The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous. That some are outrageously NOT does not make them any less isolated.

    Moving on.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Can you substantiate that claim, " The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous."? I have no idea of what evidence you could put forth supporting that contention. SOME believe our police are out of control. There are communities and cities that have lost all accountability of their police to the people they serve.

    How can you maintain the position that there is no problem with our out of control police when the U.S. Department of Justice has investigated and by court order has taken control and restructured over twenty five police departments in major U.S. cities for civil rights violations and corruption?

    Nothing isolated about that. Cincinnati. New York City. Seattle. New Orleans. Miami. Prince George's County Md. There's more. Billions paid out of taxpayer money to cover civil rights violations at the hands of police. Chicago, 64 million. New York City, over a BILLION.

    Further. Who assigned you arbitrator, determining for ME what is a tolerable amount of deceit? A tolerable amount of rape, brutal beatings, killings, terroristic behavior [organized systematic intimidation is terrorism]?

    Do not presume you decide for me what is tolerable. Do not presume to declare for me what shall be an "isolated incident".
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  15. #15
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I am not justifying the incident. I am not even commenting on it. I am just commenting on the stupidity of preemptively mocking the possibility that someone might call this isolated incident....um....isolated! Again, it IS isolated. The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous. That some are outrageously NOT does not make them any less isolated.

    Moving on.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    Please cite. This is a claim that you've made over and over and over again in this and other threads.

    Please cite the study, research, proof. Then how do you define your statement?

    So would you say that most encounters are more like video 1.
    http://youtu.be/K2M891x0oEo

    Or video 2
    http://youtu.be/CVHrpScqHsg
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  16. #16
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I have moved on. Your silly question in the face of what I have clearly stated will not drag me back into the quagmire. Again, I have moved on. If you want to know my opinion, it has already been clearly communicated.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>
    You're not doing a very good job of leaving.

    Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    You're not doing a very good job of leaving.

    Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
    Whereas you have done too good of job. Where have you been, man?

  18. #18
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    You're not doing a very good job of leaving.

    Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
    He does not seem to want to answer the question either.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  19. #19
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,871
    why is it eye if you are not commenting on the subject did you even waste our time and post.

    and again with the cite thing will you get over yourself...you steadfastly refuse to provide cites when you spout rhetoric yet jump up and down demanding cites from other posters...

    opops...forgot...you've moved on huh!!

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 01-18-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  20. #20
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    snip...

    video showing in post
    the police officer objected to a passport presented as identification? really?

    and does anybody know if you must present id in the state this was filmed?

    and does anybody know if once the officer has the id's their hot little hands was their sufficient RAS to run them through the database?

    finally, does anybody know if a complaint was instituted against WalMart as well as with the Law enforcement office(s) including the sheriff's office for them allowing this travesty by the hick policeman?

    shaking my head in disbelief...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  21. #21
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    the police officer objected to a passport presented as identification? really?

    and does anybody know if you must present id in the state this was filmed?

    and does anybody know if once the officer has the id's their hot little hands was their sufficient RAS to run them through the database?

    finally, does anybody know if a complaint was instituted against WalMart as well as with the Law enforcement office(s) including the sheriff's office for them allowing this travesty by the hick policeman?

    shaking my head in disbelief...

    ipse
    Why present IDs at all?

    "Are we doing anything illegal" "I don't know..."
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  22. #22
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Whereas you have done too good of job. Where have you been, man?
    Louisiana working 6-7 days a week. Now I'm back in Texas. How have you been?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    He does not seem to want to answer the question either.
    He's really good at not answering the tough questions.


    Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    Can you substantiate that claim, " The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous."? I have no idea of what evidence you could put forth supporting that contention. SOME believe our police are out of control. There are communities and cities that have lost all accountability of their police to the people they serve.

    How can you maintain the position that there is no problem with our out of control police when the U.S. Department of Justice has investigated and by court order has taken control and restructured over twenty five police departments in major U.S. cities for civil rights violations and corruption?

    Nothing isolated about that. Cincinnati. New York City. Seattle. New Orleans. Miami. Prince George's County Md. There's more. Billions paid out of taxpayer money to cover civil rights violations at the hands of police. Chicago, 64 million. New York City, over a BILLION.

    Further. Who assigned you arbitrator, determining for ME what is a tolerable amount of deceit? A tolerable amount of rape, brutal beatings, killings, terroristic behavior [organized systematic intimidation is terrorism]?

    Do not presume you decide for me what is tolerable. Do not presume to declare for me what shall be an "isolated incident".
    Among other things, personal experience. I have had hundreds of encounters with cops. Only two involved oppressive behavior from the cop. Since that happened because I was OCing, I suspect that I have had a far greater percentage of bad cop encounters than the overwhelming majority of others.

    Oh, and then there is common sense. We know that cops have thousands of interactions with people over the course of a year. Multiply that by even just thousands of cops and you get millions of interactions. The instances posted here are isolated inside those kinds of numbers.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    You're not doing a very good job of leaving.

    Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk
    Let me explain it to you yet again. Maybe you will get it this time. I doubt it, but maybe.

    I moved on from discussing with SVG. FM posted a rational question. I answered it. You posted childishness. I pointed that out. Moving on now from this interaction with you. If FM continues a rational discussion with me, I will not move on from that.

    Do you get it yet?
    Last edited by eye95; 01-18-2014 at 07:00 PM.

  25. #25
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Making baseless assertions backed with only anecdotal evidence and entirely made up numbers. All to attack a strawman.

    I don't give one flying **** how nice you think the cops are toward you, if that cop turns around and violates the next person's rights, they are a bad cop.

    Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •