Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: A good enounter with a police officer

  1. #1
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690

    A good enounter with a police officer

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...m-video-viral/

    FUQ
    A Texas police officer was patrolling the streets of Rosenburg Saturday when he noticed a young boy playing ball by himself. He decided to do something about it.

    The officer can be seen in a dash-camera video stopping his car and it appears he says a few words to the boy, who walks off screen.

    The next thing you see is the kid running, attempting to catch the football the officer has just tossed for him. The child returns the ball to the officer, who then tosses the kid another pass.

    The two appear to play catch for a bit, reportedly as part of efforts by authorities to reach out young people in the community.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    "efforts by authorities to reach out to young people..."
    cop initiates the incident.
    video is the cop's dash cam.

    Hmmm...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    A few thoughts......

    The cop is a good guy because his department issued a mandate to play with kids and he followed orders.

    I play with kids all the time and I do it for free. I even give them spare equipment like basketballs, footballs, tennis raquets.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    "efforts by authorities to reach out to young people..."
    cop initiates the incident.
    video is the cop's dash cam.

    Hmmm...
    I am not saying positive encounters don't happen. I just try to be minimally biased.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    I'm sure the tax-victims of Rosenburg, TX will be gratified to know the police are spending time and money on public-relations with minors.

    Perhaps the same officer could write an essay calling for the abolition of the Blue Wall of Silence; and, get it published nationally.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Good post freedom. +1

    Lol to the bigots

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Just musing out loud:

    What would have happened if the kid had stumbled and been injured trying to catch a bad pass?

    Police are allowed to interact with minors without parental awareness? Way too many things to go wrong, even with the best intentions.

    @Primus: Bigots? For being skeptical? Is that your cop dichotomy kicking in? I thought you were above that.
    Last edited by MAC702; 01-19-2014 at 11:09 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    An isolated instance. We all know that 99.9% of cops are thugs.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  9. #9
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Just musing out loud:

    What would have happened if the kid had stumbled and been injured trying to catch a bad pass?

    Police are allowed to interact with minors without parental awareness? Way too many things to go wrong, even with the best intentions.

    @Primus: Bigots? For being skeptical? Is that your cop dichotomy kicking in? I thought you were above that.
    For being skeptical that a police officer happens to stop and throw a ball with a kid? Correct.

    I stopped this past summer and play designate qb for about 10 for a group of kids. No dash cam and no "orders" from higher. I happen to be a father and enjoy playing sports with kids.

    To be "skeptical" solely based on a persons occupation is the epitome of bigotry. What the video was of a plumber throwing a ball? A Comcast guy at a installation? It would NEVER illicit this type of "skepticism". It would never be "oh the plumbing company orders them to do it!" Or "dashcam on Comcast it was staged!"

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    idaho
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    An isolated instance. We all know that 99.9% of cops are thugs.

    I agree with Eye on this one. However, I think its more like 99.87% are thugs.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    It was the same for the video posted of the positive OC encounter. The cup stopped and talked to the guys outside the store.

    Half the guys here said hey good on them for being so decent.... the other half were pissed about the blue lights being on or any thing they could find. Even though the dudes in the video were happy.

    This probably made this kids friggin week. He got to throw a ball around with a cop. He knew the guy was working and he stopped. I wonder whtbthat kid wants to be when he grows up..... 100 says not a Comcast guy ( no offense to them)

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  12. #12
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    It was the same for the video posted of the positive OC encounter. The cup stopped and talked to the guys outside the store.

    Half the guys here said hey good on them for being so decent.... the other half were pissed about the blue lights being on or any thing they could find. Even though the dudes in the video were happy.

    This probably made this kids friggin week. He got to throw a ball around with a cop. He knew the guy was working and he stopped. I wonder whtbthat kid wants to be when he grows up..... 100 says not a Comcast guy ( no offense to them)

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    OC encounters are almost ALWAYS unwanted. The only positive OC encounters with officers are ones that I've initiated.

    All others have been unwanted, and thus, negative.

    The child in this video wanted someone to play catch with.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by onus View Post
    I agree with Eye on this one. However, I think its more like 99.87% are thugs.
    No you don't. I was being sarcastic. You are being serious.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

    <o>

  14. #14
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Anybody notice how the statists are gung-ho on kids--until they grow up. Then its tax, tax, tax, regulate, regulate, regulate. Same person, just older.

    Ten years from now that kid in the OP will be fodder for DUI roadblocks, pretext stops, etc., etc, etc.

    But, today, Mr. Policeman is playing ball with him.

    If he had a heart, that cop would take the kid aside and say, "Hey, Timmy. Let me tell you how it really is with some police officers..."
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-19-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    For being skeptical that a police officer happens to stop and throw a ball with a kid? Correct.

    I stopped this past summer and play designate qb for about 10 for a group of kids. No dash cam and no "orders" from higher. I happen to be a father and enjoy playing sports with kids.

    To be "skeptical" solely based on a persons occupation is the epitome of bigotry. ...
    Where do you get the assumption that I care this was a cop? I'd have been just as skeptical if it had been ANY person who's agency had told him to reach out to young people, and then he happened to get himself on his own dash cam playing ball.

    I give you a LOT of fair play here. You earned it. But you are way wrong making assumptions about why I show there is cause for skepticism.

    Stick to the facts I bring up and stop trying to impute motives.

    So, I ask again. What would have happened had this kid been injured while this cop was playing with him without his parent's knowing about it?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  16. #16
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    I smell a staged PR stunt. Seems there's some scandal and potential corruption bubbling in Rosenberg....

    http://www.fortbendstar.com/2014/01/...burner-011514/

    "Rosenberg police are famous for their social media presence. The department boasts 15,000 Facebook followers"

    http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...ne-5125104.php

    If it is a stunt, they put more effort into it than Oakland did...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat1.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	11139
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  17. #17
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Where do you get the assumption that I care this was a cop? I'd have been just as skeptical if it had been ANY person who's agency had told him to reach out to young people, and then he happened to get himself on his own dash cam playing ball.

    I give you a LOT of fair play here. You earned it. But you are way wrong making assumptions about why I show there is cause for skepticism.

    Stick to the facts I bring up and stop trying to impute motives.

    So, I ask again. What would have happened had this kid been injured while this cop was playing with him without his parent's knowing about it?
    Mac are you sure he did it was because he was ordered to? It says "effort to reach out to young people" doesn't say it was mandatory order at roll call " go stage a ball throw with a kid". We don't k kw either way. The guy could have made it a stunt or the guy could have really just wanted to throw the ball.

    Also the youth is a huge part of community policing. The youth are some of the most dangerous (like 15-21) and susceptible to gangs, drugs, etc. They should be focused on.

    I do apologize if tour NOT just being skeptical because its police. I mean that. I jumped to that conclusion based on many of the comments not just yours. Again if that's not your stance/motivation then I'm wrong and I apologize.

    If that kid would have been hurt I have no idea. I would hope nothing would happen. It was a nice gesture to stop and help the kid. The kid was happy. Not sure why we aren't focusing on that portion. The kid was happy so why is anyone else upset?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  18. #18
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Also... anyone think maybe the camera was like in case the did get hurt or something happened? As like a cya so he could say "look IRS on video I didn't do (insert evil accusation)"

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  19. #19
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Also... anyone think maybe the camera was like in case the did get hurt or something happened? As like a cya so he could say "look IRS on video I didn't do (insert evil accusation)"

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Are YOU really asking us to speculate as to WHY this officer choose to have this camera activated while he participated in this activity?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  20. #20
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Also... anyone think maybe the camera was like in case the did get hurt or something happened? As like a cya so he could say "look IRS on video I didn't do (insert evil accusation)"

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    The camera is the only reason it looks staged. If there had been a complaint against the officer the recording would have been no where to be found....

    Or there would never have been a camera or the camera would have been broken/stopped working/out of storage space and did not catch the encounter.....
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  21. #21
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573
    Guys the more you feed a stray dog the longer it will stay....just saying...want it to stop howling & crapping outside your door? Since we can't (and most wouldn't ) shoot it like the police would...just let it go hungry...it will slink away to be some else's problem.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-20-2014 at 01:18 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  22. #22
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Are YOU really asking us to speculate as to WHY this officer choose to have this camera activated while he participated in this activity?
    I'm.not asking you to do anything. I'm losing it as a general question to everyone. So far EVERYTHING put forth has been speculation lol

    The only fact we have is a cop stopped and threw a ball for a kid a few times and the kid was happy. That's it. Everything else from "its staged" to "oh he did it because he was ordered to" is ALL speculation.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  23. #23
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    The kid looked nervous as hell, waiting at the curb for the cop to pull up and they do the toss the ball thing. Poor kid was prolly wondering what to do if he missed the ball. If he turned his back and ran way from the cop for the ball, would he be shot up?

    John Wayne Gacy wore a funny suit and put effort into entertaining kids.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  24. #24
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Guys the more you feed a stray dog the longer it will stay....just saying...want it to stop howling & crapping outside your door? Since we can't (and most wouldn't ) shoot it like the police would...just let it go hungry...it will slink away to be some else's problem.
    And what/who would you say is the stray dog that should be starved?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  25. #25
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    I'm.not asking you to do anything. I'm losing it as a general question to everyone. So far EVERYTHING put forth has been speculation lol

    The only fact we have is a cop stopped and threw a ball for a kid a few times and the kid was happy. That's it. Everything else from "its staged" to "oh he did it because he was ordered to" is ALL speculation.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Actually, the kid being happy is speculation, isn't it? We have no idea what duress he was under to cooperate in this event. He may of just been happy that it was over.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •