• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado proposal would require pre-marriage education classes

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Licensed marriage IS, by the very fact that it is licensed, a privilege. You can marry a pig and call it your wife if you want to. That marriage will simply not be recognized by the State and your relationship with the pig won't enjoy any legal standing any different than the that of a relationship of any other man living in sin with his pig.

:rolleyes:

Circular reasoning, and implies that the existence of a right is dependent upon its recognition by government.

Fallacious and false, respectively.

papa bear

I feel this is just a progressive solution looking for a problem

personally i wished the state would get out of all religious affairs