• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just to reinforce what we know...JUST SAY NO.

Fuller Malarkey

Man who gave homeless man 75 cents gets pulled over by police

http://www.click2houston.com/news/m...on/-/1735978/23954126/-/151paphz/-/index.html

"He's screaming. He's yelling. He's telling me to get out of the car. He's telling me to put my hands on the hood," said Snider.

Snider said the officer pulled him out of the car, handcuffed him and put him in the back of a police car, as ten more police cars were also pulling up.

"They're like, 'We saw you downtown. We saw what you did,'" said Snider. "I was like, 'Are you kidding me? I gave a homeless man 75 cents.'"

Snider said the officer accused him of giving the man drugs. The officer asked to search Snider's car and Snider said he agreed.

Whoops.

The officer brought in drug sniffing dogs. Snider said he sat handcuffed for an hour until an officer told him their search turned up no drugs.

"He said everything was a misunderstanding and that I was free to go," said Snider.

Dog tore up his car. Cops laugh and say sorry about your luck. Now Snider deals with the thin blue line of silence and resistance.

Being accountable and responsible for your actions isn't all that hard. I don't think that the police resistance to accountability in what they did to this person is about accountability. Or responsibility.

It's about power. And control.

Does that fall under the "protect" part, or the "serve" part?

sudden valley gunner

YES! It is isolated. When you consider the millions of encounters with police, the dozens posted on OCDO, trying to turn it into copwatch, ARE isolated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

LOL...not really. When it's systemic and they get away with it. It is no longer "isolated".

I guess the raid by 32 cops to seize and destroy evidence of their crimes was not a symptom of the barrel being rotten and was just another isolated incident.

eye95

I am not justifying the incident. I am not even commenting on it. I am just commenting on the stupidity of preemptively mocking the possibility that someone might call this isolated incident....um....isolated! Again, it IS isolated. The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous. That some are outrageously NOT does not make them any less isolated.

Moving on.

<o>

sudden valley gunner

I am not justifying the incident. I am not even commenting on it. I am just commenting on the stupidity of preemptively mocking the possibility that someone might call this isolated incident....um....isolated! Again, it IS isolated. The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous. That some are outrageously NOT does not make them any less isolated.

Moving on.

<o>

So you agree it is Another Isolated Incident? :p

eye95

I have moved on. Your silly question in the face of what I have clearly stated will not drag me back into the quagmire. Again, I have moved on. If you want to know my opinion, it has already been clearly communicated.

<o>

Fuller Malarkey

Moving on.

<o>

Can you substantiate that claim, " The overwhelming majority of LEO interactions with citizens are lawful and courteous."? I have no idea of what evidence you could put forth supporting that contention. SOME believe our police are out of control. There are communities and cities that have lost all accountability of their police to the people they serve.

How can you maintain the position that there is no problem with our out of control police when the U.S. Department of Justice has investigated and by court order has taken control and restructured over twenty five police departments in major U.S. cities for civil rights violations and corruption?

Nothing isolated about that. Cincinnati. New York City. Seattle. New Orleans. Miami. Prince George's County Md. There's more. Billions paid out of taxpayer money to cover civil rights violations at the hands of police. Chicago, 64 million. New York City, over a BILLION.

Further. Who assigned you arbitrator, determining for ME what is a tolerable amount of deceit? A tolerable amount of rape, brutal beatings, killings, terroristic behavior [organized systematic intimidation is terrorism]?

Do not presume you decide for me what is tolerable. Do not presume to declare for me what shall be an "isolated incident".

Freedom1Man

Moving on.

<o>

Please cite. This is a claim that you've made over and over and over again in this and other threads.

Please cite the study, research, proof. Then how do you define your statement?

So would you say that most encounters are more like video 1.
http://youtu.be/K2M891x0oEo

Or video 2
http://youtu.be/CVHrpScqHsg
[video=youtube_share;CVHrpScqHsg]http://youtu.be/CVHrpScqHsg[/video]

Jack House

I have moved on. Your silly question in the face of what I have clearly stated will not drag me back into the quagmire. Again, I have moved on. If you want to know my opinion, it has already been clearly communicated.

<o>

You're not doing a very good job of leaving.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

solus

why is it eye if you are not commenting on the subject did you even waste our time and post.

and again with the cite thing will you get over yourself...you steadfastly refuse to provide cites when you spout rhetoric yet jump up and down demanding cites from other posters...

opops...forgot...you've moved on huh!!

ipse

Last edited:

solus

snip...

video showing in post

the police officer objected to a passport presented as identification? really?

and does anybody know if you must present id in the state this was filmed?

and does anybody know if once the officer has the id's their hot little hands was their sufficient RAS to run them through the database?

finally, does anybody know if a complaint was instituted against WalMart as well as with the Law enforcement office(s) including the sheriff's office for them allowing this travesty by the hick policeman?

shaking my head in disbelief...

ipse

Freedom1Man

the police officer objected to a passport presented as identification? really?

and does anybody know if you must present id in the state this was filmed?

and does anybody know if once the officer has the id's their hot little hands was their sufficient RAS to run them through the database?

finally, does anybody know if a complaint was instituted against WalMart as well as with the Law enforcement office(s) including the sheriff's office for them allowing this travesty by the hick policeman?

shaking my head in disbelief...

ipse

Why present IDs at all?

"Are we doing anything illegal" "I don't know..."