Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuomo says that christians are not fit to live in NYC

Banned

Cuomo says that christians are not fit to live in NYC

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...e-in-new-york/

http://nypost.com/2014/01/20/gop-bla...conservatives/

Cuomo made his breathtaking remarks during a radio interview Friday as he discussed the widening Republican rift between moderates, whose support he’s seeking in his re-election campaign, and conservatives, whom he characterized as anti-abortion, anti-gay rights and pro-traditional gun ownership.

“Who are they?” asked Cuomo of the Republicans.

“Are they these extreme conservatives, who are right to life, pro-assault weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that is who they are and if they are extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York.’

Nice move Cuomo, showing your true self..I don't know why his GOP opponents are asking for him to apologize .. he stated his position. Let people know he abhors Christians and people can vote knowing his political opinion.

His grandparents, from Italy, must be so proud of his attack against Christians and Catholics which they likely were.

A priest would likely say that its sad that he did not obtain the gift of faith yet and that he would pray from him to obtain it.

What's anything Cuomo said got to do with Christians?
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    What's anything Cuomo said got to do with Christians?
    Here we go.

How about we just say that if this guy believes what he has said then Christians would very likely be among those that he feels are somehow unfit to live in New York, and not send the whole thread down a rabbit trail
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 01-20-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Here we go.

How about we just say that if this guy believes what he has said then Christians would very likely be among those that he feels are somehow unfit to live in New York, and not send the whole thread down a rabbit trail
    I'm pretty sure not all Christians are conservative, and not all conservatives are Christians. Yeah, Cuomo has stuck his foot in his mouth, and yeah, the hypocrisy is stunning, but at least he's being honest. And no, I don't agree with what he said, and no, I don't have a problem with having either homophobes, or homosexuals as neighbors. Whether pro-life or pro-choice I'll treat you as an individual.

I just want to point out that the thread title was meant as nothing other than inflammatory.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Cumo is a liberal and thus inflaming him is of little consequence. Cumo did not stick his foot in his mouth, politicians such as he know exactly what they are saying and have zero inclination to be accommodating of "opposing points of views." Tolerance in his dictionary has his picture next to it.....or, he wishes it were so.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Well according to the theories of some that would mean christians should just leave New York then because by remaining their they consent to that ideology.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Being New York, and thus New Yorkers (not the NYC New Yorkers) they are disenfranchised like many of their fellow NY citizens. Anyway, where must they go? Where can they go?

They must go to the South before they even start to smell liberty. I'm sure there are a great many Southerners, like myself, who have had enough yankees invade the South. Send them to Ohio, or Michigan, maybe Wisconsin, even Missouri, but not the South.....were full.

Banned
    It has become a typical, and unfortunate, technique around here to make thread titles that are totally unsubstantiated by the OP.

The pro-life movement was lost the second they accepted the abortionists terminology. If you believe children should not be murdered in the womb then just say you are anti-baby-murder. It makes the point much more clear and doesn't leave the murderers with such a positive feeling each time they are confronted with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The NY Gov is simply another tyrant that can't stand anyone that doesn't believe in the same principles that he believes in.

I hope all the hard working tax paying business owners that he claims should not be in HIS state take their business elsewhere, somewhere, where they are appreciated for paying taxes and employing other hard working tax paying citizens..

This Gov and HIS anti American anti 2A comments should go to hell.

My .02

Regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Centurion
    RINO and BigGovernment Liberal demonstration of "tolerance---- YOU tolerate my view, don't express anything we don't agree with or tell you to say and you too can be tolerant, MAYBE!"
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 01-21-2014 at 12:03 AM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    It has become a typical, and unfortunate, technique around here to make thread titles that are totally unsubstantiated by the OP.
    You are free to write your own threads...this is not the Pulitzer Prize contest.

"Christians" are portrayed by the liberal left - and their media lackeys - as being "bitter, bible-thumping, gun-toting, intolerant hicks." Although the citizens of NY generally don't meet the working definition of "hicks" (especially them thar NYC slickers), NY's Christian gun owners could still be batting .750. Perhaps they are bitter due to the name-calling, and are intolerant of those who wish to diminish/deny their 2A RKBA. Maybe they thump their bibles instead of busting empty lefty heads. Pax...
    Last edited by Gil223; 01-21-2014 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Typo...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    "Christians" are portrayed by the liberal left - and their media lackeys - as being "bitter, bible-thumping, gun-toting, intolerant hicks." Although the citizens of NY generally don't meet the working definition of "hicks" (especially them thar NYC slickers), NY's Christian gun owners could still be batting .750. Perhaps they are bitter due to the name-calling, and are intolerant of those who wish to diminish/deny their 2A RKBA. Maybe they thump their bibles instead of busting empty lefty heads. Pax...
    Just wanted to point out that, despite the deceptive thread title, Cuomo said nothing about Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    If "Christians" aren't welcome, does this make NYC the new Sodom or Gomorrah?
    I think that w/b up to the Persians to decide that one. Given the G-dless trend of NYC and metro-NY, if he has not already, I would think DeBlasio would shut down funding to NYPD's anti-terrorism efforts because they impinge on Muslims rights to do what they would like to do and have stated they will do.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Banned
    Just wanted to point out that, despite the deceptive thread title, Cuomo said nothing about Christians.
    Thread is hardly deceptive ..... cuomo never said he hates the 2nd amendment, but he does.

Why don't you list all of the Christian sects and note if they think abortion is a sin or not...then it might ring a bell...

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Thread is hardly deceptive ..... cuomo never said he hates the 2nd amendment, but he does.

Why don't you list all of the Christian sects and note if they think abortion is a sin or not...then it might ring a bell...
    I agree the Christian "sects" may find it a sin, but not every person the prescribed to that Orthodox feels that way.

Just as not every Christian believes every word in the bible.

Also I'm sure there are other faiths that are also anti abortion. I don't think Christianity owns that view.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

I hate Cuomo and there isn't a person here who thinks NYC is run with any kind of common sense, but that title was completely misleading. I am disappoint.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

Folks, it IS deceptive. The thread title says, "Cuomo says [emphasis mine] that christians [sic] are not fit to live in NYC."

No support for Cuomo having said any such this was provided. The thread title is a lie. Not that the staff would do anything about that lie, even though it has been pointed out to them.

Centurion
    Folks, it IS deceptive. The thread title says, "Cuomo says [emphasis mine] that christians [sic] are not fit to live in NYC."

No support for Cuomo having said any such this was provided. The thread title is a lie. Not that the staff would do anything about that lie, even though it has been pointed out to them.
    Got to agree with Eye95 on this one.... While MANY Christians may feel they are included in those actually specified by Cuomo there are those that would not. Cuomo did not specifically say 'Christians". Therefore, the OP thread title IS DECEPTIVE AND NOT AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTOR!

Now on to the Content of what Cuomo actually said does fully tell me that he has NO respect for MANY of our Constitutionally protected rights and this coming from an elected official in my mind makes him eligible to be removed from office SOONEST! Even with his followup claim that he was only referring to members of the press DOES NOT LESSEN THE IMPORT OF HIS CRIME and threat to the CIVIL RIGHTS OF THOSE EITHER LIVING IN NY OR WISHING TO VISIT!

ETA: There have been times when Eye95, others, and I have disagreed on things posted on OCDO. But, I hope to live up the standard I believe was stated by Abraham Lincoln of standing with ANYONE who is in the right and when they are wrong to let them stand alone!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 01-21-2014 at 09:18 PM.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Got to agree with Eye95 on this one.... While MANY Christians may feel they are included in those actually specified by Cuomo there are those that would not. Cuomo did not specifically say 'Christians". Therefore, the OP thread title IS DECEPTIVE AND NOT AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTOR!

Now on to the Content of what Cuomo actually said does fully tell me that he has NO respect for MANY of our Constitutionally protected rights and this coming from an elected official in my mind makes him eligible to be removed from office SOONEST! Even with his followup claim that he was only referring to members of the press DOES NOT LESSEN THE IMPORT OF HIS CRIME and threat to the CIVIL RIGHTS OF THOSE EITHER LIVING IN NY OR WISHING TO VISIT!
    I wish the OP had focused on what you did; he'd have some credibility. Instead he went deceptively hyperbolic.

Yes, Cuomo has no respect for the rights of NYers. No, he did not say what he was accused of saying.

Centurion
    I wish the OP had focused on what you did; he'd have some credibility. Instead he went deceptively hyperbolic.

Yes, Cuomo has no respect for the rights of NYers. No, he did not say what he was accused of saying.
    I see you made your comment probably while I was doing my ETA---- Thanks

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I see you made your comment probably while I was doing my ETA---- Thanks
    Thank you for alerting me to your ETA. I would have otherwise missed it.

We can disagree, but when we are driven by honesty, we can communicate, making agreement possible.

IOW, I prize honesty more than getting folks to agree with me.

Thank you for alerting me to your ETA. I would have otherwise missed it.

We can disagree, but when we are driven by honesty, we can communicate, making agreement possible.

IOW, I prize honesty more than getting folks to agree with me.
    Eye95

So then lets be honest shall we.. Do you not think the GOV is a tyrant?
    I think honestly that he is a TYRANT and a total 2A anti..

Thank you and best regards

CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Eye95

So then lets be honest shall we.. Do you not think the GOV is a tyrant?
    I think honestly that he is a TYRANT and a total 2A anti..

Thank you and best regards

CCJ
    What do you mean by "GOV"? The governor? The government?

Also, the only honesty in answering those questions would be how true I was to my opinions and to communicating them. Opinions themselves are neither true nor false.

IMO, Cuomo behaves tyrannically. Obama behaves tyrannically. Both of them unacceptably so. However, despite our institutions being quite broken, they are not so broken as to leave us so helpless in fighting their tyranny as to bring about WITCOHE.

Please note that I despise and fear dishonest patriots as much as I do honest tyrants.

Oh, and tyrants are not limited to government. You can look around and see them in the most unlikely of places.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast