Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: police wont talk to you ? go to the chiefs house !!

police wont talk to you ? go to the chiefs house !!

Last edited by onus; 01-18-2014 at 09:02 PM.

Centurion
    The source of the linked video sure seems to want to have some stalking/harassment issues. Just stupid in my opinion! Just might end up with a 72 hour hold for a mental health evaluation!---- just saying!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    The source of the linked video sure seems to want to have some stalking/harassment issues. Just stupid in my opinion! Just might end up with a 72 hour hold for a mental health evaluation!---- just saying!
    Why do you think that ? Explain....

Lol chief should have said leave my property. Then as soon as the guy said "well I want to....." snatch. Trespass.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Lol chief should have said leave my property. Then as soon as the guy said "well I want to....." snatch. Trespass.

making sure the ruling elite class can insulate themselves from the lowly subjects ?

Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    making sure the ruling elite class can insulate themselves from the lowly subjects ?
    No making sure a us citizen doesn't get woken up at 1030pm by a dude banging on his door demanding to talk to a resident.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

so any time someone wakes you up you turn them into a criminal ?

you should be a cop

so any time someone wakes you up you turn them into a criminal ?

you should be a cop
    Lol yea that's almost what I said.

Your good at misquoting and spreading misinformation.

You should be the media

Lol yea that's almost what I said.

Your good at misquoting and spreading misinformation.

You should be the media

come on bro. its time for you to man up and tell the truth.

Being a public figure like a Chief of Police makes one no longer a private citizen, so their reasonable expectation of privacy must be somewhat lower than private persons. But, the evening, when many people are sleeping, unless noted to be a night worker, is certainly impolite to demand an audience. Balance between public's interest and the privacy of a well known person must be found.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    No making sure a us citizen doesn't get woken up at 1030pm by a dude banging on his door demanding to talk to a resident.

But it's ok as long as you have a state issued costume and think they might have a gun?

Oh wait my bad, theres no banging (knocking) on doors in that situation.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    But it's ok as long as you have a state issued costume and think they might have a gun?

Oh wait my bad, theres no banging (knocking) on doors in that situation.
    Ba-ZING!

This instance might be an on point argument for protesting the next warrant served after hours in da' chief's jurisdiction.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    No. Everyone, including the "ruling elite" should be able to insulate themselves from nutjobs and harassers. If you can't respect everyone's property rights, you respect no one's!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeV View Post
    Being a public figure like a Chief of Police makes one no longer a private citizen, so their reasonable expectation of privacy must be somewhat lower than private persons. But, the evening, when many people are sleeping, unless noted to be a night worker, is certainly impolite to demand an audience. Balance between public's interest and the privacy of a well known person must be found.
    BS. On his private property, he has the same expectations that you do. Either you respect everyone's property rights, or you respect no one's!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    BS. On his private property, he has the same expectations that you do. Either you respect everyone's property rights, or you respect no one's!
    +1 And that goes doubly for those who give an appearance of deriving their authority from the people.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Yep, tit for tat. Da chief's minions violate their public masters property rights makes them liable to violations of their property rights. Either we are equal or we are not.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

If the shoe were on the other foot, the chief / his agents are at the door demanding an audience and, on being met by the offspring of the desired party they wanted to talk to giving them the stall, there would no longer be a door / entry, the dog would be shot and any elderly present beaten, tased or killed to announce their arrival.

The idea that police should wait until the occupants are asleep and enjoying the expectation of safe, secure rest within the confines of their own home to notify them that there has been a warrant issued permitting a search of the property by ambushing them in a terroristic attack is OK.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/swa...knock-warrant/

I reserve the right to not prescribe to some of your nonsense.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Yet another case where someone is doing something stupid and/or illegal to another person but its OK because the victim is police. So screw em they get what they deserve. Even though obviously this chief has a family that was also woken up and being harassed.

Did anyone see channel 5 out there? Any actual news network? No. Because this was was just another citizen harassing him.

Banned
    I have gone INTO an elected person's house when I wanted to speak to the US Congressman....surprise ! My right to petition is strong.

Not trespassing until they tell you...

Banned
    Yet another case where someone is doing something stupid and/or illegal to another person but its OK because the victim is police. So screw em they get what they deserve. Even though obviously this chief has a family that was also woken up and being harassed.

Did anyone see channel 5 out there? Any actual news network? No. Because this was was just another citizen harassing him.

It is part of the TV mentality. TV shows constantly depict folks breaking laws (laws that protect the rights of others, like laws against theft, assault, and murder), but doing so for a "good" reason. Folks become desensitized to lawbreakers who are doing so for reasons those folks think are "good." Bull. If the chief tells this guy to go away, and he does not, the guy is a thug criminal.

When they do it, it is wrong. When we do it, it is wrong.

Either respect the property rights of everyone, or you respect the property rights of no one!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I have gone INTO an elected person's house when I wanted to speak to the US Congressman....surprise ! My right to petition is strong.

Not trespassing until they tell you...
    More BS bluster. I don't believe you ever.

Centurion
    Why do you think that ? Explain....
    Didn't say that he would GET any of those results with this SINGLE encounter.... but he most likely will with REPEATED ACT OF THE SAME!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    More BS bluster. I don't believe you ever.
    I thought you did not read or reply to my posts? Hmmm.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I thought you did not read or reply to my posts? Hmmm.
    No. I don't reply to your content. I just point out your BS, your bluster, and your awful legal advice. Just making sure that posters assign you only the level of credibility that you deserve.

Done that, so moving on.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast