Thread: Dublin: BART police officer fatally shot by fellow officer

Dublin: BART police officer fatally shot by fellow officer

A BART police officer was fatally shot while serving a probation search warrant at a residence in Dublin, authorities said. The officer was accidentally shot by a colleague while serving the warrant at 1:03 p.m. an apartment complex in the 6400 block of Dougherty Road, Sgt. J.D. Nelson of the Alameda County Sheriff's Office said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...arrant-service

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ear-san-franc/

G00gle Real time coverage
    https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...huser=0&ned=us

BART is the Bay Area Rapid Transit light rail system, serving warrants, not enough to keep busy on the trains?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 01-21-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    BART seems to have a history of shooting the wrong people. Wasn't it BART who shot that unarmed guy in the back when he was face-down on the pavement in a rail station?

Note to Self: Buy body armor before traveling to the Bay Area.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-21-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    BART seems to have a history of shooting the wrong people. Wasn't it BART who shot that unarmed guy in the back when he was face-down on the pavement in a rail station?

Shot you refer to was NEGLIGENT and not intentional as the officer was intending to TAZE. I suspect lack of training and a set up of the situation by having the tazer and firearm BOTH on the same side!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Banned

Note: the killed cop was wearing body armor.

Look at that police cavalcade ... they do that when they accidentally shoot anyone?

BART seems to have a history of shooting the wrong people. Wasn't it BART who shot that unarmed guy in the back when he was face-down on the pavement in a rail station? Note to Self: Buy body armor before traveling to the Bay Area.
    Oh w'at tangled webs we weave when first we practice to deceive. How's this for a convoluted statute prohibiting felons body armor.

California Penal Code Section 12370. [ ... ] (d) Law enforcement officials who enforce the prohibition specified in subdivision (a) against a person who has been granted relief pursuant to subdivision (b), shall be immune from any liability for false arrest arising from the enforcement of this subdivision unless the person has in his or her possession a certified copy of the permission granting the person relief from the prohibition, as required by subdivision (c). This immunity from liability does not relieve any person or entity from any other liability that might otherwise be imposed.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.