Thread: 'No Lead with My Drink Please' Cards left with Charleston-area restaurants.

'No Lead with My Drink Please' Cards left with Charleston-area restaurants.

"Labeled "No Lead with My Drink Please," the card's text listed a number of warnings should lawmakers allow permit holders to carry their guns into places that serve alcohol, which is now prohibited. For example: "You will be forced to decide which group of customers to lose, those favoring loaded weapons in your place of business or those opposed to them." Another warning: "Of course you'll have no way of knowing who has a weapon or who has a permit." The yellow cards were left Tuesday with bars and restaurants around the Market and along East Bay and Broad streets. They were delivered by William Hamilton, a local liberal activist who previously was behind Charleston's "Occupy" movement.

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...watering-holes

From the Chuckton Posted & Currying rag's leading lib.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

saw it in this mornings rag.......

It's interesting how bias can affect supposedly "unbiased" reporting of the facts. The story line seems to highlight how guns are going to be allowed in bars serving alcohol and that's a bad idea because people will get drunk and use their guns. Well, at least if you read the first part of the story it gives you that impression. Only in the late part does an interview from last year with the bill's sponsor point out that the bill allows carry only if you don't consume, so there should be no drinking while carrying. A good point is made that right now, a person can carry in a Waffle House legally ( as long as the establishment permits it) but not in an Applebees, solely because Applebees serves alcohol. The article however seems to be making the splash point that it's a new law bringing guns into restaurants, bad, bad, news, etc.

Well, I hope the guy that is circulating those yellow cards doesn't have to wait too long the next time he calls the police. Of course, if he decided to carry, he might be able to defend his home rather than wait for the police to show up to help him out.

and of course, the comments about the story are alluding to "going back to the days of the wild west, yada , yada, yada." People have got to wake up and realize that for the politicians to tell you the police can protect you is a lie. There are too few police and too many criminals willing to do you harm. But then, I guess the mind set that says it's ok to rely on someone else to protect you and you don't have to take any personal responsibility to protect yourself is just what the libs want anyhow. With more dependence comes more control.
    Last edited by RK3369; 01-22-2014 at 11:19 AM.

We are allowed to carry (open or concealed) and consume (possession has a legal limit, just like driving does) in Nevada and Utah. Funny how there are no related incidents...

Instead of wondering what will happen and fear the worst, get your legislators to look around. This has not been an issue.
    Last edited by MAC702; 01-22-2014 at 12:31 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    We are allowed to carry and consume (possession has a legal limit, just like driving does) in Nevada and Utah. Funny how there are no related incidents...

Instead of wondering what will happen and fear the worst, get your legislators to look around. This has not been an issue.
    AZ permit holders can carry concealed in "watering holes" - it's a non issue here also....
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 01-22-2014 at 12:23 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    [ ... ] get your legislators to look around. This has not been an issue.
    Getting SC legislators to look around requires their heads free to get a breath of fresh air - so to speak. Otherwise they cannot see.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

very true................

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Getting SC legislators to look around requires their heads free to get a breath of fresh air - so to speak. Otherwise they cannot see.
    there are still a few that can't see the "light of day". At any rate, most of the current "sensationalism" is coming from the local "newspaper" (if you can really call it that) and the local antis that see it as the end of law and order and a whole lot of drunk cowboys riding in and shooting up the town.

Occupy worm.....nuff said.

I wonder if this mental microbe will run up to Lexington & Richland Counties and start dropping off his cards in the Land of Pine Trees and Pavement.