Thread: Arsenal The Strike One

Arsenal The Strike One

Shot show 2014. WOW

The Strike One looks to be a serious game changer in the pistol world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mBvtD-09Oi4
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

If what the claims made in the videos (and by the company representatives) are accurate, that should be one inherently TIGHT action. It's like sliderails2

I'm not a mechanical engineer by any means, so I can't say much about the function and all, but I'm a little wary of the whole trigger safety they adopted for the Striker One. Anyone care to weigh in on how reliable the system may be as opposed to probability of it jamming when you try a less-than-perfect trigger pull (as occurs in SD scenarios)?
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    If what the claims made in the videos (and by the company representatives) are accurate, that should be one inherently TIGHT action. It's like sliderails2

I'm not a mechanical engineer by any means, so I can't say much about the function and all, but I'm a little wary of the whole trigger safety they adopted for the Striker One. Anyone care to weigh in on how reliable the system may be as opposed to probability of it jamming when you try a less-than-perfect trigger pull (as occurs in SD scenarios)?
    Ultimately, what will decide its fate, is the public's acceptance = love it, hate it, or just another gun.

Factors on that short list will include:
    How it looks - I'm not particularly impressed.
    Reliability - it must go bang every time, not most of the time.
    How it feels - ergonomics.
    Price, variants, and options.

Felt recoil reduction if dramatic will be a big plus.
    I'm not a big fan of the trigger design.

Have they built a better mousetrap - time will tell.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Ultimately, what will decide its fate, is the public's acceptance = love it, hate it, or just another gun.

Yes time well tell I don't buy guns from new start up companies Their failure rate is to high.

I know some one has to but it well not be me.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Strike One comparative high speed video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOirbcsCQ1o

It seems it could be a really cool pistol if their claims are true and time will tell.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Here's my thoughts:
    Don't mean to sound gun-ist, but all Glocktastic polymer-framed guns kinda look the same to me.
    I would like for this pistol to be subjected to the test used for the CZ SP-01. THAT should be a reliable () indicator of how dependable this gun is.
    I am not a fan of the grip angle on this gun (I call it Glocktastic), Glocks, XDs, etc. They just feel "off".
    Let's hope they keep the price under $700 and eventually chamber one for .45 ACP die-hards (I kid, though I may be one?).

Either way, I'll admit to itching for a chance to fire one, even if I'm not willing to buy one (nor have the funds to do so). What gets me is how low that chamber axis is. From what little physics I know, that would be a huge plus in terms of reducing perceived recoil and barrel rise (something to do with fulcrums and their location relative to the force being applied). And if they have an aluminum-framed one, which should be a little heavier, recoil should be even less in that variant.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 01-20-2014 at 01:01 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Ugly gun. How many "Gens" are in this gun's future.

Looks~~mehhhh!

Reliability, price, and how it feels will determine if it is a winner. How fast it cycles is not a factor for most people. My well worn Star is not pretty, but both my wife and I love it. Shame they are no longer manufactured. I would like to see a gun actually manufactured for women. Single stack, slim frame, single action for short fingers. Hey I just described the Star.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

What's the target market? Is it the competitive shooting world? Seems like it would fit it really well in a USPSA/IPSC market. If that's the case, looks mean nothing. The only thing that matters is will it make the competitor a faster shooter. Lower recoil axis means faster follow up shots. Faster cycling means it ready quicker. Last, is it reliable? If it can make it through a course of fire without malfunction, it's fine.

IF this thing does all that, it will be a big hit on the competitive circles.

I really hope they fix that front sight in their official selling points video:

They are just trying to show that even cross-eyed people can shoot straight with this new wonder pistol. I like it (minus skewed sights)... I wouldn't buy one until they had been on the market for at least a year though...just in case.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi