• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA gun-grabber makes fool of himself promoting SB 808

David West

California State Senator Kevin de Leon made an absolute fool of himself recently while he was promoting his new gun control bill, SB 808. SB 808 would require anyone building a firearm at home (with an 80% receiver, for example) to jump through a bunch of hoops and register a serial number for it. The link below is to a short, humorous video that I put together to highlight the utter idiocy that came out of his mouth when he tried to explain why these "ghost guns" are so dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJmFEv6BHM0

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... IF if was fully auto...then the guy would have had to pay $400 in tax for that gun...

$200.

Machineguns have no separate taxes for barrel lengths.

Regardless, machineguns aren't legal in the state of CA, except for tax-free cops.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
I'd suggest gathering a bunch of media types and an "approved" firearms expert from ANY of the CA LEO agencies and do a demonstration.....

But the down side in my opionio is even after the original claim was completely disproved the media and politicians would not change their stance.

b0neZ

But the down side in my opionio is even after the original claim was completely disproved the media and politicians would not change their stance.

I don't doubt that at all.

They might as well say "I know I said what I did, but you know what I meant. Now pass the darn bill!"

I have a relative who is like this. Spouts off the most random, far fetched stuff, and fully expects their audience to not only not question them on anything, but to also fully comply with their "suggestion".

All that can really be done at that point is to say "Not going to happen.", and walk away. Trying to explain things to someone in that mindset only serves to raise the blood pressure of the person explaining, and anger the person that has to hear it, as they are so entrenched in the thought that they are in the right that they often cannot be reasoned with.

Freedom1Man

The anti-right people going after "Sniper automatic weapons", I did not make that up.

http://bearingarms.com/sniper-autom...bbing-california-state-senator-kevin-de-leon/

FUQ
“Sniper automatic weapons?”

AR-15 lower receivers are “gun engines?”

AR-15s have a “barrel protector?”

It gets even better at about 5:30 into the video.

This is a “ghost gun.” This right here has ability with a 30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. 30-magazine clip in half a second….

I am watching the video and losing what little respect that I might have had for the other side.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Making your own gun is americana as apple pie and hot dogs....this guy is a fascist who thinks the gov't can ban a piece of metal.

And you can make a AR lower with flat metal & a small block so you don't need a 80% lower to complete. Going to outlaw flat & block metal?

This guy wants to eliminate all guns without a serial number? Many guns have been made by gun manufacturers w/o serial numbers.

And if you like welding...here's one:
http://www.theflatspot.net/ar-15-receiver-flat.html

Here's one to bolt together:
http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/uplo...10-17_131429_AR_15_Scratch_Built_Receiver.pdf

Buying a 80% lower just saves some time or makes it only slightly easier.

And the guy thinks one can finish a 80% lower with a drill bit? He's a moron.

Want more guns to be serialized? Then eliminate your stupid gun laws.

People in CA should buy up a ton of 80% lowers, drill 1-1/8" hole in the fire control area and then they are "guns".

Rusty Young Man

He also said that the homemade one would hold a 30 magazine clip.

What's so hard to believe about that? Custom guns can be made to hold almost anything you want;):p:
[video=youtube;GQpfQd1397E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQpfQd1397E[/video]

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

Freedom1Man, there's already a thread on the subject:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?119781-CA-gun-grabber-makes-fool-of-himself-promoting-SB-808&p=2027397#post2027397

But thanks for the longer video, I hadn't seen the full speech. Also, there was so much stupid crammed into the 7 and 1-2 minutes I could bear to watch, I think I lost a few brain cells:lol:.

Sorry about the double post, I looked for an eye catching title that would have people wanting to look.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
OMG, my head just exploded!! This guy's so full of BS, I hardly know where to start. The dead giveaway is his ignorance of firearms terminology and facts. Calling semi-auto's, automatic and saying the AR-15 is what is issued to troops in the sandbox. And what the heck is a 3-magazine clip? Never heard of that but it must be something because it, along with its "ghost run" have a 3,600 rpm cyclical rate of fire. Now that's something.

Earlier this morning I saw a short clip of this video on another site and my response to the OP's suggestion that the senator in the video is a politician and people believe what these people say, was this;

"If you had added the news media, specifically the talking heads types, and the entertainment industry, you would have completed the picture (could also add in some police chiefs as well). The general public is largely ignorant of things gun related so they naturally assume that people like this senator know what they're talking about, as well as the others I added to the list. They take as gospel what these people say.

And the really sad part is many gun people have also adopted these fallacies as fact. How many times have you heard supposed gun people call box magazines, clips? Or the one that really raises my dander; AR's being called assault rifles... along with the semi-auto AK variants. Gun people are supposed to know better but frankly when you hear them use these terms, you know they have drank the koolaide.

Make it your business to correct these people whenever given the opportunity... gun people or not. If they're gun people, explain to them that their ignorance only feeds the anti's in their quest for total disarmament."

If we don't counter this nonsense when we see or hear it, we only help to dig the hole deeper into which our rights will be buried.

langenc

Thank you, Sir.

I wouldnt know how to do that without your 'instruction'.

Reminds me of 1978 and the Tylenol poisonings. National TV showed how to poison Tylenol, or anything else you choose to. Immediatley thereafter we had several 'copycat' killings that the perps would probably not known how to 'do it' had it not been for the TV..

7om5hipp

I know what you mean, my two brother in laws like firearms but they don't know much about them. They just want to own them and look at them. Although I must say, my long gun uses clips....But that is because its a Mosin Nagant. Lol.

Rusty Young Man

I know what you mean, my two brother in laws like firearms but they don't know much about them. They just want to own them and look at them. Although I must say, my long gun uses clips....But that is because its a Mosin Nagant. Lol.

Mine too! But it is a little temperamental (and it doesn't help that the clips aren't originals).:(

I think it would also be true (use of ACTUAL clips) for owners of certain Mauser rifles as well as the SKS.
Maybe we should start a support group: "My long gun uses clips, and that's ok":lol:.

OT: this gun has a 7-magazine clip:p:
[video=youtube;GQpfQd1397E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQpfQd1397E[/video]

Last edited: