• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A good enounter with a police officer

FreeInAZ

Guys the more you feed a stray dog the longer it will stay....just saying...want it to stop howling & crapping outside your door? Since we can't (and most wouldn't ) shoot it like the police would...just let it go hungry...it will slink away to be some else's problem. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Primus

Are YOU really asking us to speculate as to WHY this officer choose to have this camera activated while he participated in this activity?

I'm.not asking you to do anything. I'm losing it as a general question to everyone. So far EVERYTHING put forth has been speculation lol

The only fact we have is a cop stopped and threw a ball for a kid a few times and the kid was happy. That's it. Everything else from "its staged" to "oh he did it because he was ordered to" is ALL speculation.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Fuller Malarkey

The kid looked nervous as hell, waiting at the curb for the cop to pull up and they do the toss the ball thing. Poor kid was prolly wondering what to do if he missed the ball. If he turned his back and ran way from the cop for the ball, would he be shot up?

John Wayne Gacy wore a funny suit and put effort into entertaining kids.

Primus

Guys the more you feed a stray dog the longer it will stay....just saying...want it to stop howling & crapping outside your door? Since we can't (and most wouldn't ) shoot it like the police would...just let it go hungry...it will slink away to be some else's problem. :rolleyes:

And what/who would you say is the stray dog that should be starved?

Fuller Malarkey

I'm.not asking you to do anything. I'm losing it as a general question to everyone. So far EVERYTHING put forth has been speculation lol

The only fact we have is a cop stopped and threw a ball for a kid a few times and the kid was happy. That's it. Everything else from "its staged" to "oh he did it because he was ordered to" is ALL speculation.

Actually, the kid being happy is speculation, isn't it? We have no idea what duress he was under to cooperate in this event. He may of just been happy that it was over.

Fuller Malarkey

And what/who would you say is the stray dog that should be starved?

Maybe it's one of those "if the foo sh_ts, wear it" things.......

I think starvation would be choice rather than something inflicted.....as another statist here puts it, you can always move on.

Last edited:

Primus

Maybe it's one of those "if the foo sh_ts, wear it" things.......

I think starvation would be choice rather than something inflicted.....as another statist here puts it, you can always move on.

You care to answer the question? I mean since your injecting yourself into it?

Maverick9

If that kid would have been hurt I have no idea. I would hope nothing would happen. It was a nice gesture to stop and help the kid. The kid was happy. Not sure why we aren't focusing on that portion. The kid was happy so why is anyone else upset?

Just an editorial comment here.

I generally find myself 'cheering on' Fuller Malarkey, and scowling at Primus, but here I think Fuller is over the top.

AND, like his politics or POV or NOT, Primus has been a real GENTLEMAN on here for the most part. He even concedes a point or tries to see the other side.

Now, back to the bickering, gentlemen. :)

Last edited:

eye95

I generally find myself 'cheering on' Fuller Malarkey, and scowling at Primus, but here I think Fuller is over the top.

AND, like his politics or POV or NOT, Primus has been a real GENTLEMAN on here for the most part. He even concedes a point or tries to see the other side.
[emphasis mine]

A point I have raised numerous times.

OCDO used to be a place that welcomed dissent and simply refuted it. Now, there is a cadre that feels it must descend in large numbers on all who dare dispute the dogma, and destroy them personally. I miss the old OCDO, ya know, the one that was founded by geniuses...?

The greatest tool we Liberty-lovers have is our rationality. When we abandon that rationality, we become them.

Maverick9

Sometimes I'll take at face value that which is placed before me. If the facts change, I'll change.

IMO, it probably happened, then when the Com heard about it they 'reshot it', but true to the events.

I mean it looks staged in the video, but I can't believe they'd stoop that low. I mean really It happens. Cops do talk to me at gun shows, and get this, they're funny, helpful, nice and one helped me personally, in terms of 'call me if you get jammed up about carrying'.

That was real. I think most people here who DO go to gunshows could relate the same kind of encounter. In fact the Staties here who do it look almost like they're about to fall asleep as people walk by with arm loads of equipment, rifles, cart load 'o gunz. I had to laugh and said to my friend, I guess the cops around here know how armed up everyone is (it's a formerly rural area that is getting developed - Sheriff's Dept (who are hired, not appointed), not City Police (who are appointed)). But even the majority of State Police here aren't that bad - at least the handful I've met at the Shows.

FWIW

OC for ME

Another instance of "no good deed shall go unpunished."

I suspect that the kid was not too interested in the motives of the cop, and neither am I.....in this particular instance.

sudden valley gunner

Another instance of "no good deed shall go unpunished."

I suspect that the kid was not too interested in the motives of the cop, and neither am I.....in this particular instance.

I agree with you on this one.

Although I am skeptical about the motives, both had a good time and the cop was busy doing something useful for a change.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I agree with you on this one.

Although I am skeptical about the motives, both had a good time and the cop was busy doing something useful for a change.

I wonder if the PD sought permission from the child's parents to use the video?

ETA: On second thought, the kid isn't particularly identifiable in the video, so I guess its a moot point.

Last edited:

eye95

I thought we had this discussion some months or years ago. Events in public, even involving minors, don't need permission to be videoed or shown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Fuller Malarkey

I make no apology for assessing the video a hoax, a PR stunt geared towards gaining some kind of public trust that can be abused.

A REAL gentleman doesn't engage in the antics Princess engages in. A smarmy POS engages in those behaviors. Gentlemen don't whine, and Princess is a whiner.

eye95

A gentleman calls other posters by their actual screen names. Smarmy POSes make up names to use instead of the poster's real name. You, sir, are no gentleman.

But thank you for so graphically illustrating the point that was being made!!! Moving on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

Fuller Malarkey

Thanks. Yes, indeed. But how do they decide which dash-cam videos to post, and why to Facebook, why not on the department/community's own website?

Let me venture a guess. Could it be because they are paying cops to work the social medias to build support that might offset their abuses and violations? To down play the tarnish and corruption?

There is a trend in law enFORCEment to use whatever means available to promote and disperse their propaganda. This video is just another one of the means. it carries a message, and the message will vary depending on who views it. "You can trust us talking to your kids, we're not setting them up to milk them for information, or grooming them as snitches". Any bets officer wonderful doesn't come back when the camera isn't rolling to express his concern for this disadvantaged, lonely boy who's life was just dramatically changed by this compassionate act by officer wonderful?

This video is not evidence of the existence of "good cops". It's propaganda.