• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA gun-grabber makes fool of himself promoting SB 808

JoeSparky

Centurion
Good to know; so if I want a SBR, I'll just make it fully auto !

You MAY run afoul of certain federal laws related to this.... UNLESS you do have a manufacturer's license as it is completely illegal for a MERE citizen (excluding military or LEO) to make, possess, or own ANY fully auto firearm that was NOT registered with the BATFE prior to a certain date in 1986.

eye95

You MAY run afoul of certain federal laws related to this.... UNLESS you do have a manufacturer's license as it is completely illegal for a MERE citizen (excluding military or LEO) to make, possess, or own ANY fully auto firearm that was NOT registered with the BATFE prior to a certain date in 1986.

*channeling Claude Rains* I am shocked, SHOCKED that that poster got the law wrong!

Casablanca_ClaudeRains_Shocked.jpg

DrakeZ07

Hold up.

If I joined the military, OR became a cop... I could buy a full auto without doing the tax stamp, or any class 2/3 forms and waiting times?!

I wonder which one pays better, military, or LEO.

Can I opt to wear pink camo into battle if I do the Military?

Can I opt to wear Pink camo on a raid as a LEO?

Which one is cheapest to study in order to get a high rank so I can boss people around and commandeer an Apache, and go pew-pew with?

Freedom1Man

I know what you mean, my two brother in laws like firearms but they don't know much about them. They just want to own them and look at them. Although I must say, my long gun uses clips....But that is because its a Mosin Nagant. Lol.

You use the stripper clip for loading.

I think that that M1 was the only one that required a clip to be loaded into the magazine.

BTW you don't need the clip to load a Mosin Nagant, I've never used one.

eye95

Hold up.

If I joined the military, OR became a cop... I could buy a full auto without doing the tax stamp, or any class 2/3 forms and waiting times?!...

I think you are misreading what is being said. The military/LEO exception is because they routinely use firearms that ordinary citizens cannot possess (or would have to jump through hoops to possess) on the job. The exception would not apply to non-duty related purchases.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Hold up.

If I joined the military, OR became a cop... I could buy a full auto without doing the tax stamp, or any class 2/3 forms and waiting times?...

No. Joining the military doesn't let you do anything that the military doesn't give you.

Being a cop means you can buy one, though, if you get permission from the department and they use official letterhead to authorize it for your job.

DrakeZ07

I think you are misreading what is being said. The military/LEO exception is because they routinely use firearms that ordinary citizens cannot possess (or would have to jump through hoops to possess) on the job. The exception would not apply to non-duty related purchases.

So, theoretically speaking, if someone was to get a job as an unpaid county constable, which depending on the county/state they're in, can mean they are taken to be on-duty all the time, could still get a full auto without going through the hoops to possess/buy/own, and because most constabulary positions have no central office, could be kept in the vehicle, or in the home, for the duration of their appointment/election as constable, right?

On a side note, since when is a LEO ever really 'off duty'? I've never met, or seen a LEO, who has acted, talked, or treated someone differently, be they on or off 'duty'. More than a few times, I've seen an off-duty officer flip a badge and make an arrest, or do an on-duty 'official thing'. I wonder if there are any legal precedents that concur that a LEO is never really off-duty, because of the perceived all encompassing authoritah that the office/title 'bestows'; or if there are any precedents that draw a clear line as to when a LEO is on the job, and acts within the line of duty, and when they are off-duty and any actions of an on-duty way can be taken as unlawfully executed.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...if someone was to get a job as an unpaid county constable...

Yes, this qualifies, if you get that letter of authorization on official letterhead from the department or recognized state official.

DrakeZ07

No. Joining the military doesn't let you do anything that the military doesn't give you.

Being a cop means you can buy one, though, if you get permission from the department and they use official letterhead to authorize it for your job.

Man! I was hoping the Military would have softened up in the last couple of decades. What's a LAC gotta do to get a .gov job [and play with full autos] without all the hard work of military, and specific college degrees that costs tens of thousands of dollars.

Starting to think the Government doesn't want us lower middle-class [or the poor] to be able to have/play with full autos! What a shame.

Yes, this qualifies, if you get that letter of authorization on official letterhead from the department or recognized state official.

Oh! Awesome! If only I could convince the County Judge/Exec to fire his Cousin, and put me in his place. Besides, Constables are exempt from the mandatory yearly PT that other LEOs go through. xD

Last edited:

jimstracn

Ghost Gun! Sweet.

I want one. It shoots ghosts. How handy is that?
Looks way more efficient then those back pack things the Ghost Busters use!

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Hold up.

If I joined the military, OR became a cop... I could buy a full auto without doing the tax stamp, or any class 2/3 forms and waiting times?!

I wonder which one pays better, military, or LEO.

Can I opt to wear pink camo into battle if I do the Military?

Can I opt to wear Pink camo on a raid as a LEO?

Which one is cheapest to study in order to get a high rank so I can boss people around and commandeer an Apache, and go pew-pew with?

Not quite---

must be military owned and issued to the serviceperson.... how else could the military have all those M4's, and gatlin gun varients legally without this exclusion. And for LEO--- must be only on approval of department (I believe purchased BY the department) and once you are no longer an active officer, become unemployed, or retire the officer cannot legally possess these types of weapons anymore.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yeah a machine gun is a machine gun no matter the length of barrel. I still do not know why sbr's are illegal.

Under federal law they are not ... you just need to pay the man for the permission to own one.

(at least to be in compliance with an unconstitutional law)

eye95

So, theoretically speaking, if someone was to get a job as an unpaid county constable, which depending on the county/state they're in, can mean they are taken to be on-duty all the time, could still get a full auto without going through the hoops to possess/buy/own, and because most constabulary positions have no central office, could be kept in the vehicle, or in the home, for the duration of their appointment/election as constable, right?

On a side note, since when is a LEO ever really 'off duty'? I've never met, or seen a LEO, who has acted, talked, or treated someone differently, be they on or off 'duty'. More than a few times, I've seen an off-duty officer flip a badge and make an arrest, or do an on-duty 'official thing'. I wonder if there are any legal precedents that concur that a LEO is never really off-duty, because of the perceived all encompassing authoritah that the office/title 'bestows'; or if there are any precedents that draw a clear line as to when a LEO is on the job, and acts within the line of duty, and when they are off-duty and any actions of an on-duty way can be taken as unlawfully executed.

I would check your State law. Constables might not be considered LEOs.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Yeah a machine gun is a machine gun no matter the length of barrel. I still do not know why sbr's are illegal.

SBR's are illegal because there was language making them illegal in the 1968 federal law (I think this was the year of this law) that was passed by congress and signed by the president.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
30 rounds in half a second?? Did anyone question this guy on this little slip up? That equates to 3,600 rpm! Not possible! A single barrel, bolt driven, gas operated rifle firing at 3,600 rounds per minute??? And I bet the press gobbled this up and believed every word of it.

KYKevin

If you think the politician is really stupid think about what the people who voted for him are like.

P.S. I have a huge overstock of ghost guns. If you send me an ar 15 or an ak 47 in trade I will mail a ghost gun back to you. Be careful opening the box. you will need one of those ghost finding thingamajigs they use on tv shows. The ghost gun comes with an upgraded 100 rd magazine clip, rocket launcher, scary barrel shroud, A unique camo paint that makes the gun invisible and a folding retractable stock. WARNING: Not responsible for lost or misplaced ghost guns.