• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vehicle pistol Security

Coyote_VS_ACME

Curious on solutions for securing a pistol in a vehicle while at work.

I ask this as my work schedule means I feel uncomfortable attending a local OC event (I have been there before but...), and having to go straight to work. Since I cannot carry there, it means I have to leave it in the car. The last thing I want to have it stolen. With the work thing out of the way I OC till I get home, but I would rather be able to carry all the time and OC where I can, even if it means my last OC area puts me at work, but from a safety point, What would those here suggest on a security solution for a vehicle that works?

What I am thinking that is already in my favor is the fact my car is a dinosaur, looks rode hard and put away wet, got rust splotches, iffy tires, and poo brown color. Theres nothing of value in it and especially none you can see in, on, or around it except me and my pistol when applicable. With that said, having to shove it under the seat still is not making it secure.

Are there budget solutions or ideas out there or do I need to just invest in a decent cheap small firesafe and weld it to the floorboard/frame?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Last edited:

fire suppressor

I use a gunvault nanovault under my seat with a security chain. Cheap about $30 at Sportsman's warehouse and uses a turn dial lock so I don't have to carry another key. It won't necessarily keep anyone out but I'll know about it if someone takes it

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

LarryM

Bought three locking gun drawers = have one mounted in the trunk of my car (and I have a sturdy center console that locks) and have two mounted in the jockey box of my semi-tractor. One for my weapon and the other for my ammo and mags when traveling through a WA CPL non permitted state)....

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/gun...ackage-from-hi-point-firearms-shot-show-2014/

Hi-Point Firearms is the first manufacturer to offer a lockable steel box in a new gun package. You can get the package with any of their 9mm, .380 ACP, .40 caliber and .45 caliber pistols. The lockbox has a simple key access, can be readily mounted wherever it’s needed, like a bedside table, inside a truck and so forth, and comes with a braided steel cable for additional security. The stand-alone price is $250. It’s great for the first-time gun buyer who doesn’t have a safe.

Well a popular weapon manufacturer has looked at this situation and is offering a solution.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
$250 for a $125 gun???? I got basically the same thing for $30 at Cabelas. I love Hi-Point, but they lost their mind on this one.

solus

OP, a quick point to make...

please make sure there are no company policies in effect which prohibit firearms on the company property as if a coworker got wind of your treasure trove, they might tell HR or management and you could discover yourself in disciplinary hot water.

alternatively, if not risky, park on the city streets to preclude any violation of company policies, even inadvertently.

i have a small bio (on sale 99$ gun vault securely fastened by long sheet shrews immediately behind the driver's seat to assure my firearm is maintained properly during stops, traffic or otherwise!!

ipse