• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No magazines or holsters on capital grounds

stealthyeliminator

The latest of the region 7 dps idiocies. Put your mags in your pocket, and no exposed holsters. Because your firearm must be concealed, everything relating to it must be too? No, legislature must define what must be concealed, and they did: the handgun. Can the region 7 dps ever stop making up their own laws? We will see. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw4dyVw3U1A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

half_life1052

I would have needed to bit my tongue

To avoid asking the two fine officers if either of them had a bullet in their chest pockets. :D

rushcreek2

Why in this world do we think we need to elect legislators, and governors to enact laws - when all along we've had fine upstanding LEO's at our disposal to decide what should or should not be "against the law" ?

Not only....WHERE is the GOVERNOR, but WHERE...... is the ATTORNEY GENERAL. One or the other needs to get off their stump, and bring a halt to this crap .

Another sore point - the frequent abuse here lately of Section 42.01 (a,8) Disorderly Conduct.

What THAT section of the Texas Penal Code CLEARLY DOES NOT SAY is that it is AN OFFENSE TO OPENLY CARRY ANY FIREARM or other deadly weapon in public - but COPS in Texas are actually arresting people for doing something that is NOT a violation of that law. This is nothing less than harassment of law-abiding citizens.

The wording " ...IN A MANNER CALCULATED TO CAUSE ALARM....." either has MEANING , or IT DOES NOT - in which case there is no reason for it being included in the wording of that DC statute.

Those 7 WORDS in quotes are WHAT DEFINES AN OFFENSE.

Similarly the existence of the word " HANDGUN " in lieu of the WORDS " ANY FUNCTIONAL PART OF A HANDGUN " in 46.035 (a) conveys MEANING..............and that meaning is A HANDGUN........not a magazine.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

Did he get arrested? Nope.
Did the troopers intimate that he would be in trouble if he didn't? Sure looks like it.

Maybe he should have stood his ground and let them make a seizure; might be fun to see how that works out for them.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Students wonder why I laugh when they mention Texas as a gun-friendly state, just passing along long-held myths. They are amazed at the truth.

De5115

I'm in TX for some TDY. My favorite TX carry tidbit is that a place of business that derives 51% or more of it's sales come from the sale or service of alcohol are prohibited carry. So am I supposed to divine if Tilted Kilt or Hooters get 51% of their sales from alcohol? Or perhaps I just ask the hostess as I walk in.:confused:

FreeInAZ

I'm in TX for some TDY. My favorite TX carry tidbit is that a place of business that derives 51% or more of it's sales come from the sale or service of alcohol are prohibited carry. So am I supposed to divine if Tilted Kilt or Hooters get 51% of their sales from alcohol? Or perhaps I just ask the hostess as I walk in.:confused:

Sadly, my former state MI, has the same gibberish on their law books too. Most OWNERS cannot tell you exactly how much of their profits are from alcoholic drinks.

OldCurlyWolf

No you don't. There is by law, a sign REQUIRED to be posted on all 51% businesses. BTW a liquor store is not prohibited. Sale is not the qualifier. Sale for immediate on premises consumption is the kicker.
:cool:

stealthyeliminator

Why in this world do we think we need to elect legislators, and governors to enact laws - when all along we've had fine upstanding LEO's at our disposal to decide what should or should not be "against the law" ?

Not only....WHERE is the GOVERNOR, but WHERE...... is the ATTORNEY GENERAL. One or the other needs to get off their stump, and bring a halt to this crap .

Another sore point - the frequent abuse here lately of Section 42.01 (a,8) Disorderly Conduct.

What THAT section of the Texas Penal Code CLEARLY DOES NOT SAY is that it is AN OFFENSE TO OPENLY CARRY ANY FIREARM or other deadly weapon in public - but COPS in Texas are actually arresting people for doing something that is NOT a violation of that law. This is nothing less than harassment of law-abiding citizens.

The wording " ...IN A MANNER CALCULATED TO CAUSE ALARM....." either has MEANING , or IT DOES NOT - in which case there is no reason for it being included in the wording of that DC statute.

Those 7 WORDS in quotes are WHAT DEFINES AN OFFENSE.

Similarly the existence of the word " HANDGUN " in lieu of the WORDS " ANY FUNCTIONAL PART OF A HANDGUN " in 46.035 (a) conveys MEANING..............and that meaning is A HANDGUN........not a magazine.

Oh, well the AG's office has already addressed that concern. You see, the AG's office provides legal representation to the troopers, so helping or protecting citizens who's rights have been abused by the troopers (ie. "justice") would be a conflict of interest. Yes, justice would present a conflict of interest to the AG's office.

Last edited:

rollingtrouble

Well...

I am sorry to say, that a lot of this stuff came about because of me open carrying (lawfully) a black powder replica revolver pistol at the capitol and got past their incompetent security at the door on the north side of the capitol lawfully open carrying that black powder revolver. OC of long guns and pre 1899 pistols or replicas not firing modern ammunition is totally legal in Texas. As a member of OCT (Open Carry Texas) we carried long guns on the capitol grounds lawfully to exercise our rights under the US and state constitution. This was not done for any other reason other than to exercise that right, and to combat the liberal "progressive" fight to take away our right to carry under both the state and US constitutions. The liberals and "progressives" are slowly but certainly tearing our constitution up, trampling on the document as if it were **** paper. The region 7 DPS only invoked their Admin code 3.146 at the capitol after I lawfully open carried my black powder pistol into the capitol rotunda to the dismay of the liberal progressive administration in power there. I was told that although it was not illegal under state law, the powers that be did not like it. I was allowed to leave after arguing the statutes and law after being taken to the DPS basement offices at the capitol and confronted in a room by several DPS officials. This was also witnessed by my friend who was allowed there because I am a quadriplegic disabled veteran and he was helping me get around. The next week, two members were unlawfully arrested, one outside the capitol grounds, one inside for lawfully open carrying black powder revolvers. At hearing of this, I hitchhiked a ride to Austin (with my 1858 Confederate Colt Navy) that I had taken the week before to enquire what was going on. I have video of all these encounters for those interested. After an hour of talking with several DPS troopers and higher ranking Sgts, one noticed my BP revolver and "claimed" he was alarmed. I was then unlawfully arrested for disorderly conduct. For "displaying" a firearm calculated to alarm. A BP revolver is NOT a firearm under state and federal law. I was jailed for 24 hours and released with NO charges being filed. They just did not like the fact that I was carrying it lawfully. I was arrested for "contempt of authority" nothing more. People, there are forces out there that are against the constitution and are all about control and taking our rights away. The liberal progressive movement, and the evil doers are growing through the dumbing down of our youth and destroying the very core of what our country was founded on. Too many out there are thinking there is nothing that can be done, or its too late and sit back and do NOTHING. There are others, and I that will not be ashamed when asked by my grandkids or great grandkids, why? What did YOU do to stop this? I am and always will be in the fight. I have NO SHAME.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...hy-pro-gun-group-claims-arrests-were-illegal/

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/video...ck-powder-gun-which-is-not-legally-a-firearm/

Rusty Young Man

I am sorry to say, that a lot of this stuff came about because of me open carrying (lawfully) a black powder replica revolver pistol at the capitol and got past their incompetent security at the door on the north side of the capitol lawfully open carrying that black powder revolver...SNIP
Nothing to apologize to anyone for, seeing as the violation of these peoples' Rights is the fault of the "powers that be" hiding behind men and women who "swore" to uphold and defend the Constitution.
As a side note, I remember thinking you guys had some real cajones to be protesting like so in an obviously hostile environment (in the sense that it is the "authorities" that are hostile to you, not just Moms for Unarmed Victims).

The liberal progressive movement, and the evil doers are growing through the dumbing down of our youth and destroying the very core of what our country was founded on. Too many out there are thinking there is nothing that can be done, or its too late and sit back and do NOTHING. There are others, and I that will not be ashamed when asked by my grandkids or great grandkids, why? What did YOU do to stop this? I am and always will be in the fight. I have NO SHAME.
Let's hope more people see this.
As a whole, we need to realize these days may be our last chance to possibly fix the system before civil disobedience is no longer an option for fixing the system.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Sec. 551.002. OPEN MEETINGS REQUIREMENT. Every regular, special, or called meeting of a governmental body shall be open to the public, except as provided by this chapter.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/GV/htm/GV.551.htm ^^

Guess they are not allowing open meetings ... I would check the law in respect to the ability to keep people out who car carrying just empty holsters.

I don't think it matters how they are carried . they are not a hazard or a security risk.