• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cuomo says that christians are not fit to live in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...uomo-pro-life-people-not-welcome-in-new-york/

http://nypost.com/2014/01/20/gop-blasts-cuomos-comments-on-conservatives/

Cuomo made his breathtaking remarks during a radio interview Friday as he discussed the widening Republican rift between moderates, whose support he’s seeking in his re-election campaign, and conservatives, whom he characterized as anti-abortion, anti-gay rights and pro-traditional gun ownership.

“Who are they?” asked Cuomo of the Republicans.

“Are they these extreme conservatives, who are right to life, pro-assault weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that is who they are and if they are extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York.’

Nice move Cuomo, showing your true self..I don't know why his GOP opponents are asking for him to apologize .. he stated his position. Let people know he abhors Christians and people can vote knowing his political opinion.

His grandparents, from Italy, must be so proud of his attack against Christians and Catholics which they likely were.

A priest would likely say that its sad that he did not obtain the gift of faith yet and that he would pray from him to obtain it.

stealthyeliminator

What's anything Cuomo said got to do with Christians?

Here we go.

How about we just say that if this guy believes what he has said then Christians would very likely be among those that he feels are somehow unfit to live in New York, and not send the whole thread down a rabbit trail

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Here we go.

How about we just say that if this guy believes what he has said then Christians would very likely be among those that he feels are somehow unfit to live in New York, and not send the whole thread down a rabbit trail

I'm pretty sure not all Christians are conservative, and not all conservatives are Christians. Yeah, Cuomo has stuck his foot in his mouth, and yeah, the hypocrisy is stunning, but at least he's being honest. And no, I don't agree with what he said, and no, I don't have a problem with having either homophobes, or homosexuals as neighbors. Whether pro-life or pro-choice I'll treat you as an individual.

I just want to point out that the thread title was meant as nothing other than inflammatory.

OC for ME

Cumo is a liberal and thus inflaming him is of little consequence. Cumo did not stick his foot in his mouth, politicians such as he know exactly what they are saying and have zero inclination to be accommodating of "opposing points of views." Tolerance in his dictionary has his picture next to it.....or, he wishes it were so.

sudden valley gunner

Well according to the theories of some that would mean christians should just leave New York then because by remaining their they consent to that ideology.

OC for ME

Being New York, and thus New Yorkers (not the NYC New Yorkers) they are disenfranchised like many of their fellow NY citizens. Anyway, where must they go? Where can they go?

They must go to the South before they even start to smell liberty. I'm sure there are a great many Southerners, like myself, who have had enough yankees invade the South. Send them to Ohio, or Michigan, maybe Wisconsin, even Missouri, but not the South.....were full.

eye95

It has become a typical, and unfortunate, technique around here to make thread titles that are totally unsubstantiated by the OP.

arentol

The pro-life movement was lost the second they accepted the abortionists terminology. If you believe children should not be murdered in the womb then just say you are anti-baby-murder. It makes the point much more clear and doesn't leave the murderers with such a positive feeling each time they are confronted with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

countryclubjoe

The NY Gov is simply another tyrant that can't stand anyone that doesn't believe in the same principles that he believes in.

I hope all the hard working tax paying business owners that he claims should not be in HIS state take their business elsewhere, somewhere, where they are appreciated for paying taxes and employing other hard working tax paying citizens..

This Gov and HIS anti American anti 2A comments should go to hell.

My .02

Regards

CCJ

JoeSparky

Centurion
RINO and BigGovernment Liberal demonstration of "tolerance---- YOU tolerate my view, don't express anything we don't agree with or tell you to say and you too can be tolerant, MAYBE!"

Last edited:

Gil223

"Christians" are portrayed by the liberal left - and their media lackeys - as being "bitter, bible-thumping, gun-toting, intolerant hicks." Although the citizens of NY generally don't meet the working definition of "hicks" (especially them thar NYC slickers), NY's Christian gun owners could still be batting .750. Perhaps they are bitter due to the name-calling, and are intolerant of those who wish to diminish/deny their 2A RKBA. Maybe they thump their bibles instead of busting empty lefty heads. Pax...

Last edited:

eye95

"Christians" are portrayed by the liberal left - and their media lackeys - as being "bitter, bible-thumping, gun-toting, intolerant hicks." Although the citizens of NY generally don't meet the working definition of "hicks" (especially them thar NYC slickers), NY's Christian gun owners could still be batting .750. Perhaps they are bitter due to the name-calling, and are intolerant of those who wish to diminish/deny their 2A RKBA. Maybe they thump their bibles instead of busting empty lefty heads. Pax...

Just wanted to point out that, despite the deceptive thread title, Cuomo said nothing about Christians.

HPmatt

If "Christians" aren't welcome, does this make NYC the new Sodom or Gomorrah?

I think that w/b up to the Persians to decide that one. Given the G-dless trend of NYC and metro-NY, if he has not already, I would think DeBlasio would shut down funding to NYPD's anti-terrorism efforts because they impinge on Muslims rights to do what they would like to do and have stated they will do.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just wanted to point out that, despite the deceptive thread title, Cuomo said nothing about Christians.

Thread is hardly deceptive ..... cuomo never said he hates the 2nd amendment, but he does.

Why don't you list all of the Christian sects and note if they think abortion is a sin or not...then it might ring a bell...

Primus

Thread is hardly deceptive ..... cuomo never said he hates the 2nd amendment, but he does.

Why don't you list all of the Christian sects and note if they think abortion is a sin or not...then it might ring a bell...

I agree the Christian "sects" may find it a sin, but not every person the prescribed to that Orthodox feels that way.

Just as not every Christian believes every word in the bible.

Also I'm sure there are other faiths that are also anti abortion. I don't think Christianity owns that view.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Rey

I hate Cuomo and there isn't a person here who thinks NYC is run with any kind of common sense, but that title was completely misleading. I am disappoint.

eye95

Folks, it IS deceptive. The thread title says, "Cuomo says [emphasis mine] that christians [sic] are not fit to live in NYC."

No support for Cuomo having said any such this was provided. The thread title is a lie. Not that the staff would do anything about that lie, even though it has been pointed out to them.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Folks, it IS deceptive. The thread title says, "Cuomo says [emphasis mine] that christians [sic] are not fit to live in NYC."

No support for Cuomo having said any such this was provided. The thread title is a lie. Not that the staff would do anything about that lie, even though it has been pointed out to them.

Got to agree with Eye95 on this one.... While MANY Christians may feel they are included in those actually specified by Cuomo there are those that would not. Cuomo did not specifically say 'Christians". Therefore, the OP thread title IS DECEPTIVE AND NOT AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTOR!

Now on to the Content of what Cuomo actually said does fully tell me that he has NO respect for MANY of our Constitutionally protected rights and this coming from an elected official in my mind makes him eligible to be removed from office SOONEST! Even with his followup claim that he was only referring to members of the press DOES NOT LESSEN THE IMPORT OF HIS CRIME and threat to the CIVIL RIGHTS OF THOSE EITHER LIVING IN NY OR WISHING TO VISIT!

ETA: There have been times when Eye95, others, and I have disagreed on things posted on OCDO. But, I hope to live up the standard I believe was stated by Abraham Lincoln of standing with ANYONE who is in the right and when they are wrong to let them stand alone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.