Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64

Thread: CA gun-grabber makes fool of himself promoting SB 808

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    36

    CA gun-grabber makes fool of himself promoting SB 808

    California State Senator Kevin de Leon made an absolute fool of himself recently while he was promoting his new gun control bill, SB 808. SB 808 would require anyone building a firearm at home (with an 80% receiver, for example) to jump through a bunch of hoops and register a serial number for it. The link below is to a short, humorous video that I put together to highlight the utter idiocy that came out of his mouth when he tried to explain why these "ghost guns" are so dangerous.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0


  2. #2
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    That was epic! Sadly I feel I lost some intelligence just watching that video.

  3. #3
    Regular Member cjohnson44546's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    195
    I want one of those... did he say 30 magazines in half a second!!!! ?? wow!!!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    I want one of those... did he say 30 magazines in half a second!!!! ?? wow!!!
    I think he meant 30 rds/sec .... IF if was fully auto...then the guy would have had to pay $400 in tax for that gun.

    Looks like a perfect home defense gun. What's he complaining about?

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    ... IF if was fully auto...then the guy would have had to pay $400 in tax for that gun...
    $200.

    Machineguns have no separate taxes for barrel lengths.

    Regardless, machineguns aren't legal in the state of CA, except for tax-free cops.
    Last edited by MAC702; 01-19-2014 at 11:01 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  6. #6
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    I'd suggest gathering a bunch of media types and an "approved" firearms expert from ANY of the CA LEO agencies and do a demonstration.....

    But the down side in my opionio is even after the original claim was completely disproved the media and politicians would not change their stance.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Davis County, Utah
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    But the down side in my opionio is even after the original claim was completely disproved the media and politicians would not change their stance.
    I don't doubt that at all.

    They might as well say "I know I said what I did, but you know what I meant. Now pass the darn bill!"

    I have a relative who is like this. Spouts off the most random, far fetched stuff, and fully expects their audience to not only not question them on anything, but to also fully comply with their "suggestion".

    All that can really be done at that point is to say "Not going to happen.", and walk away. Trying to explain things to someone in that mindset only serves to raise the blood pressure of the person explaining, and anger the person that has to hear it, as they are so entrenched in the thought that they are in the right that they often cannot be reasoned with.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690

    The anti-right people going after "Sniper automatic weapons", I did not make that up.

    http://bearingarms.com/sniper-automa...kevin-de-leon/

    FUQ
    “Sniper automatic weapons?”

    AR-15 lower receivers are “gun engines?”

    AR-15s have a “barrel protector?”

    It gets even better at about 5:30 into the video.

    This is a “ghost gun.” This right here has ability with a 30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. 30-magazine clip in half a second….
    I am watching the video and losing what little respect that I might have had for the other side.
    Last edited by Freedom1Man; 01-20-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  9. #9
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson44546 View Post
    I want one of those... did he say 30 magazines in half a second!!!! ?? wow!!!
    He also said that the homemade one would hold a 30 magazine clip.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    $200.

    Machineguns have no separate taxes for barrel lengths.

    Regardless, machineguns aren't legal in the state of CA, except for tax-free cops.
    Hmm. Need 2 stamps? One for SBR and 2nd for auto?

    Still a nice home defense gun.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Making your own gun is americana as apple pie and hot dogs....this guy is a fascist who thinks the gov't can ban a piece of metal.

    And you can make a AR lower with flat metal & a small block so you don't need a 80% lower to complete. Going to outlaw flat & block metal?

    This guy wants to eliminate all guns without a serial number? Many guns have been made by gun manufacturers w/o serial numbers.

    And if you like welding...here's one:
    http://www.theflatspot.net/ar-15-receiver-flat.html

    Here's one to bolt together:
    http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/uploa...t_Receiver.pdf


    Buying a 80% lower just saves some time or makes it only slightly easier.

    And the guy thinks one can finish a 80% lower with a drill bit? He's a moron.


    Want more guns to be serialized? Then eliminate your stupid gun laws.

    People in CA should buy up a ton of 80% lowers, drill 1-1/8" hole in the fire control area and then they are "guns".

  12. #12
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    He also said that the homemade one would hold a 30 magazine clip.
    What's so hard to believe about that? Custom guns can be made to hold almost anything you want:
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 01-20-2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Link and smiley
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  13. #13
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Freedom1Man, there's already a thread on the subject:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...97#post2027397

    But thanks for the longer video, I hadn't seen the full speech. Also, there was so much stupid crammed into the 7 and 1-2 minutes I could bear to watch, I think I lost a few brain cells.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 01-20-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  14. #14
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Freedom1Man, there's already a thread on the subject:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...97#post2027397

    But thanks for the longer video, I hadn't seen the full speech. Also, there was so much stupid crammed into the 7 and 1-2 minutes I could bear to watch, I think I lost a few brain cells.
    Sorry about the double post, I looked for an eye catching title that would have people wanting to look.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  15. #15
    Regular Member SouthernBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,849
    OMG, my head just exploded!! This guy's so full of BS, I hardly know where to start. The dead giveaway is his ignorance of firearms terminology and facts. Calling semi-auto's, automatic and saying the AR-15 is what is issued to troops in the sandbox. And what the heck is a 3-magazine clip? Never heard of that but it must be something because it, along with its "ghost run" have a 3,600 rpm cyclical rate of fire. Now that's something.

    Earlier this morning I saw a short clip of this video on another site and my response to the OP's suggestion that the senator in the video is a politician and people believe what these people say, was this;

    "If you had added the news media, specifically the talking heads types, and the entertainment industry, you would have completed the picture (could also add in some police chiefs as well). The general public is largely ignorant of things gun related so they naturally assume that people like this senator know what they're talking about, as well as the others I added to the list. They take as gospel what these people say.

    And the really sad part is many gun people have also adopted these fallacies as fact. How many times have you heard supposed gun people call box magazines, clips? Or the one that really raises my dander; AR's being called assault rifles... along with the semi-auto AK variants. Gun people are supposed to know better but frankly when you hear them use these terms, you know they have drank the koolaide.

    Make it your business to correct these people whenever given the opportunity... gun people or not. If they're gun people, explain to them that their ignorance only feeds the anti's in their quest for total disarmament."


    If we don't counter this nonsense when we see or hear it, we only help to dig the hole deeper into which our rights will be buried.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

    America First!

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Montmorency Co, MI, ,
    Posts
    34
    Thank you, Sir.

    I wouldnt know how to do that without your 'instruction'.

    Reminds me of 1978 and the Tylenol poisonings. National TV showed how to poison Tylenol, or anything else you choose to. Immediatley thereafter we had several 'copycat' killings that the perps would probably not known how to 'do it' had it not been for the TV..

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Centralia, MO
    Posts
    144
    I know what you mean, my two brother in laws like firearms but they don't know much about them. They just want to own them and look at them. Although I must say, my long gun uses clips....But that is because its a Mosin Nagant. Lol.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om5hipp View Post
    I know what you mean, my two brother in laws like firearms but they don't know much about them. They just want to own them and look at them. Although I must say, my long gun uses clips....But that is because its a Mosin Nagant. Lol.
    Mine too! But it is a little temperamental (and it doesn't help that the clips aren't originals).

    I think it would also be true (use of ACTUAL clips) for owners of certain Mauser rifles as well as the SKS.
    Maybe we should start a support group: "My long gun uses clips, and that's ok".

    OT: this gun has a 7-magazine clip:
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 01-20-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: 7, not 6. My bad.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Hmm. Need 2 stamps? One for SBR and 2nd for auto?
    A registered full-auto can be any barrel length with no need for SBR registration.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    A registered full-auto can be any barrel length with no need for SBR registration.
    Good to know; so if I want a SBR, I'll just make it fully auto !

  21. #21
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Good to know; so if I want a SBR, I'll just make it fully auto !
    You MAY run afoul of certain federal laws related to this.... UNLESS you do have a manufacturer's license as it is completely illegal for a MERE citizen (excluding military or LEO) to make, possess, or own ANY fully auto firearm that was NOT registered with the BATFE prior to a certain date in 1986.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    You MAY run afoul of certain federal laws related to this.... UNLESS you do have a manufacturer's license as it is completely illegal for a MERE citizen (excluding military or LEO) to make, possess, or own ANY fully auto firearm that was NOT registered with the BATFE prior to a certain date in 1986.
    *channeling Claude Rains* I am shocked, SHOCKED that that poster got the law wrong!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Casablanca_ClaudeRains_Shocked.jpg 
Views:	3663 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	11140

  23. #23
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    You MAY run afoul of certain federal laws related to this.... UNLESS you do have a manufacturer's license as it is completely illegal for a MERE citizen (excluding military or LEO) to make, possess, or own ANY fully auto firearm that was NOT registered with the BATFE prior to a certain date in 1986.
    Hold up.

    If I joined the military, OR became a cop... I could buy a full auto without doing the tax stamp, or any class 2/3 forms and waiting times?!

    I wonder which one pays better, military, or LEO.

    Can I opt to wear pink camo into battle if I do the Military?

    Can I opt to wear Pink camo on a raid as a LEO?

    Which one is cheapest to study in order to get a high rank so I can boss people around and commandeer an Apache, and go pew-pew with?
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om5hipp View Post
    I know what you mean, my two brother in laws like firearms but they don't know much about them. They just want to own them and look at them. Although I must say, my long gun uses clips....But that is because its a Mosin Nagant. Lol.
    You use the stripper clip for loading.

    I think that that M1 was the only one that required a clip to be loaded into the magazine.

    BTW you don't need the clip to load a Mosin Nagant, I've never used one.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  25. #25
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    The speech is so dumb, I almost wonder if it was written by a pro gun guy to make this guy look like the asshat he is.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •