• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OOPs wrong store...

Sheldon

from http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...before-police-could-even-respond-he-was-dead/ video also...

Gunman Bursts Into Dollar Store and Threatens to Kill Everyone – Before Police Could Even Respond, He Was Dead

An armed man entered a Orrville, Ala., Dollar General on Thursday, waved his gun in the air and threatened to kill everyone, AL.com reports. Though motive is unclear, he never got the chance to hurt anyone because a customer carrying a concealed handgun neutralized him with a deadly shot.

Dallas County Sheriff Harris Huffman Jr. told WSFA-TV that the gunman held a cashier and customer at gunpoint, forcing them toward a break room area. It was at this point that the customer reportedly drew his firearm and shot the suspect one time in the chest. The entire incident took less than five minutes, police say.

The gunman was pronounced dead on the scene.

The sheriff said the customer is not currently facing any charges over the shooting death, however, investigators are working to confirm he had a valid concealed carry permit. Open carry is legal in Alabama, but a permit is required to carry a concealed handgun.

DrakeZ07

I'm curious if the No Open Carry, but OKAY on CC, is store specific, or if it's corporate policy, as I've never seen DG stores with any such signing in KY, TN, OK, and TX, but have seen one store in Nebraska have such a sign. Sorry to go off topic, that caught my attention~