• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - ‘Snowlection’ to decide control of Va. Senate, fate of gun rights bill

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.examiner.com/article/sno...ol-of-va-senate-fate-of-gun-rights-bills-2014

SNIP

Almost 600 gun rights activists swarmed the Virginia General Assembly Building and Capital Square grounds on Martin Luther King Day to lobby legislators and rally for expanded gun rights. The annual lobby event was organized by the Virginia citizens Defense League (VCDL).

VCDL was buoyed by last week’s rejection of anti-gun bills by the House of Delegates. But all eyes are now on tomorrow’s special election for a state Senator to represent the 33d District in Fairfax and Loudoun Counties.

. . .

As all of Virginia waits for the 33d District to vote, the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning that remains in effect from 7 am to 11 pm EST on Tuesday 21 January, as voters head to the polls. The candidates consist of John Whitbeck (R) who stated today on WMAL radio that he supports Second Amendment rights, Jennifer Wexton (D) who, according to WMAL news radio, has rented a room on the a home in the 33d District so that in case she wins the election she can say she lives in the 33d District, and Joe May (I) who lost his House of Delegate seat earlier this year during the primary election.

optiksguy

Wonder what the long term ramifications will be.

Barring the discovery of 10 votes for Coleman in the 6th Senate District, it mean that the Senate will be 20-20 with the Democrat Lt. Gov holding the tie breaking vote. My guess is the biggest difference would be at the committee level, i.e. what gets a fair hearing and what doesn't.