• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Minnesota Crime Spilling Into Western Wisconsin

wimwag

I wonder if OCing in Hudson will cause 911 calls to the HPD.
Glad to be able to report to you that OC is not an issue. I OC in Hudson all the time and have for 5 years . I've only had one interaction with the Hudson PD and it was good. A cop asked me where I got my holster because it had a spot for an extra magazine. Had a 20 minute conversation with him about fishing and ways to fillet pan fish then switched to another I had in my range bag and gave it to him before I left. Considering the time I have saved using his filleting technique I came out ahead despite giving him a $30 somewhat new holster.

On another note, while walking the old bridge/marina last summer at dusk I have heard gunfire on several occasions originating from within Hudson. We've had a good past few years economically and now they're here to take what we worked for. I've also had a few high school age kids try to hassle me when eating in my truck in that park with the burial mounds overlooking lake St Croix.

Calling 911 is pointless. The Hudson PD needs more officers.

wimwag

Last edited:

chowda

On another note, while walking the old bridge/marina last summer at dusk I have heard gunfire on several occasions originating from within Hudson.
Now that's a great example of what I'm talking about. If people (breathing things) are in an area and are armed and willing to shoot (others,each other), just why some people believe them walking down the sidewalk with their smith and wesson on their hip would suddenly make the vermin scurry away in fear.

A gun isn't some magical, mystical thing to vermin like them--it's something they carry every day, have shot and been shot at, had friends murdered and probably have murdered someone.
So down the street comes white guy and what? When they see each other, they often shoot on sight or rapidly work towards it. For long ranger they will either let him pass or if they can, get an advantage then go after him, robbing him or just shooting him and taking the gun they've been eyeballing.

Why don't they just shoot you on sight? Because they're not "at war" with you, so they know you won't shoot them as soon as you see them. So if they do nothing, you'll just walk on by and they then will continue doing whatever. If you plop down, they may go away (thinking you're some crazy white guy/cop /setup), or if they think that area is theirs, they may sneak up and kill you, or if they don't claim that area and are just grazing on people there, just rob you.

It's far better to go to a white, affluent place like the farmers market in appleton (that's in WI) and walk around with shotguns and rifles while families are looking at vegetables....

This truly isn't rocket science, but I think some people are so in "argument mode" all the time they just jump on, whether what they're actually reading is what I (or others) are actually saying.

We've had a good past few years economically and now they're here to take what we worked for. I've also had a few high school age kids try to hassle me when eating in my truck in that park with the burial mounds overlooking lake St Croix.

Calling 911 is pointless. The Hudson PD needs more officers.

Sorry you are living that life. I moved from some place like that in the 80s and did it again about 5 years ago. It will be a while before vermin gets to this small rural town.
Any place around bigger urban areas, vermin go there as they have a smaller police force, so they don't have the resources to combat the volume/sophistication of organized vermin.
They do this due to jurisdictions. A place like Hudson is prime due to it being not only in another jurisdiction....but in another state. They're adding layers/complexity in cooperation for any law enforcement monitoring them.
But what they hell do I know. I don't have a link to that on the internet, so it must all be bs....

Last edited:

chowda

Illegal pot growers use other folks' land because they don't want to pay property taxes
Do you have a link for that? If so, it must be at stoner.com.
Possession is the law, so if it's on their land, it's theirs. Plus, if they have any forfeiture laws, they'll lose the land/house, vehicles, etc.

Like I've said, plenty of funny stuff the regular 4-5 post here. Laughter is a good way to start the day. Thanks.

chowda

They either don't own land or they don't want the land trace back to them or they don't want it confiscated under the forfeiture laws.

Hmmmm....do you have a link for that? While it seems like common sense, I'll need to see some PROOF like an internet link...... ;)

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Here's an OCer getting robbed of his gun.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/reports2006/073106robnewtonpatton.htm

I've heard many "true" stories on many forums but this is literally the only verified true story I've ever come across.

just for old times,,, [h=3]Man open carrying was robbed of his gun - USA Carry[/h]
I believe this account was wrote about at length here on OCDO.
It was said his neighbors new him as the gun guy.
He walked with his head in his a$$ at 4 AM!!
Many say he was not robbed for his gun,,, That was just a bonus!
OR!!! the robbery was a setup to show gun laws should be tightened up! Who knows?

I havent looked for our thread,,, but their is one...

chowda

In one neighborhood I lived in, once the composition of it changed enough, I hid the fact that I had firearms, so when I'd go out shooting, I'd break down the firearms and never use a gun case when bringing them to my truck. A young professional family moved into the house across the street and they were so proud of being gentrifiers, redid the yard, making it look pretty nice. However once he got a few rounds fired at his house, he never replaced the window that had the bullet holes in it. Must have been a mistaken house as the two houses one away were the ones that always got shot at. It was that old plate glass, so maybe it was pretty expensive, but either way, they were ignorant, but not no mo. Suckas!

wimwag

Now that's a great example of what I'm talking about. If people (breathing things) are in an area and are armed and willing to shoot (others,each other), just why some people believe them walking down the sidewalk with their smith and wesson on their hip would suddenly make the vermin scurry away in fear.

A gun isn't some magical, mystical thing to vermin like them--it's something they carry every day, have shot and been shot at, had friends murdered and probably have murdered someone.
So down the street comes white guy and what? When they see each other, they often shoot on sight or rapidly work towards it. For long ranger they will either let him pass or if they can, get an advantage then go after him, robbing him or just shooting him and taking the gun they've been eyeballing.

Why don't they just shoot you on sight? Because they're not "at war" with you, so they know you won't shoot them as soon as you see them. So if they do nothing, you'll just walk on by and they then will continue doing whatever. If you plop down, they may go away (thinking you're some crazy white guy/cop /setup), or if they think that area is theirs, they may sneak up and kill you, or if they don't claim that area and are just grazing on people there, just rob you.

It's far better to go to a white, affluent place like the farmers market in appleton (that's in WI) and walk around with shotguns and rifles while families are looking at vegetables....

This truly isn't rocket science, but I think some people are so in "argument mode" all the time they just jump on, whether what they're actually reading is what I (or others) are actually saying.

Sorry you are living that life. I moved from some place like that in the 80s and did it again about 5 years ago. It will be a while before vermin gets to this small rural town.
Any place around bigger urban areas, vermin go there as they have a smaller police force, so they don't have the resources to combat the volume/sophistication of organized vermin.
They do this due to jurisdictions. A place like Hudson is prime due to it being not only in another jurisdiction....but in another state. They're adding layers/complexity in cooperation for any law enforcement monitoring them.
But what they hell do I know. I don't have a link to that on the internet, so it must all be bs....

You keep saying "white" like living in a neighborhood with us Arabs is a bad thing.

I forget, are you for or against open carry?

wimwag

just for old times,,, [h=3]Man open carrying was robbed of his gun - USA Carry[/h]
I believe this account was wrote about at length here on OCDO.
It was said his neighbors new him as the gun guy.
He walked with his head in his a$$ at 4 AM!!
Many say he was not robbed for his gun,,, That was just a bonus!
OR!!! the robbery was a setup to show gun laws should be tightened up! Who knows?

I havent looked for our thread,,, but their is one...

Well, that's two...and still less than the number of stories of concealers being victimized before being able to fire a shot (Zimmerman!!!)

chowda

You keep saying "white" like living in a neighborhood with us Arabs is a bad thing.
:D in this sense, I used it in the indian way of thinking--it's a way of thinking, a way of believing, of doing. And that, my dear friend, has a strong cultural component in it.

I am all for open carry, but am enough of a realist that I know that it's not a good thing to do in every case. Ex: it's not a good thing to walk around with a FAL or stand on a corner of a park with an HK 91 at the farmer's market in appleton, or any other nice/safe place. * It drives people away from seeing firearms owners as 'normal' people and on a deeper level, doesn't sit well with people, especially people with families in those areas. The other reason is if you are doing oc for safety, well while it does provide a deterrent, it also provides an opportunity for a crime to happen and the person doing the OC (or their house) would be the target. This is where concealed carry makes is 'better'.

As far as any crime deterrence, it may--if the person doing the OC stays in the immediate area where the potential crime would take place. If not, the criminals will just wait for the OC person to leave. Or the criminals leave and go do their crime a block away. Or as stated, the armed criminals could see the OC and take that as an opportunity for crime on the OCer, due to wanting their gun or just as a way of maintaining their dominance over their 'turf'.

Most of what I like and appreciate about oc is it's our right, so we don't have to go through some government checks, courses, registrations to do it. We simply do it.

* Personally, I see little reason for OC of long guns because, well, it's a PITA. People like to compare OCers to cops. Do cops walk around with their shotguns all the time? Or ARs? No, it's a PITA because you are always moving around it, moving it around. Before you sit down, you have to do something with it, when you get down you have to do something with it. If you get in a vehicle, you have to do something with it, when you get tout of a vehicle, you have to do something with it, etc.
But anyone that has had to carry around a long gun for any length of time knows this. But as I said, this is just personal experience and preference.

Last edited:

Firearms Iinstuctor

More MNs crime in Wis.

http://m.startribune.com/?id=241087451

Three people were shot in a liquor store parking lot Sunday morning in Hudson, Wis., where police believe the victims and two suspects had gone to buy alcohol on a day when Minnesota liquor stores are closed by law.

The victims and suspects were in cars with Minnesota license plates, said Hudson Police Chief Marty Jensen. He said police have noticed disorderly conduct and shoplifting on Sundays, sometimes by inebriated Minnesotans, but never a shooting.

chowda

Good lessons others have learned so we don't make the mistake of moving to such places.

devildogdiesel0311

nyuk nyuk nyuk.
People need to finally accept that criminal gangs have been colonizing areas in wi since, well from my experience 1982. Get a map out and get a major urban area, then anywhere within a 30 mile radius will be infested. From the same urban area, go out the transportation arteries and the medium sized towns will be colonized. Look at the twin cities (thats minneapolis/st. Paul for those clueless about this area yet still want to tell us how things are here) and overlay on a map what i just said. Talk to the cops in those towns and check back with us.
Ask about all gang activity rochester, lacrosse, wausau, and of course, our favorite twin cities hunter chai vang.

At the other end of the state, the chicago/milwaukee areas, follow the crime waves and colonizing up the interstates, then get back with us.

Open carry may make you feel good, but if you want to protect yourself (or others), concealed carry of pistols is best. Oh, and don't stick around if you have to defend yourself, if you get the chance, leave. Why do i say such strange things? Because we live in orwellian strange times where if you are forced to use deadly force to defend your life, if the person is a member of a protected class, the federal government will come down upon you and bankrupt you, make you lose your job, etc. At best.

i always open carry because it makes me feel #oaf

wimwag

:D in this sense, I used it in the indian way of thinking--it's a way of thinking, a way of believing, of doing. And that, my dear friend, has a strong cultural component in it.

Yes because hating people for their skin color is only possible if you're white.

Almost everything you say is stupid.

Portraying your bigotry as nationalism is moronic.

chowda

Almost everything you say is stupid.

Portraying your bigotry as nationalism is moronic.

Then we must have some things in common as I have no idea what you are saying in your post.
Bigotry is a preference, so how is that different from nationalism? Both contain a cultural component though. Back when this was a nation, I was a nationalist. I just find life far easier though to just be around people that are culturally like me. This shouldn't be too difficult to comprehend, but I think where most people trip up isn't in comprehension, it's in acceptance of it.
It is what it is. ;)

wimwag

Law abider

really? I OC in the Freedoms in New Richmknd, Hudson and Hudson Twshp??? and they don't even blink. Odd. I'd email the owner.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk and glitchy Windows 8

And the employee was eventually fired. she is in jail now not for what she did to me but for robbing her grandparents of dough and doing meth or other drugs. Look up my post on it.