Thread: new to open carry in Federal Way

new to open carry in Federal Way

Hi there, just moved here from Alaska for my job and I am new to open carry. Didn't open carry often in Alaska as it's very cold most of the time I was there, and I worked summers in Texas. Looking forward to it down here. I've read a lot of the literature on this site and you guys have done a good job researching and posting stuff, makes me feel very comfortable! I'll be carrying around Federal Way and Burien quite a bit, so I'll see you all out there!

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey1911 View Post
    Hi there, just moved here from Alaska for my job and I am new to open carry. Didn't open carry often in Alaska as it's very cold most of the time I was there, and I worked summers in Texas. Looking forward to it down here. I've read a lot of the literature on this site and you guys have done a good job researching and posting stuff, makes me feel very comfortable! I'll be carrying around Federal Way and Burien quite a bit, so I'll see you all out there!
    IF I read your post correctly is seems you are looking forward to OC'ing in Texas. Hate to break your bubble but DON'T plan on OC'ing a handgun in TEXAS as it is ILLEGAL! And several attempting to OCLG have been cited for Disorderly Conduct NO MATTER how they carry the LG or there apparent demeanor! Permit is required to conceal your HG as well.

Misread the OP. Understand NOW he is NOT refering to OC in TEXAS but rather Washington state.... OC is good to go in Washington State, but a Permit makes it easier with vehicle carry and the infamous FGFSZ.
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 01-21-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Not what he said Joe.

Welcome to Washington, Osprey!
    This state is beyond OC friendly. Never had a serious issue.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Not what he said Joe.

Welcome to Washington, Osprey!
    This state is beyond OC friendly. Never had a serious issue.
    I reread and realized I miss read the town name....

Outside of SanAntonio is a small town Van Burien.... saw the Burien and my mind must have added the VAN and Texas.... Sorry and see my edit to above!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 01-21-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I reread and realized I miss read the town name....

Outside of SanAntonio is a small town Van Burien.... saw the Burien and my mind must have added the VAN and Texas.... Sorry and see my edit to above!
    But, Joe, His location is Federal Way, WA……..and he is posting in the WA forum.

Now I know the '49 'rs didn't quite know the difference between Federal Way WA, and Seattle WA, what with the huge fiasco with the billboard and such, so I could see how you were also confused and bewildered.

We'll let it slide, this time

Osprey……welcome to the area. Hope to see you sometime at one of the meets/coffee etc. Have fun!
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGutshotWilly View Post
    But, Joe, His location is Federal Way, WA……..and he is posting in the WA forum.

Now I know the '49 'rs didn't quite know the difference between Federal Way WA, and Seattle WA, what with the huge fiasco with the billboard and such, so I could see how you were also confused and bewildered.

We'll let it slide, this time

Osprey……welcome to the area. Hope to see you sometime at one of the meets/coffee etc. Have fun!
    He DOES reference summering in Texas in his post....

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA

Haha sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say was, having spent most of my time in Alaska in the winter when it's too cold to open carry, and summers in Texas where it's illegal, I never had much of a chance to do it until I moved to Washington.

Willy, thanks for the invite, where/when are these meets?

Haha sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say was, having spent most of my time in Alaska in the winter when it's too cold to open carry, and summers in Texas where it's illegal, I never had much of a chance to do it until I moved to Washington.

I am in Federal Way.

Expect extra attention of you decide to go to the Mall in town. The theater there is anti-gun, just a heads up.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

See WA Events at top of page:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...hington-Events
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Welcome to Washington Osprey. Things of an OC nature are well publicized here on the forum. Sometimes so many it becomes a matter of distance during the summers. Again, Welcome.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar

Osprey,
    Follow the thread Golddigger pointed you to, and keep track of the threads that are here. There are regular 1st/2nd/3rd/ and 4th saturday coffee meets in the various regions, and some regular sunday ones too. You will start noticing them in that one thread and sometimes in these threads.

Cheers!
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president